Author Topic: Kevin Smith working on "Clerks" sequel  (Read 6413 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Smith working on "Clerks" sequel
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2006, 03:02 PM »
In regards to these walk-outs, why would you see a movie that you know nothing about? 

I hate Meryl Streep so I would never pay good money to see Prada....

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2006, 03:05 PM »
In regards to these walk-outs, why would you see a movie that you know nothing about? 

That's exactly what I said.  Like I said to my wife as we were walking out, "Clerks 2" doesn't really seem like the type of movie a couple of old ladies would "take a chance on".  What were they expecting from an R-rated comedy, let alone one from Kevin Smith?

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2006, 03:52 AM »
That for me , was one of the funniest things ever, pure mindless entertainment that had something in it for all the fanboys, "face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot" was great and Randal vs Elias was great, gobots and lord of the rings had me laughing so hard. Space is made on the dvd shelf !!!
Oh and Rosario Dawson is so hot !!
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 11:03 PM »
I saw it and laughed my ass off. Being a fan of the "Askeiwniverse" didn't hurt either.
I went with some girl who hadn't seen any of the previous flicks, and she almost died of embarasment. It was fantastic.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2006, 08:29 AM »
Long reply short, I loved it.  Best film I've seen this year.  Totally deserves academy nods but has a snowball's chance in hell of getting any.  This film totally spoke to me.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2006, 09:34 AM »
Saw it last night.  It was lewd, crude and disgusting and I absolutely loved every minute of it.  I've enjoyed all of Smith's movies (yes, even Jersey Girl) and this one didn't disappoint.  Not as good as the original, but I think that's because the original was well, original.  As with Clerks, Randall stole this movie.  His looks when Ellias was describing his girlfriend's female anatomy trolls had me laughing my ass off.

And Rosario.  Wow.  I always thought she was cute, but she looked really really good in this movie.  Good stuff.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 1, 2006, 02:13 PM »
I still haven't seen it, and from the looks of things, Mrs. Sprry75 isn't going to let me see it, so instead I watched J&SBSB last night with the commentary on.

Couple observations:

1) It's funny how many times KS mentions that J&SBSB is the last "Askiewniverse" movie during the commentary. 

2) It's funny how completely ******* drugged out Jason Mewes obviously is during the recording of the commentary.

3) It's funny how in both KS and Jason Lee's filmographies, both of them are credited with "Fletch Won."
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #37 on: August 2, 2006, 03:15 PM »
Long reply short, I loved it.  Best film I've seen this year.  Totally deserves academy nods but has a snowball's chance in hell of getting any.  This film totally spoke to me.

Academy nods?
I suppose if they create a category for crappy teen flicks, yes...it'll be right up there with Harold and Kumar go to Amsterdam.

Good movie, but let's not kid ourselves here. It is what it is. ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 3, 2006, 08:55 AM »
Rosario Dawson was outstanding in the film.  Sure she's not a homosexual prostitute in a period piece with urban overtones so the Academy wouldn't notice.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 3, 2006, 12:07 PM »
Rosario Dawson was outstanding in the film.

Yes she was. She really stood out in the film. It could be because she's the only real actor in the movie with a big part (usually, veteran actors get cameos in Kevin Smith movies), but I think it's what happens when you give that great dialog to someone who's a really experienced actor.  She was totally believeable as Becky, and I felt her relationship with Dante was much more genuine than the one Dante had with Emma. 

Got Clones?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 3, 2006, 01:47 PM »
  She was totally believeable as Becky, and I felt her relationship with Dante was much more genuine than the one Dante had with Emma. 

That's because Kevin's wife can't act her way out of a paper bag.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 3, 2006, 02:54 PM »
That's because Kevin's wife can't act her way out of a paper bag.

Well, she was a reporter when he met her, not an actress.  If you're a director, known for making movies with your friends and your wife says "Hey, could you put me in the movie?", you kinda have to say yes, right?  :)
Got Clones?