Author Topic: Vintage OTC Figures - The Return of the Jedi  (Read 37687 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage OTC Figures - The Return of the Jedi
« Reply #195 on: November 2, 2004, 01:48 PM »
Ok, I just finished my VOTC collection.  I haven't opened them yet because I'm still debating whether to open or keep them carded (and this coming from someone who opens everything).  Those cards are just too damn pretty and I really like how they look in the package.  Anyone think these will see clearance?  Target seems like the best chance at that and even then I doubt all 12 will be found for cheap.  Another $120+ to get an opener set is extreme.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 2, 2004, 05:15 PM »
I think Han and Ben will see clearance.  Luke is the most abundant up here in my parts, but at that there's not that many.  Leia is least populous of the first four.  ESB none of sit for long, though I know where I could go buy a Lando/Vader/Yoda right now if I wanted.  ROTJ wave has yet to hit here. 

That said, I have two full sets and going.  I'm not that impressed with the Luke loose at this point (seems short), the only one I have loose.  3PO is simply hideous, but what can you do, gotta have the set. 

I'm taking some of the less common (maybe) or cooler pieces in trade still - stormtroopers (natch), Boba, Chewie.  It's like a disease, so much money there. 

I'm curious when the dust settles and there are none left at stores what will be worth anything.  I'm amazed to see Vader hanging on a peg, day after day.  Stormtroopers won't do that I'd guess, but aside from the obvious army builder, who'll be THE ONE down the line?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 2, 2004, 05:57 PM »
The only figs that will see clearance are the first wave.  Landos seem to be the only other common fig from the other two waves and he does not even stick around long. 

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 3, 2004, 02:53 AM »
If there is anyone still looking for the ROTJ Wave and a C-3PO, you can kill too birds with one stone.  EE has Wave 3 Revision 1 in stock.  Case break down is as follows:

Boba Fett x2
R2 x1
Chewy x1
Stormie x1
Yoda x1
C-3PO x1
Obi x1

Funny  thing is I ordered this case, but Hasbro/EE cancelled it.  EE has now apparently shipped this case to me, but I don't remember it having a C-3PO in this case assortment.  Maybe Hasbro realized they shortpacked him in Wave 2.5 and are now shipping him in later revision assortments?
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 3, 2004, 01:31 PM »
Whoa, that was quick.  Wave 3 Revision 1 sold out.  EE finally has Wave 2.5 in stock as of 10:20 pst.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #200 on: November 4, 2004, 07:20 PM »
Well, my wave 3 case from EE is backordered until January now, and I'll bet it's just a few weeks away from being canceled altogether.

So I've been picking up these last few figures I need for a one open, one carded collection. Still need 1 of the following: Lando, Vader, Chewie, Fett.
I would go for a 2nd 3PO, but he's kind of a stinker.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 9, 2004, 11:48 AM »
Nothing really to add, but I just thought this picture (using the VOTC R2) was kind of neat....courtesy Star Wars Action Figure Reviews:

Offline austinPOTF

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Drive Fast, Walk Slow
« Reply #202 on: November 10, 2004, 11:55 PM »
Those ******* ***********. Mine shipped today as well. This case was originally Fett x 2, Stormie x 2, Vader x 1, Chewie x 1, R2 x 1 and Lando x 1. I NEVER got a notice that this assortment had changed. What the **** do I want another Ben for? Now I have to go and find a Vader and Lando.

If there is anyone still looking for the ROTJ Wave and a C-3PO, you can kill too birds with one stone.  EE has Wave 3 Revision 1 in stock.  Case break down is as follows:

Boba Fett x2
R2 x1
Chewy x1
Stormie x1
Yoda x1
C-3PO x1
Obi x1

Funny  thing is I ordered this case, but Hasbro/EE cancelled it.  EE has now apparently shipped this case to me, but I don't remember it having a C-3PO in this case assortment.  Maybe Hasbro realized they shortpacked him in Wave 2.5 and are now shipping him in later revision assortments?

Offline austinPOTF

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Drive Fast, Walk Slow
« Reply #203 on: November 16, 2004, 12:03 AM »
Well, I have to take back my previous statements about EE. :-[

My Vintage ROTJ shows up today and it's the original assortment. 2 x Stormie, 2 x Fett, 1 x R2, 1 x Chewie, 1 x Lando, 1 x Vader. I didn't get shafted after all.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 01:38 AM by Jesse James »