Author Topic: adult swim  (Read 7235 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
adult swim
« on: August 28, 2004, 09:57 PM »
anybody else out there addicted to cartoon network's adult swim? i love every show they have on right now, especially aqua teen hunger force, sealab 2021, harvey birdman, and of course family guy. the newest show - the venture brothers - kicks some serious ass too. very funny stuff. makes me stay up too late at night, but it's usually worth it.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: adult swim
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 10:07 PM »
Family Guy is the only show of theirs that interests me, but I'm sure I would enjoy the other shows if I watched them.

BTW, do they still show Mission Hill? I remember watching a few episodes of that 2 years ago...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 10:12 PM »
i don't see it in the current rotation. but they are always changing the lineup, so you never know if/when it'll be back.

Revenge

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 12:18 AM »

Need I say more?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 12:22 AM »

Need I say more?

what's that supposed to mean?

SilverZ

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 01:13 AM »
I Tivo ATHF, Sealab, Harvey Birdman, and now Venture Bros. Love them all. H. Birdman, though, is becoming my favorite.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 01:29 AM »
H. Birdman, though, is becoming my favorite.

above athf? unpossible.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2004, 01:54 AM »
Adult Swim is the bomb yo! :)

I've been watching it since it's inception back when no one seemingly knew about ATHF and Sealab. Then suddenly everyone was talking about it and I was like whoa I thought I was the only one who liked these shows. Guess I'm not so weird after all :P

I'm a fan of all the Adult Swim shows except for Home Movies (it's just not funny at all) and Venture Bros (just haven't liked what I've seen yet) with ATHF being the fave of the original programming.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Revenge

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 02:58 AM »

Need I say more?

what's that supposed to mean?

It means I love Family Guy, therefor I love Adult Swim! That has got to be the funniest moments in Family Guy history.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2004, 11:51 PM »
great star wars reference in tonight's sealab episode "craptacular voyage" - several members of the crew of the sealab are inside one of the other members (like in the movie "fantastic voyage"), battling white blood cells. one guy is in a small turret, while white blood cells are swarming towards him... he shoots and destroys one, and yells "i got one! i got one!!" - and then they cut to an animated han solo looking down the hall yelling, "great kid! don't get cocky!!"

ya gotta love adult swim...

SilverZ

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2004, 04:28 AM »
H. Birdman, though, is becoming my favorite.

above athf? unpossible.

I must go against the grain, my friend. Do not fire your neurons needlessly attempting to fathom my logic. It is not meant to be understood.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2004, 09:19 AM »
I enjoy watching Adult Swim as well, although I'm not real familiar with all of the shows.  Family Guy, Futurama we watch regularly, I think we've seen every episode a few times now, but they don't really get old.  I've seen Harvey Birdman and Aqua Teen a handful of times, and both seemed pretty funny.  I don't think I've ever watched Sealab though.  I've heard that Venture Bros. is pretty funny, but haven't watched it yet either.  We've also seen Home Movies quite a few times, thought it was pretty funny too.

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2004, 12:04 PM »
I must say I love adult swim as well, I try to watch when I am able to. Best shows on there have got to be athf, and sealab 2021.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2004, 12:09 PM »
ATHF was hillarious last night. I can't get enough of Meatwad.

Master Shake-Whatcha doin'?

Meatwad: Paintin' you with honey.

Master Shake: I guess that could be cool. Hey, whats that?

Meatwad: My package.

Master Shake: Is that my package? Whadda ya mean your package?!

Meatwad: I'm old enough to get a package.

Master Shake: Whats in your package then?

Meatwad: Bees! Ahahaha! *runs off as Shake is swarmed*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2004, 12:58 PM »
ATHF is one of the best shows on television...seriously. I have both dvd volumes, and I still can't get enough of it. Harvey Birdman and Sealab are both great too, and I own all the Family Guy episodes on dvd. Personally, I think Cartoon Network could scrap all its other programming (with the exception of the Clone Wars) and just run adult swim-esque shows. I mean, who really likes Ed, Edd, and Eddy anyways?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram