Author Topic: Saw Things So Much Clearer...Pearl Jam Thread V4.0  (Read 46637 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Saw Things So Much Clearer...Pearl Jam Thread V4.0
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2004, 11:48 PM »
Get this! You all know by now about Pearl Jam's mini-tour in October 2004. Well, it has just been confirmed that Pearl Jam and Death Cab for Cutie will be playing a special show at the Fleet Center in Boston, MA on Tuesday, September 28th at 7:30!!!

yeah, saw this today, and i am so there. my buddy and i are driving up tuesday morning, staying over in boston, coming back on wednesday, then driving to reading on friday for the show there on 10/2 and coming back on saturday... woo hoo!!!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2004, 11:49 PM »
If you get tickets that is ;)

I'm gonna try for Saint Louis tickets...tomorrow morning

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2004, 12:21 AM »
meh. we never have problems with getting tickets through the 10c. my buddy's been in the club since they opened... he's number 136 or something like that... so i have no worries  ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2004, 12:26 AM »
Nothing is based on seniority though this time around, since they are only doing 6 shows I'm expecting quick sellouts

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2004, 12:36 AM »
if i'm not mistaken, the only thing they base senority on is the actual seating, not the chance to buy the tickets. but my buddy is usually up early in the morning, and he's such a huge pj fan, i know he won't miss out on his chance.

the tickets for the moveon.org shows aren't even being sold through the fan club tho, so that kinda sucks. they are just letting fan club members have a "pre-sale" on the day before they officially go on sale to the general public.  :-\

so that means we'll most likely be sitting in the nose bleed seats for that one... oh well, better than nothing.

the show i'm really psyched for is that boston show. they say they want to sell the entire arena out to fan club members, so they upped the allotment of tickets from the usual 2 to 4 per member. i'm hoping they pull out all the stops, and just play all kinds of **** they don't play on a regular basis. like breath. i've only seen them play breath 1 time, in all the shows i've gone to. depending on where we are sitting, i'm gonna try and sneak a camera in with me. i kick myself for not doing it earlier this year, when we had such great seats, i could have gotten some ass kicking pics  :(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2004, 12:41 AM »
And what I'm saying is that there will be a ton of 10c members from all over the country wanting to  go to this show too, there are a lot of 10c members out there ;)...its going to go quick.

Sort of like the Madison Square Garden tickets did last year, everyone thought that was going to be the last show of the tour and a repeat of the second Seattle show of 2000. 

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2004, 12:53 AM »
true. pj fans are nuts like that, flying in from across the country, not to mentino other parts of the world. we actually met a few people who flew in from austrailia when we went to that msg show - not just because it was the last night of the tour (originally), but partly. and then they added a few others, and we ended up at pnc arts center as well (which i think ended up being the last u.s. date on the tour before mexico).

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2004, 07:36 AM »
Anyone who is shooting for the Boston show give me a shout if you want to hook up beforehand ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2004, 10:57 AM »
Well, the site handling the Saint Louis concert has crashed 5 minutes before tickets are even going on sale ::)  Good luck :P

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2004, 05:36 PM »
Just scored my ticket for St. Louis. Last lower balcony seat available. Yay!!!!

It'll be weird going to this thing alone, though. Couldn't find anyone else who could afford tickets.

Oh well. I didn't see anything on the site prohibiting digital cameras, so I think I'll take it along. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2004, 05:38 PM »
I decided to say No thanks, not sure if I had the extra ching to go and the site crashing multiple times was enough to say piss on it

The Fox Theater though looks Awesome

Should be a great show Ben...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2004, 05:40 PM »
Oh my, what a nice place.

I might meet some screwheads from RM there, so I won't feel so left out.

I'll have to pick up some Death Cab for Cutie CDs so I don't sit there while they're playing drinking beer while having no idea what any of their songs are.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2004, 09:42 PM »
Tired of your 2000/2003 bootlegs?

Try these:

http://www.spreadthejam.com/pj_radio.html

I'm digging on the Hartford, Conn. 10-2-96 show right now. Good stuff!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2004, 10:26 AM »
got our tix for 9/28 yesterday, so we're all set to go! the only thing that sucks is that now i need to see if i can talk my friend into going out to boston on 9/25 so we can catch a sox/yanks game, since they will be there that weekend. although i'd probably get killed if i went to fenway with my yankees jersey and hat on  :D

it'll be dangerous enough just wearing it to the concert... especially if the yanks sweep that weekend series ;D

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2004, 04:14 PM »
I'll be headed to St Louis with my Cubs sticker on my car...it's been recommended to me that I remove before going. ;D