Author Topic: Hasbro Update: 2005 Figures  (Read 9401 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Hasbro Update: 2005 Figures
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2004, 06:21 PM »
I just found a clean Scout yesterday, finally. Still haven't seen the New Likeness Leia on the OTC card, however. That really blows my mind. Plus I've only seen one Cloud Car pilot, which I'd like to have another one of. Haven't yet found the Jawas, Snowtrooper, handstand Luke, or anything subsequent.

I've found a fair amount of Stormtroopers, about five, and bought three of those.

Those 2005 cards are kinda blah without the OTC logo. But if the price hike is true, carded figures are a no-no. :(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2004, 01:51 PM »
So...with the Naboo and Coruscant Wave out 2 months early, anyone else have some hope they might squeeze another 2 Waves in for 2005?   With Episode III figures due in Aprilish there should be time to get some more out I would think (fingers crossed)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2004, 01:55 PM »
I think they'll put out something else, but I fear it will be a rehash of a sort.  They may extend the OTC cardback to squeeze in a few more figures.  Possibly change the cardback so they can re-release Han commtech on another card ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2004, 01:57 PM »
I'd love some more VOTC figures. Imagine a VOTC Emperor? Snowtrooper? Biker Scout?

Or even some VPTC...Jango, Obi-wan, Anakin, Padme.

I know that these aren't going to happen though. Maybe they'll rerelease some older figures. Hey, how about a recarded Ponda Baba? Because I don't think they've released him quite enough. Malikili always seemed like he needed a repaint!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2004, 01:59 PM »
I figured this wave would likely slip out before the end of the year, though I wasn't thinking quite this early.  But yes, I think there's going to be a few more carded waves other than the Cantina and Sneak Preview ones, but like Morgbug mentioned, I think they'll all just be rereleases of older figures on the OTC styled cards.  In fact, didn't GH report something a few weeks ago to the effect of another 6-8 figures being rumored as coming, and all rereleases?  Pretty sure that's what I recall reading recently.  Just hope they stick them on official OTC cards, so they match the rest of the line.

I highly doubt there will be any all-new product though, or we would've probably gotten word or rumor of it by now.  Hopefully I'm wrong though!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 02:00 PM by Snively Bandar »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2004, 02:01 PM »
Possibly change the cardback so they can re-release Han commtech on another card ::)

Dang it!  Have you seen the "rumored" case assortment for the Cantina wave at CaseFresh.com (Australia):

2x Myo
2x Dannik
2x Feltipern
1x Yoda
1x Han
1x Chewie
1x Stormie
1x Sandtrooper
1x Scout Trooper

No word on if these latest 6 are re-issues of the OTC figures OR if they are re-issues yet again on the 2005 style card.  They do have different UPC numbers, so that means that they won't be "exactly" the same as the OTC carded figures.  I guess we can hope that they aren't too different  ::)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2004, 02:07 PM »
Yeah those were the 6 that GH had had listed and they got them from Case Fresh...I would guess they are rehashes/rereleases

I still think they have a month or two with nothing planned besides the Preview Wave

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2004, 02:17 PM »
Yeah, it was definitely surprising to see that these waves are slipping out already, but I'm not complaining.  I'm sure it will be a bit until they are actually "at" retail, but most of the OTC seems to be hitting (or almost done), so they are about due.

I'm guessing those other figures (Yoda, Han, Chewie, Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, Scout) are all repacks too.  I guess we shouldn't complain if they are repacking "army" figures like the troopers, that's what many of us have wanted before anyways, and if they are going to repack figures, it just as well be these.  I do hope the Han and Chewie are different versions than we have already seen (perhaps the POTJ Bespin Han, the Coruscant Chase Chewie, or even....gasp....the VOTC figures...yeah, I know, wishful thinking).  If the Yoda is the OTC Dagobah one, that is fine, its a good figure...although I could see the AOTC "Jedi Master" one making another appearance since the cards have been modified to fit in the PT.

With these waves moved up, a surprise here or there sure would be nice.  Especially if they were new figures.  Doubtful, but it would be nice.

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2004, 02:41 PM »
Glad to see I wasn't just imagining that.   :P

1x Yoda
1x Han
1x Chewie
1x Stormie
1x Sandtrooper
1x Scout Trooper

I agree with mosnab, the 3 Imperial troopers are great.  Who doesn't want more army builders!  So at the very least the Sandtrooper will be "all-new" to the OTC.  Question is whether those other 5 will be OTC re-re-releases?  Sure hope not, with the exception of the Stormtrooper and Scout Trooper.

Why another Yoda already?  What could they do differently with him?  The Flashback version?   ::)

Han?  They couldn't possibly put the Commtech Han out AGAIN, on yet another variant card, could they?  Perhaps the Bespin Han?  But that was just released in the DVD set, so that would be dumb.  Endor Han?  Eh.  I guess.  Should just be a Tatooine Luke IMO, since he's the most obvious ommission from the OTC rereleases, which I've thought to be rather rather strange.  Yeah, I know we don't need yet ANOTHER Tatooine Luke, but considering the "theme" of the OTC line, it makes all the sense in the world.

