Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 191884 times)

Jango Fettish

Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2003, 10:52 AM »
I didn't even mean offended by the word "bitch", Mike. I meant the part about Jango going out like said explicative.

Cuuuuuz..he didn't! Bad guys always get a raw deal.

Nope, bitch doesn't offend me. I've got quite a sailors tongue when I am around my own friends.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2003, 11:13 AM »

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2003, 06:28 PM »
Unfortunately, his clever marketing did not get him any bids.

Maybe he'll have to add some more flattering photos or something. Or a slammin' background midi file.
Got Clones?

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2003, 11:32 AM »
Unfortunately, his clever marketing did not get him any bids.

Maybe he'll have to add some more flattering photos or something. Or a slammin' background midi file.

Or maybe the seller could get out of the ghetto long enough to learn grammer, punctuation and perhaps just a little bit of respect!

Offended? You bet! I am offended that this person would think that this is appropriate behavoir for a PUBLIC forum!!! I am offended to be part of a society that endlessly pumps out millions of similar coma-patients on a daily basis. I doubt this can be attributed to Drugs and/or poor taste in music but rather poor parenting, plain and simple. My wife and I both work for a public school sytem and see this kind of behavior all too often. This kind of behavior almost exclusively comes from children from a single parent environment or from a family with a poverty level, or below, income. It's tragic really once you comprehend just how many people there are like this. :(  

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2003, 12:01 PM »
Seriously, this was pure poetry to my ears... I honestly believe that, with a few comas thrown into the mix, this loose Greedo would have sold, despite lack of demand, simply because of the description.

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 1, 2003, 10:00 PM »
I don't seem to recall a Darth Mal in the movies.  ;)
Darth Mal was only in the Spanish versions.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 3, 2003, 02:05 PM »
I've started selling alot of stuff on eBay recently.  What I was wondering is how long should you wait to receive a Money Order from overseas?  I have one order going to England and one to France.  It's been 2 weeks.  I sent an invoice reminder vie eBay the other day, but no responce from either buyer.  If they don't plan to pay, I want to leave negative feedback, and relist the items.  I don't want to do this, and receive payment shortly after.  What would y'all do?
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 3, 2003, 02:12 PM »
It depends on the method they mailed the payment. Air Mail can take up to 2 weeks & surface up to 6 to 8 weeks.
Though I have had faster results by Air. Best time was 5 days but that is up here in Canada.
Another thing to keep in mind is alot of people do not check there email daily.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #53 on: June 3, 2003, 02:27 PM »
That's one of the reasons why I only sell to people in the US or Canada.  Anything overseas is just a hassle.
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: June 3, 2003, 02:46 PM »
Just so I understand your situation correctly, are you in the U.S. David, and these payments are coming in from Europe?  If so, I'd probably give it a little more time if it's only been a couple weeks so far.  I've had numerous trading transactions on the boards (mostly domestic though), and sometimes it can take a couple weeks for things to work out just between other members right here in the States.  A couple items I've traded for from overseas folks (mostly in Asia) can definitely take a good 2-3 weeks to arrive sometimes.

I know we all like to get paid for our any of our online transactions ASAP of course, but sometimes things just come up, people head out of town, or folks get a little lazy, causing delays of varying lengths...  Of course a cutoff in correspondence may be an added concern in your situations here.  But when it comes to leaving feedback on eBay, I usually give it almost a month (with a few polite reminders/warnings near the end) before I think about hitting someone with a neg.  Especially if they're overseas.  So try to hang in there a little longer I suggest.

Good luck!

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #55 on: June 4, 2003, 01:10 PM »
I can tell you that my girlfriend won something on Ebay back in April, and she JUST got it last week.

Think of the person overseas as being an irresponsible U.S. bidder (someone who waits 2 weeks or more to pay you) and then add on 2 or 3 weeks for travel time. Then you have the maximum allowable threshold.

;D
Got Clones?

Offline ponda barfly

• Youngling
  • he doesnt like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 5, 2003, 04:22 PM »
finally got paypal working and have currently won 4 ebay auctions!

heres what ive wom and the prices ive payed

chewie dejarik champion five pounds(inc postage)
chewie red card four pounds
chewie 12" hard body six pounds
leia with sail barge gun three pounds

have i payed too much?

help before i buy everyhting!!!!
« Last Edit: June 5, 2003, 04:24 PM by ponda barfly »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 5, 2003, 04:29 PM »
Well, if a pound is approximately equal to $2 US, I'd say you're doing pretty well.  

Beware the dark side of paypal (especially if like me, it goes on your cc) ;)

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

obi_robz

« Reply #58 on: June 5, 2003, 04:31 PM »
At least you’re still winning, all I’ve won recently is a R2 insert for 8 pounds (the pound sign doesn’t work here – that’s discrimination, that is  ;)  ), and POTJ Obi-Wan Jedi @ 3.26GBP inc. postage.

You’ll just have to get a hold off yourself, pb  ;D ; perhaps it’s best if you don’t go to the site for a while :) .
« Last Edit: June 5, 2003, 04:32 PM by obi_robz »

Offline ponda barfly

• Youngling
  • he doesnt like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 5, 2003, 04:37 PM »
well i think ill just keep away from it for a while, anyway im working everyday for the next two weeks so at least ill have the money ;D
that leia i bid on a minute before it finished, do you think the prices were resonable rob?