Author Topic: K-Mart stores  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
K-Mart stores
« on: November 20, 2002, 12:19 AM »
Kmart is the only retailer I've found in my region that has stocked any of the figures above #40. Everyone else here is still trying to unlode backstock and unfortunately, it's not early backstock either.

Kmart has run several 2 day, $3 Star Wars figure sales. I was able to find one in another town that actually priced them (sticker gun tags) and hadn't made the change after the sale. I nabbed Ki-Adi-Mundi, Teemto, Tusken Raider/Massiff & Watto and went to the checkout not sure what to expect. As I'm scanning other aisles, I walk past just to double check that I didn't miss something and an employee is there and he's retagging the figures. I went to the cash register and checked out and told them what the tag read. The manager said that in the interest of customer satisfaction, I'd get them at the price that was marked ($3). Needless to say, I was a satisfied customer!

The next stop at a Kmart in my own area, I netted a Clone Pilot and Jango Pilot. They must've been pegged recently, because there were several to choose from of each figure.

They had a 2 day, $3 sale at the same Kmart (my area) and I thought it was all week. I arrived late in the evening on the 2nd day (luckily) and lo and behold, 2 Ephant Mon's were bending the pegs. I decided to leave one for the sake of letting someone else be as delighted as I was. I also grabbed a Lott Dodd. They really have been treating me well!

The last finds were pretty much luck and at a Kmart in an area where I work (30 min. from my home). First visit, a lone, clean shaven Endor Rebel Soldier lay waiting for me to retrieve it.

The next day, I went back on a whim and another one had come out of hiding and was quickly snagged and purchased. 2 clean shaven Endor Rebels in 2 days! Since, not a one has shown up.

Kmart has been hooking me up!

I found a rare Padme Amidala today, but passed her up due to the bubble being damaged. I thought I'd pass the info along though for those of you that hunt for variants. The Padme (Coruscant) has a sticker where the informational blurb appears. This is to cover a text mistake.
The first variant has the text error. It is based on the bio text not being specific on the origin of the figure and inconsistant with the real story.
It reads;

"An explosion tears apart the royal ship that is supposedly carrying the queen of Naboo, just as the vessel reaches Coruscant. Ready to defend those in danger, Senator Padme Amidala is relieved that the ship was a decoy and the queen is safe, but she is alarmed by the violent attack and its menacing implications."

All the other Padme's have either the sticker corrected back or the text reprinted correctly.  
It reads;

"Senator Amidala, the former queen of Naboo, returns to  Coruscant to vote on the critical issue of creating an army for the Republic to assist the overwhelmed Jedi. As her Naboo Cruiser arrives, an explosion tears apart the ship. Fortunately Padme, disguised as a Naboo Pilot, eludes danger, but her decoy Carde, disguised as Senator Amidala, was not as lucky."

Yet another slew of variants for the masses!

Good luck and hunting!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2002, 12:11 PM by Thomas Grey »
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline maulnut

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • The Deathstar Saloon
Re:Kmart has been kind...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2002, 10:20 AM »
At our K-mart, I asked them if they would save the Yoda display(for the DVD)for me when they were done with it.  They took the Yoda part off right then and gave it to me!!!
K-mart does seem to be the best place to look for the figues here as well.

Offline skmastaz

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2002, 12:52 PM »
where are you guys at? my k-marts around here (cleveland area) are still april figs! i'll have to go check them out sometime soon but for now, in the words of rainman "k-mart sucks"

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2002, 02:50 PM »
I am glad someones K Mart is worth visiting. Mine is terrible, same figures for months now. Only figures they have are dented Wave 1, 2 and 3 of AOTC. Toys R Us has been good to me, that is where the new figures are.

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2002, 10:42 PM »
I'm in Colorado. In the last year or so they have shut down 2  Kmart stores near me. I thought it was just a matter of time before they all went down like dominoes. I guess Kmart actually was able to salvage their losses and is chugging along at the moment. Maybe it's the fewer area stores now, or maybe I just am in the right Kmart zone.

The nearest TRU to me is 45 minutes away. I haven't even been to see if they have the silver R2-D2s because it's such a hassle to get to. You win some and lose some. Target has been the lame duck here. They aren't even restocking. The pegs are bare and I asked and they said they wanted to clear out before they reloaded. They must be wary at the lower market stores due to the lack of demand with the last 3 releases and that they over order one wave and that sacrifices their ability to provide the later waves. They need to learn a thing or two about all that stuff.

Offline JediBeagle

• Youngling
    • View Profile
K-Mart Close-out sale
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2003, 12:06 PM »
Check your local K-marts, the one in my town is closing and has put all toys 25% off!

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2003, 01:28 AM »
Another great K-Mart find to report. While the local one has had nothing for a long time, the one that is by where I work hooked me up and how last Friday!!!

I walked down the aisle and when I saw what was there, I must've looked like the 2 Ephant Mon's weighing down the pegs. This time, I wasn't as generous as my first experience finding this elusive figure. I bought one then and left one for someone else, hopefully less fortunate than myself. This time I grabbed them and held them quite close in greedy lust. As I struggled to hold onto the heavy figures and search the rest of the pegs, I finally saw gold! My first Yoda Jedi Council Chair figure!!! I couldn't believe it! I had money and was at the right place at the right time. Somehow, it always seems to be a Kmart that gives me the most joy!

Just to let anyone know that this is not just blind luck...

During a week, I have 2 Kmarts, 2 Walmarts, 2 Targets and a KBToys that I visit anywhere from 2 to 5 times a week depending on the time I have. I am a hunter and always hope that the new day will bring freshly stocked pegs. I'm not the guy that waits for places to open, but I am becoming a very familiar face at all of these locations. Hopefully my helpful repegging and organization will help me win some much needed friends soon. I go if I have the money or not. If I do not, I try and have a digital camera so I can documant any variants or errors that I find for my resource files to help this site and my own passion for the unique differences that most figures have these days. I am a collector first, and a documentor second. This is my passion and life. So, when I have a good day of finds, I always need to make it a priority to share it with my fellow peg thumbers...

good luck and hunting always!