Author Topic: Will there be 12" figures for Episode 3?  (Read 25202 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Will there be 12" figures for Episode 3?
« Reply #45 on: April 8, 2005, 10:53 AM »
I kept this Ultimate Vader in the package.  I knew it would be better looking that way than try to mess with actually putting all the armor on him and off.  Allthough I do like the scarred head quite a bit.  To bad it did not come with some burnt robes and more detacheable limbs. 

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 8, 2005, 03:24 PM »
Well, this story has a happy ending.  I called the local K-Mart this morning to make sure it would be okay for me to return the Vader to them (considering this wasn't the K-Mart that I bought the doll from in the first place) and they assured me it would be.  I just returned from, well, returning the doll and it went very smoothly.  The woman at customer service was extremely nice and understanding and helpful; I could not have asked for a smoother return experience, and as such, I will be giving this K-Mart more of my business in the future.  At least its employees are generally nice, which is more than I can say for Wal-Mart.

And while I was typing this post, I received an email from Hasbro regarding the email I sent them last night.  It was as follows:

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your taking the time to share your opinion with us.

Consumer satisfaction is very important to us. We will share your comments with our management team so that they are also aware of your views.

Since our ultimate goal is to bring happiness to the consumers who use our products, and certainly not disappointment, under separate cover we will be sending you a coupon for you to use when you purchase your next Hasbro product.

We want to assure you that we are dedicated to maintaining quality products and service. We hope you and your family will enjoy our products for many years to come.

Although a coupon isn't necessary or warranted (IMO), I do hope that my comments sent to them regarding the doll will lead them to use one of the newer style bodies (with a note saying that it is "IMPROVED" or something on the package) in future Anakin/Vader dolls.  I'm not advocating a total recall (DAMN YOU KUATO!), but at the same time, for such a visible and important piece of ROTS merchandise to be of such low quality is disheartening.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 8, 2005, 03:49 PM »
Standard issue reply, but at least you got one.

Yes, that ultimate 12" Vader/Anakin looks cool, but I knew it would be trouble and that is why I did not buy one.

I learned my lesson with the Deluxe version - does anyone else have this POS? 

It falls in line with the 12" version from the sound of it...nothing fits and you have to have the strength of twelve men to fit the Vader head on...

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2005, 07:21 PM »
Anyone opened the 12" Grievous yet?  I just broke down and opened it and need an easy way to keep the sabers in his hands.  Any tips?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2005, 07:25 PM »
Use the little rubberbands that came with him.  That, or drill holes in his hands (as someone else did) and pop that little belt button hole right into the hole in his hand.

Beth

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2005, 07:36 PM »
Use the little rubberbands that came with him.  That, or drill holes in his hands (as someone else did) and pop that little belt button hole right into the hole in his hand.

I thought of the rubber bands, but I can't quite get the big ones tight enough to keep his sabers in place.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2005, 04:04 PM »
Just a quick update to the Anakin/Vader debacle I posted about earlier in this thread: according to my mother, I received a letter from Hasbro with a coupon for THREE DOLLARS OFF any Hasbro toy.  Of course, I immediately thought that it would probably say "Expires June 13, 1997" or something along those lines, but I'll know for sure once I see it myself.

I am still fully expecting to find some weird restriction that says "Only valid on purchases made in the state of Nebraska on the Tuesday following the Fourth of July weekend at Ted's Gas and Gulp off of Route 66" or some other similar hoop to jump through.   ::)

As for Grievous (to get this back on track), I can't get a lightsaber to stay in his hands either with or without the rubber bands, and I have been trying.  Hasbro's cheap ass plastic strikes again.  Between the Grievous rubber hands that can't hold his weapons and the Anakin/Vader nonbendy feet, I'm thinking that Hasbro Direct is employing those monkey puppets that StarWarsShop.com had during the initial fiasco at their site these days.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2005, 08:20 AM »
I don't get my Grievous until X-Mas.  Struck a deal with my parents to buy it for me as a "gift".  Anyway, that sucks about the poor General.  It's always nice when the figures can not hold their own weapons.

I got a question.  I was wondering if I was dreaming or what?  Where they going to release a 12 inch Aayla Secura?  I could have sworn that was announced at one time. 

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2005, 04:25 PM »
I'm just wondering if anyone has seen the two Jeid female dolls yet?  I saw them at C3 in dealer booths for $40.00 each but I am too cheap for that.

Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2005, 04:33 PM »
I saw 2 Shaak Ti's and 1 Barriss Offee at my TRU yesterday. $29.99 plus tax so $32.08 or $25.63 US each.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2005, 06:01 PM »
thanks.  I'll have to make a few phone calls to my sisters and get them in on the hunt  ;).
Beth

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 5, 2005, 12:05 PM »
I'm just wondering if anyone has seen the two Jeid female dolls yet?  I saw them at C3 in dealer booths for $40.00 each but I am too cheap for that.

Picked up both Shaak Ti and Barris Offee at WalMart on Wednesday morning. They were around $19 each plus tax.

I was shocked to find them there - the store where I found them hasn't really gotten anything new since 4/2 (no figures #33 - #40, no deluxe wave 2, etc...).

Another alternative jadesfire would be to pick them up from the Hasbro Toy Shop website - they are $19.99 each on there.

Any truth to the rumors that these two female Jedi are the LAST of the ROTS 12" offerings? I recall reading in the reports from C3 that they don't have any plans to make any more and the entire future of the 12" line is uncertain.

I could definitely use a break from collecting the 12" figures and would welcome them killing the line - especially since the quality has always varied from mediocre to poor.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 5, 2005, 06:47 PM »

Another alternative jadesfire would be to pick them up from the Hasbro Toy Shop website - they are $19.99 each on there.

I did just that the day they opened the Star Wars virtual doors :)
Now I just have to wait 12-14 days to see if I actually GET it  :-\.
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2005, 11:18 PM »
I ordered them from the Hasblo website, and sometime in the 10 days it took those morons to process my order, they became "Unavailable"

I picked them up today at TRU and I am very impressed.  The clothing is well done and both figures are very detailed!

One odd thing is that they have no feet inside their boots!  :o
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 05:18 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2005, 01:19 PM »
Forgot to post I got mine (sorry to read about your screw job Matt_Fury, glad you found 'em at TRU).  Links below to pictures in my 12" doll section:

Barriss and Shaak Ti
Beth