Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 31830 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #555 on: August 30, 2013, 11:07 PM »
I can't believe it initially went in the buyers favor though. Pretty messed up.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 30, 2013, 11:36 PM »
If they ban the woman, she'll be back.

Months ago, I had a guy bid on DVD's, never pay and I had to wait for the case to resolve.

I relisted the DVD's, same guy under a new name did the same thing again. He did it to a lot of people. Just messed up in the head.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #557 on: August 30, 2013, 11:56 PM »
Fear...  Fear will keep the local sellers of one shoe in line...  Fear of ones self.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 31, 2013, 08:28 AM »
Good for you Rob, but what a pain. The default cookie cutter "outcome" seems to be the buyer is always right, unless the seller will spend enough time on it to prove it, no matter how ludicrous and clear the events were.

Even then, I think you were fortunate to end up with someone in CS that listened.

Well done on your part, because even a tiny jab back at the buyer at any point, or a hot head on the phone, and it could have gone the other way.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 31, 2013, 11:10 AM »
I just went to "like" Jesse's post and realized I wasn't on fb.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 7, 2013, 12:11 AM »
I got scammed on an autograph.  Should have had my BS detectors up a bit more, but it seemed pretty legit.  It was on an authentic All Star Baseball, so the forger put some money into the item.  Now to see what happens with the communication.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 7, 2013, 08:30 AM »
I got scammed on an autograph.  Should have had my BS detectors up a bit more, but it seemed pretty legit.  It was on an authentic All Star Baseball, so the forger put some money into the item.  Now to see what happens with the communication.

That stinks.  Did it arrive and you realized it was fake?  How could you tell?  I've always been skeptical of autograph stuff.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 7, 2013, 03:40 PM »
Yeah, the picture wasn't clear enough to tell.  I compared to known authentic ones and there are a couple of things off.  Then I logged on to an autograph collector site and discovered that the "authenticator" is an exposed forger. 

Online Dave

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 9, 2013, 01:52 PM »
I don't know if its me, but it seems like eBay buyers are getting a lot more flaky.

I don't remember having more than a couple of issues in the first 10 years of eBay.  Those I just chalked up to a$$holes.

I just listed about 70 SW MicroMachines the other day and about 2/3 of the completed auctions completed without a hitch, but 12 days later I'm still waiting for payment on 1/3 of the stuff.

I also have had a bunch of problems recently with people complaining about the condition of items I've sold.  It's gotten so bad that I don't even describe the condition as anything other than "new".  "Minor shelf wear" apparently mean "mint, without a single solitary mark" to some buyers.

And similar to Rob's issue, it seems like a lot of the eBay buyers thinks everyone is a retail store that they can just send stuff back to and expect free shipping.

I miss the days when it was just people sell stuff out of their basement and people were generally nice about it.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #564 on: September 9, 2013, 04:41 PM »
12 days later?  I file non-paying bidder forms after 4 unless I get a really good excuse in the mail.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #565 on: January 17, 2014, 12:15 PM »
Latest eBay drama...

Okay... so I sold a bunch of army builders last month.  I don't sell to other countries, but this guy in Denmark asks really nicely to buy 3 AT-AT drivers so I say okay.

I charge him $10 to ship and the actual cost was $9.45.  He asks me what I spent and I tell him, and he has the nerve to ask for a $0.55 refund.  Never mind that it's shipping AND handling... that eBay now takes fees out of your shipping charges... I don't want an upset customer over $0.55, so I send him the money.

Fast forward a week or so and he gets the package and is very upset that there aren't action figure stands with the figures.  He correctly points out that I listed them as complete with all their accessories.  I of course meant helmets, weapons, backpacks, etc... and forgot all about the fact that they ever had stands.

Being as shipping them back to me would be cost prohibitive, I offer him a $5 refund to compensate (he only spent $4.99 per figure).  He replies that this isn't good enough, and that tracking down stands will be difficult, and that last time he did this they cost him $2.50 each.  Never mind how outrageous that all is, I cough up the $7.50 because an extra $2.50 isn't worth negative feedback to me.

Fast forward again and he's left me positive feedback (yay).  I decline to leave him feedback.

He emails me and asks me to leave him positive feedback.  I ignore his email.

Now today, two weeks later, he emails me again asking me to leave him positive feedback.

So, my question... can he revise the feedback he already left me and turn it negative if he gets mad at me for not leaving him positive feedback?

What I WANT to do, is send him an email detailing exactly why I consider him to be a pain in the ass and won't be leaving him positive feedback or making exceptions for international buyers in the future, but don't want to do this if he can change his feedback retroactively.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 17, 2014, 01:10 PM »
So, my question... can he revise the feedback he already left me and turn it negative if he gets mad at me for not leaving him positive feedback?

Nope, he can't revise it unless you submit a Feedback revision request.  Can Feedback be changed or removed?

eBay members need to understand that sellers /buyers do not have the right to influence your feedback or demand positive as a condition for refunds.

I have not received feedback for sellers that I posted a positive for. Don't see my crying the blues, that's the way they wan't to play... **** em!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 17, 2014, 04:28 PM »
What a hassle.  I would just continue to ignore him.  You can certainly leave him nuetral feedback as well detailing your experience.  Not the nicest thing for him, but a good warning to others.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Online Dave

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 17, 2014, 05:04 PM »
I would just ignore him too.  I've left neutral feedback for crappy buyers only to receive a flurry of angry responses.

Its just one of the fun parts of eBay  ::)

Online Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 17, 2014, 05:07 PM »
Agreed.  It's the eBay version of dealing with a troll.  Don't leave feedback, and in time he'll go away.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback