Author Topic: AT-TE  (Read 7765 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
AT-TE
« on: August 6, 2004, 01:17 PM »
Think they'll finally make this thing for the EP3 line? I'm pretty sure they show up in the Kashyyyk battle.

How much would you pay for one?  I'd easily pay $60 if it was somwhat close to scale.

:P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: AT-TE
« Reply #1 on: August 6, 2004, 06:14 PM »
I bet that one would be around Falcon scale. Be able to hold a Pilot and a few figs as well as a Speeder Bike. I see a $50 price tag.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 6, 2004, 07:41 PM »
While I've heard rumor of a high price ticket item, I can say that it isn't the AT-TE.  I've heard that a playset might be on the way, and that might be occupying that price point.

I would definitely like to see an AT-TE.  I think it's a pretty cool vehicle, but I think the only way we might see it is if it's about the size of the Republic Gunship and is offered at a $39.99 price point.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: August 6, 2004, 07:47 PM »
...but I think the only way we might see it is if it's about the size of the Republic Gunship and is offered at a $39.99 price point.

Yeah, I'd like to see a decently scaled one like that, but wouldn't that preclude it from ever having a corresponding Republic Dropship to go with it?  Those are identically sized to the Gunships, aren't they?  I'm kinda torn on it, since I'd like the AT-TE as big as possible, but I'd also like to see a Dropship made for it, which I wouldn't want to be out of scale with the similar Gunship that Hasbro's already made a couple of times.  Hmmm...

What would you guys rather have:  A bigger AT-TE, or a smaller AT-TE and a Dropship for it?   ???
« Last Edit: August 6, 2004, 07:48 PM by JediMAC »

SilverZ

« Reply #4 on: August 6, 2004, 09:17 PM »
Pablo confirmed on the OS last night that the Gunship is seen again in use during Ep3, so I'm assuming the AT-TE will be, too. The thing is cool and recognizable enough as a "Star Wars" vehicle probably more than any other PT design, simply because of its obvious design inspiration. With that in mind I'd bet they'd move at a respectable volume even if they didn't show in the movie, which is unlikely. Everyone loves big tank things that can squish things beneath them.

How much was the AT-AT when it was rereleased? I can't even remember. $80? Those sold for a while and then leveled out, and finally clearanced at $20. That's not encouraging. I'd figure these days the ceiling is 54.99 for vehicles, unfortunately. The Falcon hasn't been out for years, and the new OTC one is pretty well improved, but it's dormant on the shelves around here. The realist in me thinks the AT-TE is a hard sell from that perpective. There's a big audience for it, for the reasons said above, but probably not an audience flush with the cash for a proper one.  

That said, I'd kick out whatever cash was required for a vehicle as cool as this done right. Big enough to house drivers, have a companion dropship, and some cargo space for speederbikes, and I'd fork over $80 again, no problem.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2004, 09:18 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 01:54 AM »
To the moans of many I'm sure, I have to say that unless it's to-scale, I'm not all that interested.

That said...  It's DOABLE to-scale because it's easily something you could make that needs "assembly required" as it were.  The legs could each pop off like the AT-AT did, to save packaging space I think.

If it's to-scale, I'm all about it.  I'd buy multiples and evne customize Galactic Civilar War AT-TE mods (they're modded into straight unarmed transports, or so they seem in the Empire series).  

I'd buy two even if they're to-scale just to have a Clone army around.

Pack in a driver (SA Clone) and I'm a happy camper.

I'd go $60 on that...  No lights, no sounds, just a straight fun toy.  Maybe even $70, but $60 for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 05:29 PM »
I would kill for an AT-TE. This has been my most wanted item since AOTC. Hell, its been my most wanted item since I saw the trailer for AOTC.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 12:33 PM »
I'd definitely pay $60 for one, maybe even more.  Heck, I'd pay $100.00 if it was the only way I could get one.

Would I rather have it to scale?  YES!

But even slightly smaller would be fine with me.  Imagine how cool it would look in dioramas!!!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 08:00 PM »
I think Hasbro won't make the AT-TE this time either.  They will throw all their cash into making a very nice Blockade Runner IMO.  That and the Jedi Starfighter and whatever the Wookies have for ships and the Trade Federation.  They will stay away from multiple big price tag items. 

Don't get me wrong though.  An AT-TE would be super sweet, but they did not even make Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator back in the Ep1 days.  I just don't think they have the nads to make it. 

Hope I'm wrong though. 

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 08:06 PM »
If they make that Clone Fighter, they'd have to make and AT-TE
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 10:48 PM »
I was having a discussion about the AT-TE recently over at another board, and I've come to a realization.  Unless the AT-TE is featured in a plot relevant situation that directly affects the main characters of Revenge Of The Sith, I think it's unlikely that Hasbro will make it.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2004, 11:14 AM »
It sucks, but I think you're right!  What happened to the days of getting virtually every vehicle made?  Oh how I miss the vintage Kenner vehicles!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2004, 01:16 PM »
You said it, CHEWIE...

There's just so many sweet vehicle designs from the PT that I'd love to own in 3/4 scale. The AT-TE, despite not having the most screentime ever, still was featured prominently in the final battle of AOTC. Maybe if it does reappear in ROTS, we'll finally get one. I know its probably foolish, but I'm keeping hope that this will be made.

Remember how psyched we all were when pics were first posted of the AT-TE/Gunship Carrier custom at the Hasbro display last year? If only that were really on the horizon...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2004, 03:23 PM »
I remember how psyched I was all too well! 

Man, they really need to release something like the AT-TE or a Homing Spider droid, or some sort of freaking large vehicle from AOTC.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2005, 02:43 PM »
I know some of you don't frequent the customs section too much.  Here's something that is benig discussed in there currently with one hell of an AT-TE custom.

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=6510.new#new

« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 02:44 PM by CHEWIE »