Author Topic: Saw Things So Much Clearer...Pearl Jam Thread V4.0  (Read 46644 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Saw Things So Much Clearer...Pearl Jam Thread V4.0
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2004, 11:38 PM »
so check it out.... the boston show on 9/28 sold out, during the fan club pre-sale. holy crap, that's a lot of fan club tickets. so they have added a second show on 9/29. tickets go on sale saturday. since we're gonna be in boston already.... looks like i'm staying over another night  ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2004, 11:40 PM »
Holy crapola...I told you Dave ;D

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2004, 07:30 PM »
yeah, so i'm figuring that my little 3 day trip to boston should end up costing me close to $400 if not more, between tickets, alcohol, hotel, alcohol, transportation, alcohol... and did i mention alcohol? almost crazy. well, not almost. i guess it is kind of crazy. they better put on two damn good - nay, great - shows.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2004, 11:22 PM »

:o
Loving the symbolism.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2004, 11:32 PM »
i'm definitely gonna have to try and get one of those for my collection. gonna be tough, i can tell already.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 3, 2004, 10:18 PM »
Bad news.

I won't be able to go to the St. Louis show.

The good news for somebody else:
My ticket is for sale. The face value is $60, but since it's balcony and I need to get rid of it, I'll sell it for $55.

Just drop me a PM if ye want it. I will also accept reasonable offers for it. :)

Edit: I suppose you'll want to know the specifics on where the seat is:
Section: BA01
Row: D
Seat: 49
« Last Edit: September 3, 2004, 10:19 PM by Clark Griswold »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #96 on: September 8, 2004, 12:29 PM »
From TSIS

According to the Late Show's email newsletter, Pearl Jam will be appearing on The Late Show with David Letterman "in the coming weeks". No date was announced, but based on the band's itinerary, September 30th would be the most fitting date for a taping.

In vastly different news, Pearl Jam invited 12 members of a High School Choir in South Africa up to Seattle to accompany them. There is a possibility of some studio time, and maybe a subsequent release of that material.

The group has learned three songs so far - Better Man, Love Boat Captain, and The Long Road. It's quite an interesting story; read the full details at http://sundaytimes.co.za

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2004, 08:11 AM »
Moore Compiles Music That Inspired 'Fahrenheit'

On the same day Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" is released on DVD and its soundtrack issued on CD, Sony BMG Music's Epic Soundtrax will release a compilation of songs the documentary director says triggered his muse. Due Oct. 5, "Songs and Artists That Inspired Fahrenheit 9/11" boasts cuts by Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, System Of A Down, Pearl Jam and the Clash, among others.

"When I make a film, I take my portable CD case and place in it a series of albums which contain music that reflects the mood I am in and the reasons that are motivating me to make this film," Moore explains. "The songs on this CD are either the actual songs that made up our 'on-the-scene' soundtrack, or they are by artists whom I have listened to over the years and have given me much inspiration."

In addition to a dozen anthems, most of which are well known, are two new songs, including the first music from former Rage Against The Machine singer Zack De la Rocha in five years. Produced by Trent Reznor, De la Rocha's "We Want It All" is the first single from the compilation.

"Seeing 'Fahrenheit 9/11' was like hearing Dylan's 'Masters of War' or Public Enemy's 'Bring the Noise' for the first time," De la Rocha says. "It wasn't just about melody, great production or hard rhymes -- it was the weight of the argument and what the piece forced me to consider."

Coincidentally, the set's other new track comes from De la Rocha's former Rage bandmate, Tom Morello. Now a member of Audioslave, the guitarist appears here as the Nightwatchman, the name given to his acoustic singer/songwriter solo project.

Moore describes Morello's "No One Left" as "both beautiful and haunting -- and painfully true. Death in New York, death in Baghdad, it is all to be mourned. Tom sings, the guitar is acoustic, and I am compelled to play this song over and over."

The compilation opens with "I Am a Patriot (And the River Opens for the Righteous)," a Little Steven & the Disciples of Soul song that was frequently performed by Pearl Jam singer Eddie Vedder during appearances supporting Ralph Nader's 2000 Green Party Presidential bid.

Dylan contributes "With God on Our Side," while Springsteen offers a live version of "Chimes of Freedom" and Pearl Jam chip in with a concert cover of "Masters of War."

Moore says he found strength in the plight of the Dixie Chicks, who became pariahs in the country music community after disavowing a Texas connection to President Bush during a London concert. "Their courage -- and the abuse and censorship that they had to sustain and overcome -- did much to get me through this past year," he says.