Chewie?  I'm fine with the other OTC Chewie that's already warming the pegs.  Plus, the VOTC Chewie is coming out as we speak, so don't give us any more of them.  Sigh.  Perhaps another Bespin Chewie would be my guess though.  Maybe with a Bespin Han.

But I'd still take an all new wave of unannounced figures in a heartbeat!  Please!   8)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 08:16 PM by Snively Bandar »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2004, 12:28 PM »
I could see them either throwing in a few surprise figures or just adding some more rehash figures. 

Where they actually serious about doing a 3rd Cantina 3 pack? They sold out in my K-Mart.  Not sure about other places?  Or are the 3 cantina figures coming up the 3 that were going to be in the 3rd Cantina 3 pack.  Ha!  Say that 3 times fast. 

Anyway I would not mind 2 or 3 more Cantina guys.  Get them out of the way you know?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2004, 03:24 PM »
So...with the Naboo and Coruscant Wave out 2 months early, anyone else have some hope they might squeeze another 2 Waves in for 2005?   With Episode III figures due in Aprilish there should be time to get some more out I would think (fingers crossed)

Here's how I see it laying out...

Actual Release:

Coruscant September 2004
Naboo September 2004
Cantina November 2004
Nothing December 2004-Jan 2005
Nothing January 2005
Episode III PreviewFebruary 2005
Nothing March 2005
Episode III April 2005

Hasbro's "Plan":

Coruscant January 2005
Naboo February 2005
Cantina March 2005
Episode III Preview March 2005
Episode III April 2005

So because we got 2005 figures in September they'll have nothing else planned beyond the Preview Wave and pegs will be empty come April 2005. 

I hope this isn't true and they can sneak a Death Star, Jabba's Palace and Prequel Waves in there but we'll see.  So much hope...so much hope, don't let me down

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2004, 03:45 PM »
Well, looking back at what was rumored lst year (for 2004), I'd wager some of these are sitting someplace just waiting to get made at Hasbro.  They could probably hash out a few of these for another wave for 2005...

Keeping the rumor list up date

TPM
Rabe - DONE
Queen Amidala (Celebration) - DONE
Wookiee Senator Yarua - DONE

AOTC
Sly Moore-  DONE
Pablo Jill - DONE
Stass Allie - DONE (crappy, but done none the less)
Jocasta Nu
Cliegg Lars
Owen Lars
Beru Whitesun

ANH
Stormtrooper (Super Articulation) - DONE
General Tagge
Luke in Stormtrooper disguise
Han in Stormtrooper disguise
Death Star Trooper
Hem Dazon
Banniss Keeg
Bom Vimdin
Feltipern Trevagg (Gotal) - DONE
Elis Herlot (Givin)
R5-D4
CZ-3
Rebel Flight Tech
Grand Moff Tarkin

ESB
Meditation Chamber Vader
Bespin Dinner Vader
Cloud Car Pilot - DONE
Bespin Leia Organa - DONE
Lobot (resculpt) - DONE
E-3PO
R2-D2 Dagobah - DONE
Yoda Dagobah - DONE
Luke Skywalker Dagobah - DONE
Luke Skywalker Medical Frigate
Black Bespin Guard

ROTJ
Han Solo Endor - DONE (AT-ST Han was probably what they meant)
Luke Skywalker Endor
Ewok 2-pack with catapult
Chief Chirpa
Wicket - DONE (probably meant OTC version)
C-3PO Knee Articulation
General Madine - DONE
Bib Fortuna - DONE (probably meant OTC version)
Hermi Odle
Weequay
Imperial Dignitary #3

Some pretty good waves could be constructed from the left overs...

A DS wave with Stormie Han, Stormie Luke, and Tagge perhaps?

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2004, 05:10 PM »
The Lars figures IMO have the best shot from that list, the rest of the stuff has come from some iffy sources.  The Tatooine Homestead was supposed to be a Screen Scene with Padme Tatooine and the 3 Lars figures (Owen, Cliegg and Beru).  I think it will still happen sometime.  Maybe in the Episode III line

SilverZ

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2004, 06:58 PM »
I really want a Cliegg figure. It would be such a unique figure with the hoverchair. I was under the impression that Screen Scene was essentially a done deal. A Homestead wave could be a good idea as a nice filler wave before ROTS, assuming those Lars figures were in the pipe. Fill it out with a Saga Tusken recard and I'd be happy.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2004, 01:18 PM »
I'd love to have a wave of figures that don't have decent versions before the ROTS stuff hits. Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padme all need good, normal, non-action-featured versions.

The Lars family set would also kick ass, as would new sculpts of the old Owen and Beru.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram