Author Topic: Saw Things So Much Clearer...Pearl Jam Thread V4.0  (Read 46727 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Saw Things So Much Clearer...Pearl Jam Thread V4.0
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2004, 11:49 PM »
Holy Crapoli!  Dave saw two killer shows it looks like, Jim did you wind up getting tickets?

ed pre-set: I Am A Patriot

setlist: Go, Animal, Do the Evolution, Save You, The American in Me (The Avengers), Immortality, Wishlist, Grievance, Alone, Present Tense, Corduroy, I Believe in Miracles, Once
encore 1 (acoustic): Lukin, Off He Goes, Man of the Hour, Parting Ways, Black
encore 2: The Seeker (The Who), Daughter/(War), Glorified G, Lion's Share (Germs), I've Got a Feeling, Rockin' in the Free World

Alone and I've Got A Feeling haven't been played in 10 years...I really don't care for I Believe in Miracles, I've heard it 200 times and I skip it now when it comes on a boot

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2004, 03:54 PM »
2 killer shows is damn right. I just wish we had better seats, but I guess I shouldn't complain since at least I was able to check them out at all. Hearing "Alone" was awesome, it's one of my all time favorite tracks and one they never play live. Same thing for "I've got a feeling" - first time seeing that one played live (they played Alone once at a show in NYC I was at, but that was the only other time I've seen it performed in person). I was shocked when they opened night 2 with "Go" since they always start out with a nice mellow number before jacking the adrenaline up.

They also brought out the guy who Down was written for/about on night 1 just before playing it (but I can't remember his name).  The fact that they only repeated  2 songs from night 1 on night 2 rocked so hard, but there were a few tracks I really wanted to hear that weren't played. Wash, Smile, Breath, State of Love and Trust - I know they are all among the "rare" live tracks, but it would have been nice if they would have pulled them all out on night 1, considering that every ticket in the place was purchased by a fan club member. I also really wanted to hear them do "You Are" off the new record which is quickly becoming my favorite track to hear live. It's an awesome song on the record, but it rocks so much harder live.

All in all two great shows in two great days. Well, the days weren't great, actually, since it was raining non-stop. But at least we got to Boston in 3 hours, and it wasn't raining that hard. I'd definitely do it again if they did something similar later on, but if they tour next year (or the year after, or whenever) I'll probably just stay local and see them instead of driving so far. Last year I went to see them like 5 times, all at fairly local places (under an hour commute) and I also skipped like two shows, so that's enough really. But since they weren't playing anywhere else near here, we had to go.

Now I need to go lay down and rest for a while.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #107 on: October 1, 2004, 11:32 PM »
Anybody catch Letterman last night? I stayed up and caught PJ playing 'Masters of War'.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: October 1, 2004, 11:34 PM »
Yeah great stuff, I've heard Ed do it solo a number of times but their rendition last night was awesome

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 1, 2004, 11:51 PM »
TSIS has a kickin' mp3 up of the performance. They say they'll have a vid by Monday, but we know how some webmasters are about some stuff like that.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #110 on: October 2, 2004, 11:37 PM »
Holy ****!  Neil Young played with the guys tonight!!!  Damn I wish I was going to Saint Louis

ed preset: I am a Patriot, You've got to hide your love away

setlist: Long Road, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Save You, The American in Me (The Avengers), Cropduster, I am mine, Wishlist, Betterman, I Believe in Miracles, Even Flow, Bleed for Me (The Dead Kennedys), Alive
encore 1 (acoustic): Thumbing my Way, Small Town, Black , Harvest Moon (Ed & Neil)
encore 2 (w/Neil Young): All Along the Watchtower, Act of Love, Cortez the Killer

Harvest Moon with Ed and Neil is like some sort of OCB wet dream

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 3, 2004, 05:36 PM »
Holy ****, dude. TSIS has an mp3 of Act of Love from Toledo up. It's pretty crappy, but it's better than nothing.

I hope this song is played in St. Louis. I love Neil's Mirrorball album, and this is one of my favorite songs from it.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 3, 2004, 10:26 PM »
Edit- Screw it, it's not showing now. :'(
« Last Edit: October 9, 2004, 05:53 PM by Clark Griswold »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #113 on: October 5, 2004, 11:38 PM »
ed preset: Last Kiss

setlist: Love Boat Captain, Last Exit, Animal, Save You, The American in Me (The Avengers), Corduroy, Immortality, Alone, Jeremy, In My Tree, Wishlist, Rearviewmirror
Encore 1 (acoustic): I am a Patriot [ed solo], Man of the Hour, Small Town, Off he goes, All or None, Black
Encore 2: The Seeker (The Who), Do the Evolution, State of Love and Trust, Betterman/(Save it for Later)

Dang...coulda woulda shoulda went to this...oh well, next tour

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 6, 2004, 08:26 PM »
Just got back from St. Louis....

HOLY ****, THEY PLAYED STATE OF LOVE AND TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stood in line 43 minutes for a t-shirt, 5 minutes for a beer, so I missed 3/4 of the Gob Roberts set and 1/2 of Death Cab For Cutie, but that wasn't why I was there.

PJ kicked ass. Corduroy, Immortality, In My Tree, Rearviewmirror, Off He Goes, and, of course, State of Love and Trust-- all the songs I wanted to hear, except maybe Masters of War, but I can forgive 'em for that one. Tim Robbins got onstage for a little tomfoolery that didn't end soon enough.
The only real quarrel I have is the lack of people working at the merch stand. Five people to get stuff for half (or more) of the 4,500 people there.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 9, 2004, 05:53 PM »
Bitchin' pics from the Fox.

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/gallery/100504.html

I'm in a couple of them, but since I'm so self-concious and I'm up on the balcony, I'm not going to point my place out. ;)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 9, 2004, 05:59 PM »
Another page of pics.
http://www.msu.edu/~thomamat/pics/SL/index.htm

The last pic is the setlist. I'd have liked to hear RITFW, but hearing SOLAT made up for it.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2004, 11:37 PM »
Confirmed Track List:

Disc 1:

Once
Alive
Even Flow
Jeremy
State Of Love And Trust
Animal
Go
Dissident
Rearviewmirror
Spin The Black Circle
Corduroy
Not For You
I Got ****
Hail, Hail
Do The Evolution
Save You

Disc 2:

Black
Breath
Daughter
Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
Immortality
Better Man
Nothingman
Who You Are
Off He Goes
Given To Fly
Wishlist
Last Kiss
Nothing As It Seems
Light Years
I Am Mine
Man Of The Hour
Yellow Ledbetter

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2004, 10:12 PM »
A bit on rearviewmirror release:

Sony will release a 2CD set of Pearl Jam's Greatest Hits on November 16th (Vinyl on November 30th). The tracklisting below includes songs from all of their studio albums thus far, as well as some soundtrack/single material.

Except for Alive, Once, and Black, all the tracks are album versions. These three tracks are new remixes, put together by Brendan O'Brien this year.

I was wondering if a vinyl would be issued. Yay!!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2004, 02:06 AM »
Anybody get their Christmas single yet? I had heard they were supposed to ship them around the 20th.

I'm kind of hoping I get it on Friday. Kind of a little gift from my favorite band, just in time.

I'm hoping it doesn't become an Easter single.  ;)