Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 191833 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #555 on: August 25, 2013, 09:42 PM »
I rarely have sold on Ebay and this thread's every reason I won't...  They're far too biased towards buyers now, for me to ever consider selling something at this point.  I hope this works out and they're sane enough to take the correspondence into account Rob.  That's proof, but rational behavior seems out of the realm of the Ebay experience.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 27, 2013, 11:03 PM »
I suppose I'm supposed to be scared, but I can't help but finding this hilarious:

"YOU RECEIVED THE RETURNED ITEM. YOU HAVE TO RETURN MY MONEY. THAT IS NOT YOURS AND YOU DID NOT WORK FOR IT. HAVE FEAR ON YOURSELF."

And since eBay will be reading all this crap after I escalate it on Thursday:

"Again, the auction clearly stated "no returns or exchanges" and despite being told this you just refused my offer of a compromise and sent the item back in the mail anyway. When the option becomes available on Thursday I will escalate the case to eBay and they will decide what will happen next. I am not sure what you mean by "HAVE FEAR ON YOURSELF" but I do not appreciate being yelled at or threatened."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:03 PM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #557 on: August 27, 2013, 11:20 PM »
I have fear on myself every time I eat taco bell.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 28, 2013, 10:01 AM »
Rob, as ridiculous as it was, I would report "HAVE FEAR ON YOURSELF" to ebay as a threat. Hopefully that would just cause them to ban the guy, and save you the hassle of the case.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 28, 2013, 11:42 AM »
YOU ARE ON THE WAY TO DESTRUCTION. YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:33 PM by Scockery »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 28, 2013, 12:37 PM »
Too funny. I assume the guy actually resides here in the USA? Scary.

I used to work in a mailorder CD distro, and we got a lot of that schtick. "YOU WILL NOT SLEEP WELL TONIGHT!" was one of my favorites. As if. 
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 28, 2013, 05:58 PM »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 28, 2013, 08:42 PM »
I sent to you your shoe and now you will tremble.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 28, 2013, 10:28 PM »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 29, 2013, 10:57 AM »
Escalated this morning.  Fortunately / unfortunately this means I can no longer communicate with the buyer.  So, no more fun, but probably less than 48 hours from them ruling in her favor and the whole thing going away.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #565 on: August 29, 2013, 11:43 AM »
I can't believe they have not decided in your favor yet. Just seems ridiculous at this point.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 29, 2013, 12:41 PM »
No one's even looked at it yet.  You have to wait four days before you can escalate it up to their customer service.  And as much as I hate to say it, I'm 99% sure that Bill's right and they'll side with her.  From everything I've read, buyers up and down have learned that they can abuse the claim system when they **** up or get buyer's remorse.  Most likely they'll send her her money and that'll be the end of it... I'll appeal, but nothing will happen, and then she'll leave me negative feedback.  At least she really did return the item, sometimes people say they are doing that but damage them first or send other things in the box.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:07 PM by Rob »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #567 on: August 29, 2013, 06:16 PM »
Yeah, its true though. I sold a few extra MOTUC figures before moving and for one of them the guy just stated he changes his mind and wasnt going to pay. They just ended up removing the transaction because the buy changed his mind.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 30, 2013, 01:39 PM »
Aright, so here's the resolution.

Within about 5 hours, they'd ruled in the buyer's favor.  Then this morning she left me negative feedback.

They took $80 from me and sent it back to her with this note:

"Unfortunately, it looks like the refund you agreed to issue was never sent to your buyer. We've issued it and now need you to reimburse us."

So this morning I called their customer support to appeal and discuss, because the reason for finding in the buyer's favor didn't seem to match up with ANY of the details from the case.  I explained to the nice woman that the listing was clear, I had asked her not to return the shoe, that it was an obvious case of buyer's remorse, that she'd lied when she said the item wasn't as described, and that she'd been belligerent in her contact with me.

I explained that I had listed no returns, no exchanges and questioned what that policy was in place for if any buyer could just drop the item in the mail against my request and then demand a refund on false pretenses, and that I was concerned that whoever ruled the first time didn't really understand the details of what had happened.

So she put me back on hold, and 5 minutes later reversed everything.

They're refunding me, they're refunding my eBay fees for that listing, they're reversing the decision so I don't have a strike on my account, and they're going to remove the negative feedback.

So, I suppose I win for now even if it was a pain in the ass.

EDIT:  Got off the phone 10 minutes ago and already have the refund, and the negative feedback is already gone.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:41 PM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #569 on: August 30, 2013, 04:34 PM »
Pain in the ass?  Yes.

Worth the effort you put in to **** over that smarmy bitch?  Yes.

It's a win for you as it should be, though one you had to work to get.  Clearly some rubber stamp process is in place there though...  Don't even remotely check details.  Lame.  eBay still sucks a big fat nut.