Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 191852 times)

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #435 on: March 16, 2009, 04:19 PM »
He did it again... took more than $1,800.00 & flew away...account shows as: no longer registered  ::)

Make sure to not bid on strange lots with 0 seller feedbacks, but anything can happen feedback or not.

I wonder how many times this guy has been in jail.... I knew it, was the same scum.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 05:03 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 16, 2009, 04:59 PM »
Not surprised. Hang onto those photos and and the screen shot of the seller you have. He's done it before, he will do it again. There has got to be someway to get this person's information to flag him on here and other websites for what he is doing.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 16, 2009, 05:38 PM »
Not surprised. Hang onto those photos and and the screen shot of the seller you have. He's done it before, he will do it again. There has got to be someway to get this person's information to flag him on here and other websites for what he is doing.

Sure I will keep them.

I just hope that Ebay has taked my advise seriously when I did emailed them, & the buyers had  sufered not loss, he just got once, but I got my money back ... Sure he will do it again.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 05:53 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 17, 2009, 07:34 PM »
So what's the deal with this new thing where they require you to post a handling time?  I have to promise I'll ship within x number of days now or what?

My general policy is that if someone pays the day of the auction, I'll have it shipped the next day, but if they take their sweet ass time and wait 5 days to send payment, I'm in no hurry to get to the post office.

So what happens if I say I'll ship within one day and then I don't?  Anything?  I don't want to say that I'll ship within 3 or 5 or whatever because then some people might be turned off by that.

Offline starwarsgeek

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • StarWarsGeek.net
« Reply #439 on: June 17, 2009, 08:16 PM »
Rob, I've learned (the hard way, unfortunately) that it really doesn't matter what you say, or what you do. There is just no pleasing some people. And some people will just flat out lie.

I usually ship items the same day people pay if they pay me before around 2pm or the very next day at the latest, since I have no job or anything... and yet, I still can't seem to get above a 4.7 - 4.8 on my DSR scores.

Not to mention that I had a buyer who bought a Galactic Heroes figure from me for like $2, paid, I shipped it next day, she got it in 3 days from the end of the auction. On day 7 after the auction, she leaves me a negative feedback, says it took me 8 days to ship (even though it had only been 7 days since the auction ended) and that my communication was extremely poor.

So basically, ebay sucks. But what can you do?

Offline A.J.

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 17, 2009, 09:21 PM »
Eh I bought Resident Evil 5 3 days ago on ebay and the seller still hasn't contacted me. I get so annoyed when sellers don't communicate.  >:(

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 17, 2009, 09:44 PM »
Since they broke the feedback system further by breaking out feedback into categories and then cutting down sellers based on low scores in those categories, shipping time being the biggest, this is probably an attempt to fix it.

By saying you'll ship in X number of days, it's sets a better expectation for the buyer and helps with better feedback.  Or, that's probably what eBay thinks.

But it's really just going to be another gotcha for sellers and a way buyers can blackmail and defraud, now with more proof.  If you say you'll ship in 3 days and then not ship till the 4th day, the buyer now has more ammo to ding you on feedback or in disputes on chargebacks.

IMO, nothing eBay can do at this point will fix the huge damage they caused last year.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline starwarsgeek

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • StarWarsGeek.net
« Reply #442 on: June 17, 2009, 11:58 PM »
IMO, nothing eBay can do at this point will fix the huge damage they caused last year.

And continue to cause... I agree.

Although I have to say, it's not always eBay's fault... there are plenty of stupid people out there.

I had a buyer complain to me that they paid for "Priority Mail" and I shipped it "Priority Flat Rate"  ::)

I had a buyer complain that I packed a box with newspaper, because his hands got dirty from the ink rubbing off  ::)  ::)

I had a buyer complain that I shipped his package to him too quickly because he went on vacation and wasn't expecting me to ship it so soon, so it would arrive after he came back home. So he was mad that it sat on his doorstep for 3 days while he was away...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 18, 2009, 12:04 AM »
I think the system still favors the seller, not the buyer.  I won an auction about a month ago for what I thought was a really amazing BIN price.  I asked the seller if I could wait to pay a few days because I was interested in some more of his stuff and he said that was fine.  I didn't win anything else, so I paid him after a week.  He refused payment, saying he had already relisted the item and had a new buyer for more money. There was no communication about it to me and nothing in the auction or prior communication saying when payment had to be made. 

I contacted Ebay to complain and sent him several emails asking him to honor our previous agreement, but Ebay sided with him in the end - probably because they get a bigger fee off the bigger sale price.  ******* ridiculous.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 18, 2009, 12:13 AM »
Eh I bought Resident Evil 5 3 days ago on ebay and the seller still hasn't contacted me. I get so annoyed when sellers don't communicate.  >:(

Did you pay for it?

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 18, 2009, 03:23 PM »
You can't even leave negative feedback as a seller any more. Ebay is becoming so unfriendly to work with, but they have systmatically gotten rid of all competition that they have become a monopoly and it sucks to work with them.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 10, 2009, 09:43 AM »
Here's something of interest for those of you that sell on the bay, I saw this post at RS & credit goes to Chris G. for the post & Ron S. for finding this posted on a blog.  :)

Note: This is showing up on the US eBay site & nothing for other countries thus far but keep an eye out.

Warning: eBay will be using photos without creators' permission.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #447 on: August 10, 2009, 10:09 AM »
Wow, this is ******* stupid. As someone who has at times hundreds of photos on ebay being used by sellers, this news is quite frustrating.  I doubt those that already pilfer images off certain sites to sell their goods will be opting out of this "program" and eBay will soon be crediting them for someone else photography. Nice. ::)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 10, 2009, 11:34 AM »
Opt out and it's now time to watermark every photo you post, and watermark it in a way that you can't edit it out with a simple crop of the photo.

Opting the sellers in by default, IMO, is blantant stealing of copywrited photos through trickery.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 10, 2009, 02:24 PM »
Forget the copyright stuff, why would eBay want sellers using photos that aren't of the items in the auction?  To encourage more people to sell easily? 

I always take my own photos, and I always go out of my way to point out to people that the items in the photos are the actual items up for grabs.  I hate buying something and then finding out that it was stock photography.