Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 33468 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
  • I'll feed you fruit that don't exist
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #525 on: August 24, 2013, 02:04 AM »
She replies:

"I DON'T KNOW WHY THE BUYER IS VERY INCONSIDERATE.AS I'VE SAID MISTAKES DO HAPPEN.HE ADVERTISED THE SHOE AS FIT SOLE 2 SAMPLE. I GUESSED HE INTEND TO CAUSE CONFUSION TO CUSTOMERS.I RETURNED THE SHOE AND PROVIDED A TRACKING NUMBER AND STILL DOES NOT WANT TO REFUND MY MONEY.I DO NOT KNOW WHY HE IS SO INTERESTED WITH THE $73.22 WHEN IN FACT HE DID NOT LOST ANY. I LOST $8.75 SENDING BACK THE SHOE.I AM WILLING TO PAY HIS $3.75 FOR HIS EXPENSE SENDING THE SHOE.HE ALSO OVERCHARGED ME WITH THE SHIPPING WHICH IS $6.00"

I will reimburse the $73.22 myself under the condition that this person uses it to enroll in a remedial writing course at the community college of her choosing.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #526 on: August 24, 2013, 05:12 PM »
Lol :)

This is oddly fun but Matt's offer just made it hilarious.  Seriously extend that to someone.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #527 on: August 24, 2013, 07:30 PM »
I'm on by best behavior until we see what eBay does with the whole thing, but yeah - I've been resisting the urge to say some stuff about basic English and how to read item descriptions.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 25, 2013, 03:03 PM »
Nike's fault for naming their shoe with a number.  :P

A few years ago, I sold some chintzy plastic NFL team football helmet collectibles once and forgot to put size (not knowing there's different sizes/scales) or that "penny" comparison photo people do. On the day the auction was ending, some guy sends a questions asking what size they were.  I replied with approximate measurements, and records showed I did. He had bid on them. Paid for them. And I shipped. Then he got buyer's remorse when he discovered they weren't the ones he collected. Threatened to open a case unless he was totally refunded including shipping. I told him my eBay messages showed I replied to his question before the auction ended, and eBay doesn't cover buyer's remorse. Never heard another thing from him or eBay. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #529 on: August 25, 2013, 05:57 PM »
New wrinkle... just bought a $6.99 item on eBay and went to pay it only to find that Paypal has a temporary charge on my account for the $79 that this woman wanted, which took the $25 I had in there and left me with about a negative $55 balance, so I can't send this guy the $6.99 without also giving Paypal everything they need to take the rest of the money from me, which I am not happy about.  This system is retarded, how about you just charge me if and when you resolve the case instead of immediately before reviewing the facts.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #530 on: August 25, 2013, 07:46 PM »
In eBay and PayPal's opinion, the customer is always right.  There's no way you're coming out on top here.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 25, 2013, 07:51 PM »
New wrinkle... just bought a $6.99 item on eBay and went to pay it only to find that Paypal has a temporary charge on my account for the $79 that this woman wanted, which took the $25 I had in there and left me with about a negative $55 balance, so I can't send this guy the $6.99 without also giving Paypal everything they need to take the rest of the money from me, which I am not happy about.  This system is retarded, how about you just charge me if and when you resolve the case instead of immediately before reviewing the facts.

Paypal's hold system is very annoying. When I first started selling a couple years back, my money would be held by Paypal for something like three weeks or until the buyer left positive feedback, whichever came first. It's understandable that Paypal/Ebay wants to prevent people from registering as sellers and scamming, but the hold system wouldn't even allow me to use money to pay for shipping labels. Everything I sold had to be mailed in-person from at the post office. Definitely a dumb setup.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #532 on: August 25, 2013, 09:42 PM »
I rarely have sold on Ebay and this thread's every reason I won't...  They're far too biased towards buyers now, for me to ever consider selling something at this point.  I hope this works out and they're sane enough to take the correspondence into account Rob.  That's proof, but rational behavior seems out of the realm of the Ebay experience.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #533 on: August 27, 2013, 11:03 PM »
I suppose I'm supposed to be scared, but I can't help but finding this hilarious:

"YOU RECEIVED THE RETURNED ITEM. YOU HAVE TO RETURN MY MONEY. THAT IS NOT YOURS AND YOU DID NOT WORK FOR IT. HAVE FEAR ON YOURSELF."

And since eBay will be reading all this crap after I escalate it on Thursday:

"Again, the auction clearly stated "no returns or exchanges" and despite being told this you just refused my offer of a compromise and sent the item back in the mail anyway. When the option becomes available on Thursday I will escalate the case to eBay and they will decide what will happen next. I am not sure what you mean by "HAVE FEAR ON YOURSELF" but I do not appreciate being yelled at or threatened."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:03 PM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #534 on: August 27, 2013, 11:20 PM »
I have fear on myself every time I eat taco bell.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 28, 2013, 10:01 AM »
Rob, as ridiculous as it was, I would report "HAVE FEAR ON YOURSELF" to ebay as a threat. Hopefully that would just cause them to ban the guy, and save you the hassle of the case.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 28, 2013, 11:42 AM »
YOU ARE ON THE WAY TO DESTRUCTION. YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:33 PM by Scockery »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 28, 2013, 12:37 PM »
Too funny. I assume the guy actually resides here in the USA? Scary.

I used to work in a mailorder CD distro, and we got a lot of that schtick. "YOU WILL NOT SLEEP WELL TONIGHT!" was one of my favorites. As if. 
Slice you open like a tauntaun, faster than the Autobahn,
Or a motorbike in Tron, do the deed and then I'm gone.

Offline Master_Phruby

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 28, 2013, 05:58 PM »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 28, 2013, 08:42 PM »
I sent to you your shoe and now you will tremble.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda