Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 192284 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #225 on: August 9, 2005, 03:42 PM »
Is it possible to "feedback snipe" on eBay?  I desperately want to leave this ******* seller a negative for our recent transaction (he finally sent, but not without a ton of drama beforehand), but I know if I do, he's gonna give me a retaliatory negative, even though he has absolutely no legitimate reason to do so.

Do you have a month to leave feedback?  So I could wait up until the very last minute and then hit him with a negative, right as his chance to hit me with one would expire?  Is that possible?  Has anyone ever done something like that?

I just hate bogus retaliatory feedbacks on eBay.  I've never gotten one, but I've seen a lot of other people get jacked with them, and it's one of the big problems with their feedback system, since probably half the time people feel they should leave a negative they won't do it 'cause they're afraid of the retaliation.

I've got a flawless feedback rating right now, and I don't really want to jeopardize that on account of some ****head crooked eBay seller...

Thanks!

- M
« Last Edit: August 9, 2005, 03:43 PM by JediMAC »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 9, 2005, 03:57 PM »
All of my negative feedback that I have is retalitory. It really sucks. Now I wait till they give me feedback first.

Matt- You have one month from the end of the auction to give feedback. What I would do is wait to the last day and do it then.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 9, 2005, 04:07 PM »
You'll have to confirm this elsewhere, but I thought it was 90 days to leave feedback.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 9, 2005, 05:02 PM »
You'll have to confirm this elsewhere, but I thought it was 90 days to leave feedback.

That's the impression I had as well.  I have left sniped feedback but it's still a gamble.  You never know whent he other person is online checking their own feedback.  I'm also not sure if the feedback option expires 90 days precisely after the end of the auction or at midnight on the 90th day (EST/CST/PST?).  I left it for a guy that crammed a figure in a box that was too small.  His response to my complaint was that I should have told him to pack it carefully.  He listed it as MOMC ::)  Obviously one should never assume.  The guy's not on ebay anymore though, he had 3 feedback, one negative. 

I wish I would have given Andy negative feedback >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #229 on: August 9, 2005, 06:01 PM »
Alright, I got off my lazy ass and looked it up myself.  Here's the page on leaving feedback, and it says this:

From this page, you will be able to leave feedback for other members you've had a transaction with during the past 90 days...

If you need to leave feedback for a transaction that is more than 90 days old, you may do so using the "single transaction form" link located on the Leave Feedback page. Remember, eBay only commits to items being available for 90 days, so if it is greater than 90 days you may not be able to leave feedback.

I also found this link there, which was interesting, but not terribly surprising or helpful:

I received retaliatory negative feedback. Can it be removed?

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 9, 2005, 06:13 PM »
I have left sniped feedback
Ha, I thought of that feedback "sniping" gig, but I'm glad I found out there's no limit on when you can leave FB before I ever tried it.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #231 on: August 9, 2005, 07:27 PM »
Even if someone leaves you a retalitory negative feedback, you can reply to it.

Whenever I'm looking at a prospective seller's feedback, if I see negatives, I look them up to see what the deal is.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 10, 2005, 06:27 AM »

Thats what I get for posting tired. It is 90 days.  :-\
I remember my dream now.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 10, 2005, 02:12 PM »
Actually it can be more than 90 days. I just left a neutral feedback for an auction that ended back on Feb, 12th/05.

If you still have the item number or if they give you feedback, find the number in your feedback. There was no link to the auction were the number was listed in my feedback but when I did a search on the number, the auction page still showed up. I just copied and pasted the number in the search engine and there it was.

I proceeded to leave a feedback and it worked.  ;D

Try checking out some of your dead number links in your feedback and see how far back you can go, that one was just shy of  6 months.

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 10, 2005, 02:35 PM »
I recently sold this on ebay, now the buyer is complaining that the bubble is “very yellow”

WTF!!! >:(
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2005, 09:59 PM »
Dude....look at the Hair.....you can see how yellow it is!   ;)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2005, 12:56 AM »
Here's the link for leaving feedback after any amount of time (so long as the other party is still an active member; I wanted to leave a negative for some ******* who got kicked after not paying for a bunch of wins.).

LINK

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 14, 2005, 08:02 PM »
Even if someone leaves you a retalitory negative feedback, you can reply to it.

Whenever I'm looking at a prospective seller's feedback, if I see negatives, I look them up to see what the deal is.

I try and do that as well, but sometimes you run into someone that has 1000 feedbacks and you have to go through pages and pages just to find the negatives. I've written in to ebay and told them they should have a tab that lets you just look at the negative feedback, the way they have the "left for sellers" and "left for buyers" tabs. That would help (or hurt, depending on who you are) a hell of a lot.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 15, 2005, 01:01 AM »
Can someone please explain to me why people need to have their feedback listed as "private"? Why in the world would ebay allow people to do such a thing? If ebay claims that their entire website/business is based on trusting other people not to rip you off, why would you allow people to hide their feedback from buyers/sellers? It's obvious they've got some bad **** being said about themselves in there, otherwise they wouldn't hide it. Shouldn't ebay want the other members of the community to be aware of people like that, that are just going to take their money and not send them items, or that list items that are not what they seem?

I just don't get it.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 15, 2005, 01:05 AM »
Me neither, Dave.  Like you said, if someone decides to make their feedback private, something fishy is going on.  For me, it's a red flag not to touch anything they sell with a 10 ft pole.