Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...

<< < (135/172) > >>

Diddly:
I got the email too and went to see if I left any credit card/paypal info in my account since I've literally only used eBay once, and that was ten years ago to buy some VOTC figures. Will probably stay that way too.

--- Quote from: Pete_Fett on May 16, 2014, 04:15 PM ---UGH - so I picked up the Jek-14 Mini Stealth Starfighter on an eBay auction that claimed the set was New/Unused/Unopened.

Well - it arrived today and imagine my shock to find the two clear tape circular seals that hold the top of the box onto the bottom were both cut.

Opened up the box to find the mini-figure fully assembled INSIDE the bag and then found that the bag was one of those resealable type bags.

Does anyone else have this set? Is that how the bag was? Did the mini-figure come pre-assembled - most Lego sets have the head, torso, legs, hair/helmet all as separate pieces.

Not to mention the fact that Jek-14's hair-piece is missing. I'm not OVERLY concerned about that since I can always request another one from Lego Customer Service to replace it.

My complaint is that it truly wasn't a new/unopened set with those tape seals cut.

Am I being unreasonable?

--- End quote ---

Little late, but LEGO polybags are never taped or stapled or anything. It's like buying a bag of chips. Would you buy one that was taped shut? Definitely get your money back Pete.

Pete_Fett:
So just to update on my Jek-14 Mini Starfighter issue.

Never got a response back from the seller. The one piece that was missing was identical to the Jek figure hair-piece that came with the mass retail bigger Jek-14 Fighter - so I went to Lego's customer service site and asked for one - and I was sent it.

So now that set is "complete" - I have not been able to confirm whether or not there were any "spare" parts - there probably were but I can't seem to find on any of the Lego collector sites what they were exactly - but at least I now have all the parts the instruction book indicates should be there.

So after waiting the period of time that eBay asked me to wait, I let them know that I hadn't heard back from the seller - so without reading my comments they e-mailed me a shipping return label and said I'll get a full refund when they are alerted, via shipping tracking, that the item was returned to the seller.

That wasn't the outcome I wanted - and no matter how many times I explained that to the eBay customer support e-mail address, they just didn't seem to get it.

So I looked at the current going rate for the set and it's $109+

I got it for $79.99 + $5 shipping

If I send it back - this horrible seller was just going re-list it as "new" and "unopened" and in order for me to get the set, I would have to pay even more money.

So in the end, I just kept it - I was going to open it and build it anyway.

The lousy part is that I want to leave negative feedback for the seller, but I'm worried that the seller is just gonna leave a negative feedback on me in retaliation.

Greg:

--- Quote from: Pete_Fett on May 30, 2014, 12:55 PM ---The lousy part is that I want to leave negative feedback for the seller, but I'm worried that the seller is just gonna leave a negative feedback on me in retaliation.

--- End quote ---

Sellers can't leave negative or neutral feedbacks anymore, so no need to worry about retaliation. The worst the seller could do is leave a positive feedback with a negative written comment, but that is something eBay will remove.

Jesse James:
Pete,

I basically did the same thing...  If you were happy with it, keep it and demand a partial refund.  You'd have won, and been in the right to have done so.

The guy I was dealing with sent me an item that was opened and resealed, and was listed as unopened.  I contacted him when I opened the claim, which gave me the option to ask that I keep the item but ask for a partial refund.  That's what I did, and he was more than happy to kick back my shipping.  I think he'd have asked for more, but the shipping satisfied me.

In your case it sounds even a little more shady than mine (I think my guy it was an honest mistake), and you deserve some money back, especially since yours was opened AND is missing a part.  Mine was complete, and I was going to open it anyway, so I didn't want to be a jag about it was all.  I wanted something off though because we'd been in a Best Offer negotiation over it and my first offer was declined...  Knowing what I know now, I would've wanted it for the lower price though.

He may not like it, or even respond to you, but either way Ebay's probably going to side with you on it.  Take some pics of it for evidence.

Pete_Fett:

--- Quote from: Greg on May 30, 2014, 01:47 PM ---Sellers can't leave negative or neutral feedbacks anymore, so no need to worry about retaliation. The worst the seller could do is leave a positive feedback with a negative written comment, but that is something eBay will remove.

--- End quote ---

Wow - they can't? Nice!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version