Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 191887 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #720 on: January 7, 2015, 07:47 PM »
Seems too good to be true to me. Seller has no feedback in the last 12 months either. That being said, if it's a scam you should be able to get your money back. Might be worth the risk..........
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline MistaBinks

• Youngling
  • Stand up to cancer.
    • View Profile
    • Y2Chaos
« Reply #721 on: January 7, 2015, 08:40 PM »
Seems too good to be true to me. Seller has no feedback in the last 12 months either. That being said, if it's a scam you should be able to get your money back. Might be worth the risk..........

Yikes and no feedback as a seller. I will update as I get more info. I paid with PayPal so I feel somewhat safe.

Offline MistaBinks

• Youngling
  • Stand up to cancer.
    • View Profile
    • Y2Chaos
« Reply #723 on: January 8, 2015, 01:27 AM »
The figure is not shipping from Sideshow until Feb/March. This listing has it delivered by mid man. I might as well get those dispute forms ready.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 8, 2015, 09:32 AM »
Yeah, that's the problem.  He's going to wait until Paypal's protection expires and then default on those purchases.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 8, 2015, 11:48 AM »
Doesn't eBay have a policy that if an item hasn't shipped within 30 days that you can ask for a refund?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 8, 2015, 02:46 PM »
Doesn't eBay have a policy that if an item hasn't shipped within 30 days that you can ask for a refund?

Maybe, but if that's the case he'll just mark it shipped at 29 days, then your protection will expire before it 'gets there.'

I don't know if Paypal has safeguards for this brand of scheme, but my guess is that's what this guy is planning at least.

Offline MistaBinks

• Youngling
  • Stand up to cancer.
    • View Profile
    • Y2Chaos
« Reply #727 on: January 9, 2015, 08:41 PM »
...AND the listing has been removed. Now to try and get my money back.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #728 on: January 9, 2015, 08:47 PM »
Have you had any contact with the person yet?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MistaBinks

• Youngling
  • Stand up to cancer.
    • View Profile
    • Y2Chaos
« Reply #729 on: January 9, 2015, 08:56 PM »
Have you had any contact with the person yet?

I sent him a message asking about the shipping dates. The listing claimed it would be delivered next week while Sideshow said they wouldn't even ship until Feb/March. I never heard back. I then checked the listing to see how many more he sold as he had 10 available. That is when I found "This listing (191475186980) has been removed, or this item is not available." I started the resolution process with Ebay. Argh. I should have known better, in fact I knew better, but still had to take a shot.

Offline MistaBinks

• Youngling
  • Stand up to cancer.
    • View Profile
    • Y2Chaos
« Reply #730 on: January 15, 2015, 05:23 PM »
eBay refunded my money. Well, it was worth the shot I guess.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #731 on: January 15, 2015, 05:29 PM »
Should be allowed to leave negative feedback for people in sutuatiobs like that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 1, 2015, 02:50 PM »
I am not asking this so I can do it. I'm dealing with an obnoxious seller right now who keeps taking his time to respond to questions and then finally will say/do something like he's moving to the next step in the process, but very slowly as if he hopes to drag it out so long the eBay protection policy expires. I was trying to think what he'd do next and this popped in my head.

Post pictures of something in your collection that is valuable on ebay for auction.
Winner takes it for $x00.00
Pay for and print shipping label.
Affix it to empty box and send it on it's way to winner.
He gets it. Lets eBay know the box was empty.
Do they believe him or does the seller keep the money because tracking number shows it delivered?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 1, 2015, 03:14 PM »
I don't know who Ebay would side with, but I would imagine you could note the weight of the box as evidence that nothing was in there.  If he sent something else of approximately the same weight, then you'd have to try something else.  I guess as a buyer you could stoop to the sellers level and take a picture of something else in the box, claiming that's what you got.  Its totally dishonest, but in that case I don't see how Ebay could side with the seller.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #734 on: February 17, 2015, 11:05 PM »
Here's a situation...  Not mine exactly but one that's come up recently.

A guy's selling 5 of the same figure, all in a picture together.  The description is simply, "You're bidding on the item in the picture".  The price is cheap and free shipping, but these aren't overly valuable things.  The auction says "5 available", by the way.

So you get the item...  Only one figure arrives, instead of the 5 in the picture...  Seems like a fishy thing to me.  Reportable?  Get your $ back?