The compilation features the Chicks' Vietnam War tale "Travelin' Soldier," a No. 1 title on Billboard's Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart in March 2003.

Sony BMG Music plans to donate half the net profits from U.S. sales of the disc to the Fallen Patriot Fund. Selected by Moore, the charity was established to help families of U.S. military personnel who have been killed or seriously injured in the current Iraqi conflict.

Here is the full "Songs and Artists That Inspired Fahrenheit 9/11" track list:

"I Am a Patriot (And the River Opens for the Righteous)," Little Steven & the Disciples of Soul
"Chimes of Freedom" (live)," Bruce Springsteen
"With God on Our Side," Bob Dylan
"We Want It All," Zack De la Rocha
"Boom!" System Of A Down
"No One Left," the Nightwatchman
"Masters of War" (live), Pearl Jam
"Travelin' Soldier," Dixie Chicks
"Fortunate Son" (live), John Fogerty
"Know Your Rights," the Clash
"The Revolution Starts Now," Steve Earle
"Where Is the Love?," Black Eyed Peas featuring Justin Timberlake
"Good Night, New York" (live)," Nanci Griffith
"Hallelujah," Jeff Buckley

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2004, 11:10 PM »
Not sure if this tracklist is for real (I'd **** my pants if State of Love and Trust is really on it), but this is supposedly the tracklist for PJ's Greatest Hits collection due Nov. 16th.

Rearviewmirror (Greatest Hits 1991-2003)

Up Side:

1. Once
2. Alive
3. Even Flow
4. Jeremy
5. State of Love and Trust
6. Animal
7. Go
8. Dissident
9. Rearviewmirror
10. Spin the Black Circle
11. Corduroy
12. Not for You
13. I Got ID
14. Hail Hail
15. Do the Evolution
16. Save You

Down Side:

1. Black
2. Yellow Ledbetter
3. Breathe
4. Daughter
5. Crazy Mary
6. Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
7. Immortality
8. Betterman
9. Nothingman
10. Who You Are
11. Off He Goes
12. Given to Fly
13. Wishlist
14. Last Kiss
15. Nothing As It Seems
16. Light Years
17. I Am Mine

Breathe, Crazy Mary, and SoLaT on a collection that the band had nothing to do with- I say bull****.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2004, 11:35 AM »
http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/rumorpit/rumorpit.html

Latest Rumor Pit comfirms the Title and Release date I guess, no Long Road and Apparently no Unreleased Tracks (I guess they did everything on Lost Dogs)

I'll still buy it, I'm a sucker

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2004, 11:48 AM »
Latest Rumor Pit comfirms the Title and Release date I guess, no Long Road and Apparently no Unreleased Tracks (I guess they did everything on Lost Dogs)

Not true. I have like 3 - 4 songs that are outtakes from Binaural I think? They were not included on Lost Dogs... I've also got a few others, but don't know what album(s) they were from.

edit - okay, so two of them made it onto Lost Dogs - Education and Fatal - but there's still Letter to the Dead, as well as the Birdman Sessions that haven't been put out yet
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 11:55 AM by jokabofe »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2004, 11:56 AM »
Yeah I have a couple too, one that was leaked last spring that is not on Lost Dogs, just odd they wouldn't include a couple to intice more people to buy it, also cool they are doing 2 CD's and I really can't argue with most of the choices (if its legit)

Its also odd that Who You Are is on there and they haven't played it in like 6 years, one of my favorite tracks too so that's cool.  Ten, Vs and Vitalogy heavy

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2004, 11:58 AM »
Yeah, with no new material, I won't be buying it. There's really no need... they could have at least threw in a new song or two, like you said, just to make people like me pick it up. Hell, one new song - or even Letters to the Dead, or one of the other outtakes that I don't have on CD yet - would have been enough to make me buy it.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2004, 09:51 AM »
ed pre-set: Don't Be Shy, You've Got to Hide Your Love Away

setlist: Release, Last Exit, Hail Hail, Save You, Do the Evolution, Dissident, The American in Me (The Avengers), Insignificance, Untitled, MFC, Given to Fly, Even Flow, Down, Jeremy
encore 1 (acoustic): Lowlight, Masters of War, Small Town, Last Kiss, Crazy Mary
encore 2: Love Boat Captain, Better Man, Bleed for Me (The Dead Kennedys), Blood
encore 3: Alive

Looks like a pretty good show last night...Don't Be Shy is one of my favorite Cat Stevens songs, no doubt a nod to his recent Terrorist stuff.  2 New covers too!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2004, 08:00 PM »
Since I haven't been able to unload my ticket, I just might go anyway. With a setlist like that, I'd be daft not to.