Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 193845 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #255 on: April 23, 2006, 02:32 PM »
Check out this poor bastard that fell for this scumbag's trickery..

"Rare" Foul Moudama Variant

>:(

Holy ****.

Some people are just plain stupid.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 23, 2006, 05:09 PM »
Hahahaha... it's bad to say, but I have no pity for people who are stupid enough to fall for **** like that. The hard to find "Sega" variant? He doesn't have Sega on him anywhere...

I hate it when people put something in the title of their crappy auction just to get people to click on it... like this one:

STAR WARS COMMANDER CODY YODA #19 JEDI

It's just an auction for a crappy ROTS #19 Yoda... but this ******* has to put Commander Cody in the title so that when people search for commander cody, his auction pops up. Ebay should ban people for doing stupid **** like that.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #257 on: April 23, 2006, 05:12 PM »
I hate it when people put something in the title of their crappy auction just to get people to click on it... like this one:

It's just an auction for a crappy ROTS #19 Yoda... but this ******* has to put Commander Cody in the title so that when people search for commander cody, his auction pops up. Ebay should ban people for doing stupid **** like that.

I just sent him an e-mail and called him on it. Depending on what he says I'll report it to ebay and hopefully they do something about it.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #258 on: April 23, 2006, 05:19 PM »
Hahahaha... it's bad to say, but I have no pity for people who are stupid enough to fall for **** like that. The hard to find "Sega" variant? He doesn't have Sega on him anywhere...

He might have meant "Saga", but that's no excuse. But by typing "Sega" is another indicator that it's just an f'ing scalper, too busy hoarding Hot Wheels Treasure Hunts in his ******* to know any better.  ::)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 23, 2006, 07:02 PM »

Nice, 30 cents more to ship the figure than what it costs at Walmarts across america.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #260 on: April 23, 2006, 07:41 PM »
ITs the Saga Yoda not Rots (I kow its a repack) I found like 20 of him at my local stores no one wants him, Hard to find huh ::).

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #261 on: April 23, 2006, 08:35 PM »
He came out and admitted it, so I reported him.

its only listed this way for marketing purposes, so more people see it, often when an item is hot, it helps to list other items with a specific name in the title,

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 23, 2006, 08:36 PM »

Man, I know I'm gonna kick myself for not bidding on it, its so hard to come by these days...

::) ::) ::)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 23, 2006, 08:39 PM »
Check out this poor bastard that fell for this scumbag's trickery..

"Rare" Foul Moudama Variant

>:(

Unfortunately that ******* lives out here by me. He always makes trouble every morning at store openings.
I remember my dream now.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 23, 2006, 09:44 PM »
A fool and his money...  :-X  :D

"What I bought on Ebay"

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 23, 2006, 11:05 PM »
He came out and admitted it, so I reported him.

its only listed this way for marketing purposes, so more people see it, often when an item is hot, it helps to list other items with a specific name in the title,

Good one Chris, I was going to do just that... but then I had to go out and forgot about it. Maybe I should report him too...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 26, 2006, 10:09 AM »
Know what the biggest problem right now with ebay is? And I guess I shouldn't even say "right now" because it's been going on since forever...

But it's people who overcharge for shipping to make up for selling an item at a "decent" price. I won an auction a week or so back, and the guy charged me $12 to ship 2 figures. $12!! From Virginia to New Jersey, priority mail... $12. The package arrived with a stamp from the P.O. that had $4.20 on it. Man, did he get a nasty email. I knew that it was too much for shipping, but I didn't know how much.

I sent a package to Washington - probably about as far away from NJ you can get within the Continental US - with two Simpsons THOH playsets in it - and those are pretty heavy - and it cost me $15.

Now last nite, I won a few auctions from the same seller. Yeah, I overpaid for a few hard to find figures, and a few UGH figures... but I thought the price was pretty fair considering that I can't find any of these in stores and no one apparently has any extras they are willing to sell at cost. So I end up with a total of 12 figures from this one seller. He contacts me this morning with a total price, and the shipping cost is $23. I wrote him an email and asked him if he was serious. $23!! From Ohio to NJ, there's no way I'm paying $23 for shipping.

The part that sucks about that is he's probably not going to change his pricing, so he's now going to leave me negative feedback stating that I'm a non-paying bidder. And that's ****** up.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2006, 05:54 PM »
Yeah, that's the thing about winning multiple auctions.  95% of sellers will combine shipping for you, but you really never know how "cool" they're going to be about it.

Today I shipped some stuff out that costs $44 vs. the $40 quote I charged the buyer.  I guess I'd rather have the reputation as a generous seller than a shady ******* that makes money off the shipping only.

Oh yeah, I threw in a free figure too!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 28, 2006, 06:34 PM »
Today I shipped some stuff out that costs $44 vs. the $40 quote I charged the buyer.  I guess I'd rather have the reputation as a generous seller than a shady ******* that makes money off the shipping only.

Yeah, I can't tell you how many times I've ripped myself off by not charging enough shipping. I've actually started "overcharging" and refunding the difference by mail, it's just easier on my wallet that way.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 3, 2006, 10:25 PM »
This guy can't decide if he selling a George Lucas Spice (Sage) or a video game system (Sega)

Funny
I remember my dream now.