Author Topic: Total Members 666  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Total Members 666
« on: August 24, 2004, 01:24 PM »
 :o 666 members! Can this new member Princess be the Antichrist?! Plus with the new 664 sunspot, and 2 more, is it a coming sign of the apocalypse?!

Just playin'.

Whatcha think?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Total Members 666
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 01:35 PM »
Definitely not the Anti-Christ.  Shannon's been posting on boards a lot longer than you, that's for sure.  Good to see her come on over and check JD out.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 01:36 PM »
Yeah, I saw poor Shannon sign up the other day, and get tagged with the #666 there.   :-\  I wish someone else would register just so I don't have to see that number on the main forum any more!  Regardless, it's good to see Shannon stop in though.  Maybe she'll chime in on her newfound fame here.  Just don't ask her anything about eating crawfish when she's been drinking Tequila...   :P

I know Dave's disappointed at this development, 'cause he had plans (and evil intentions) on snatching #666 when it finally became available, but I think he fell asleep at the keyboard, and missed his opportunity!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 01:42 PM by JediMAC »

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 08:01 PM »
If she is bothered by having the number, I offer my services to wear the mark of the beast.  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 08:15 PM »
I know Dave's disappointed at this development, 'cause he had plans (and evil intentions) on snatching #666 when it finally became available, but I think he fell asleep at the keyboard, and missed his opportunity!

>:(

yeah, i don't know how it slipped by. i was gonna register another userid "yourlordandmaster" or something such. dammit.

edit:
actually, i'm a bit confused by something here... according to the profile screen, she's actually member # 701. this person seems to have gotten #666... or am i missing something here?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 08:20 PM by jokabofe »

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 09:18 PM »
Many a moron used to be able to delete themselves.... We have 666 members, but 701 was the total number before deletions...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 09:21 PM »
a-ha, so i'm not going crazy  ;D

wouldn't be an idea to remove the members who have deleted themselves and adjust the numbering to make it more accurate? i did a little "searching" and found out that whoever was #002 and #004 are both gone. i didn't do many more than that, but out of the first 5 those 2 were missing. and i figured that was what had happened, but wasn't sure 100%.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 11:03 PM »
Many a moron used to be able to delete themselves.... We have 666 members, but 701 was the total number before deletions...
Some morons have done it more than once

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 11:06 PM »
YIKES!!  
I can't believe I finally decide to register after lurking here for a while, and what happens? I get this unfortunate #....
Well, at least it got me to introduce myself...
Hi, I'm Shannon.  I've been around SW forums since right before E1 I think, so a lot of people around here may know me.  I used to collect SW a bit more, but I love more of the chase than the purchase now as I'm a single mom w/ limited funding.  I also get to purchase some for my son, who is a mini- SW fan.   Anyway, I'm a Original Issue OT fan, and I don't hate the prequels, but I have some definite opinions on how they could have been better, etc.   I read some of the books- none of the long series yet, though.  I also try to go to the local cons (that would be Dallas) and I'm planning on attending C3- keep me away from Tequila... Tequila+Fanboys+SW= trouble for me... okay, so maybe I am a little devilish...
but if I suddenly turn pregnant and have some old woman trying to get me to wear some stinky necklace w/ "Tanas" in it I'm going to hunt someone down...
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 11:59 PM »
Well, we've already been chatting Shannon, but I'll go ahead and give you a proper welcome here anyway!  Welcome to the funhouse, otherwise known as JD.  But watch your step, it can get a little crazy in here!   :P

Glad to finally have you chime in though.  I know Beth and Sharon will enjoy the female company!   ;)  Enjoy the site, and give us a holler if you've got any questions or suggestions about the place.  We're here to serve!   :-*

- Mateo

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2004, 12:15 AM »
Another Dallas local eh?  Welecome aboard.

I've lived here for a little over a year and have gone to the sci-fi expo about 5 times now.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2004, 09:11 AM »
Hi!  :D

Edit :

Awesome!  :D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 09:12 AM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2004, 07:03 PM »
666?  Uh-oh!

**Runs to grab Bible and Cross to ward off evil Princess of Darkness**

I think you guys should've treated Member #666 like hotels often treat floor #13, where they'll often skip the 13th floor for fear of bad luck at the thought of it.  You guys should've just banned Member #666 long ago, before it ever had a chance to get scooped up here, by presumably a nice, young lady who will now forever have this demonic number associated with her!   :-\

That aside, welcome to JD Princess, oh conveyer of dark and evil spirits!   :P