Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 31867 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #615 on: March 8, 2014, 02:35 PM »
I spoke to the mail man, the post office, the main office. It was pretty much just a waste of time. Hit up your neighbor and if not just wait it out. Sorry  :-\
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
  • I am now using steroids to enhance my posts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 8, 2014, 09:16 PM »
Lady at the post office says the carrier on that day said "he did not leave a package at my house, but remembers leaving one at a similar address number possibly with the numbers jumbled". So "it probably will show up". It didn't today. So I will let next week go by and if it doesn't I will probably call again and ask if they can do anything. Doubt they will even with him saying he didn't leave it for me. Not sure it should take more than a couple days if the wrong person put it back out for the mail man to grab, but I am impatient sometimes so hopefully it will come.
"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about, how many people can make you feel rare?"

Online Dave

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 9, 2014, 02:57 PM »
I guess I just don't sell as much on Ebay these days.  I remember when it was a few cents to list, then relatively low percentage basis on the final sale.

Now its free to list your items!  Unfortunately now they hit you when the sale completes.

I agree that ebay has become a lot harder for the casual seller.  I used to feel okay about buying cases of figures to get what I wanted and then ebay the rest.  These days its no where near the trouble to do that because of all the fees, the hassle, etc.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 9, 2014, 11:25 PM »
Package at the door when I came home today. All's well that ends well.
"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about, how many people can make you feel rare?"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 10, 2014, 12:20 AM »
Like.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #620 on: March 10, 2014, 08:10 PM »
Glad that worked out...  GENERALLY people are honest I think, and they return a box that isn't theirs...  It's so easy to transpose numbers but it's slightly less excusable on packages since, and that's even more so true right now since deliveries are slow for the USPS after Valentine's, but crap happens.

I had my carrier trying to get me to get my brother's wife, who lives out the road from me with her mother right now, to return a package she delivered to them on accident...  Apparently calling her wasn't getting her to return it to the local PO or even leave it out for her to pick up.

I guess that means it's somehow up to me to track down my brother's soon-to-be-ex for her to get the package back to deliver it to the right person.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 11, 2014, 01:00 AM »
Isn't opening someone's mail a federal offense?
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #622 on: March 11, 2014, 01:40 AM »
Yes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 11, 2014, 01:43 AM »
Isn't opening someone's mail a federal offense?

Big time!

Is It Illegal to Open Someone Else's Mail? 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 15, 2014, 11:16 AM »
Anyone else get an email about the new changes going into effect today for sellers?

Upshot for me is no more free BIN listings for toys. That SUCKS, 90% of my sales are through BIN auctions. eBay was pushing these types of auctions for awhile and now they're pushing for auction style listings. I don't see why they can't stop jerking sellers around. Without us, they have no business.
Slice you open like a tauntaun, faster than the Autobahn,
Or a motorbike in Tron, do the deed and then I'm gone.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #625 on: May 15, 2014, 11:38 AM »
No BIN for toys?!  Forget selling, that's often how I SHOP.  You can find really great deals by searching new BIN listings.

**** eBay.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 15, 2014, 11:49 AM »
I think what he's saying is there is a fee on any toy you list BIN style. Not no BIN for toys.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #627 on: May 15, 2014, 12:25 PM »
Ooops... yeah, I missed the word free in his post.  Well, that's not to terrible.  It's a fee, but that's how it used to be...

Online Dave

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 15, 2014, 02:12 PM »
I read through the details last week when I got the email and found it confusing.

I think we actually get a handful of free BIN listings per month in select categories that include toys (50?).  Other categories seem to have less restrictive free BIN listings. 

There are also a number of free auction style listings provided (150?), but I don't think this was restricted by category.

Although this might all depend on your sales volumes, or ratings or something.

The way I basically read these changes and other changes they've made over the past several years is that they're focusing their offering around "eBay marketplace" vendors, where you need to have a certain sales volume or pay a monthly/yearly fee.  Basically the days of random people like us selling stuff on eBay being a big part of their business have gone.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 16, 2014, 07:42 AM »
So Ebay may or may not charge miscellaneous fees for random aspects of your listing on top of high percentages, a. Share of your shipping ask, and double taxation via forced Paypal payments.  That sounds about right for them.  Can't wait to sell a $20 figure and get $3.75 back after Ebay jerking around.