Author Topic: Anyone else getting really sick of...  (Read 3121 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Anyone else getting really sick of...
« on: August 16, 2004, 09:48 PM »
plowing through VOTC auctions mixed in with vintage figures and other vintage stuff?  It's driving me bloody well around the bend.  When you enter the auction, it clearly states the years that vintage pertains to.  Vintage style does not make it a vintage figure, take it to the regular, modern section bozos. >:(

[/rant]
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else getting really sick of...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 09:54 PM »
yeah. i hate that. i go through the same crap when i'm looking for shirts. "vintage episode 1 t-shirt" is a very popular auction listing. i think they should hire people to monitor new items that get put on ebay and make sure they go in the correct sections, and have proper descriptions. i know it'll never happen, but it would make the ebay experience just that much better.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 09:55 PM »
Yeah, I hate that. If it's modern, put it in modern not the vinty section & visa versa.

I use the pictures only feature in the vinty secton, sure helps searching for stuff. Way faster.  ;)

Guess sellers want to put there stuff out in different categories so they can promote it more. Drives me nuts too.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 12:43 PM »
Morbug,

I was pretty sure this was going to happen when the VOTC line hit.  Even worse is when someone labels items as vintage and you click on the picture to find a bunch of POTF2 Figures :-X!

Makes me want to e-mail them to ask them to stop wasting our time or misrepresenting an item.  I resist as I am confident there are some that use the word vintage loosely since these figures were in the movie.  Or even worse they dont know the difference and did not bother looking at the copyright.

DBK

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 12:53 PM »
BTW here is an example of that type of listing back firing big time!  Poor guy lost $8.00 off retail.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=5915730821

DBK

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 02:17 PM »
Ouch! Taking into account the listing fee & final value fee, thats gotta hurt !

He had a Ben on there too.

Vintage, Obi-Wan (Ben)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 08:18 AM »
Yeah, I've noticed this too, and it has become quite annoying.  Just looking for vintage figures and running into VOTC everywhere.  I've also noticed it looking for other items, lots of "vintage" Episode I stuff out there, as jokabofe mentioned.  Like you said, there's a "vintage" and a "modern" Star Wars listing area, you would think that would be simple enough :).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 08:01 PM »
I've seen regular OTC with 'vintage' labeling.

I've also seen POTF2 auctions with OTC in the title. I guess sellers just use the terms to get their auctions seen more, which I really can't blame them for, but it does get annoying.

Oh yeah, I'm also tired of getting outbid on vintage Jedi Lukes. I've bid on several of them, only to be outbid within three hours.  >:(
That's the game for ya.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2004, 06:51 PM »
i dont feel bad for these people, they arent listing them right and they a selling them for far below retail...there choice to do it. when i sell stuff online i start bidding price at the minimum i can sell it for..if no one wants it for that price i am better off not selling it
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2004, 11:10 AM »
i dont feel bad for these people, they arent listing them right and they a selling them for far below retail...there choice to do it. when i sell stuff online i start bidding price at the minimum i can sell it for..if no one wants it for that price i am better off not selling it

Exactly how I do it too.  I'll pay the extra nickle to start an auction above $0.99.  IF it sells, great, if not, oh well. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.