Author Topic: Need help from 21st century collectors...  (Read 3122 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Need help from 21st century collectors...
« on: August 31, 2004, 01:46 PM »
For all you guys who collect(ed) the 21st Century figures, were there any figures of sleeveless or shirtless black guys from the Vietnam set? I'm looking to do a few customs of Jabba's guards, and I can't think of any good body parts to use.

I'm also interested in Vietcong that have removeable helmets, since there's at least one asian guard in Jabba's Palace. And of course, If any of you can think of parts that would be good to use other than these, please let me know.

Anybody? Or should I say, any body?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Need help from 21st century collectors...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 05:03 PM »
The only sleeveless guys in the Nam line were white if I'm not mistaken.  Tanker was one of the ones I'm aware of, and the Tankers WERE available in a bagged 2-pack frm 21st's site (just called and they'd sell them to ya).

One was a tanker and one was a Platoon Leader I think, but both had just their flak vests on...  No black guys though, and the arm joints are the awkward angled joints of old unfortunately.

The Viet Cong and NVA neither one have remvable headgear if I'm not mistaken.  They were to just be very basic representations of generic enemies.  They suck in that aspect. :(

Also, none of these figures are especially cheap anymore I don't believe.  Nam stuff sorta took off after the line died at TRU unfortunately.  May wanna check around Ebay though, as you never know what you'll get.

I know there's guys clamring for it though.  I never bought into the Nam line myself.

Sorry for the lack of real help there. :( 

The only thing for Asian heads I can suggest are the Bespin Guard and Y-Wing Pilot from the 3-pack.  And I'm sure you're tired of using those 2 probably and that's why you asked.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 05:25 PM »
Thanks Jesse. I was kind of hoping they might have some that I could have used. I guess I'll keep looking around.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 05:50 PM »
I can maybe give you a set of the arms if I have one...  They ain't black dudes though.  :(  Sorry man.  I'm thinking I have or had a set though, so let me know.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 06:55 PM »
That'd be great, I could easily just paint them. would these be arms from your custom fodder box?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 08:29 PM »
Yeah, pretty much...  I gotta see if I have them.  I'll PM you in a little while about it if I have them or not.  I may have already given them away though.  I'm not sure.  I'll check.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 1, 2004, 12:27 AM »
for bare arms, how about luke dagobah?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 1, 2004, 11:48 AM »
Well, originally I was looking for black guy arms. I had thought of Luke Dagobah, but since the only one I'll ever have seen is currently in the mail coming to me, he's not common enough to be custom fodder. Which is a shame, because I'm really digging this custom.

Of course, If I find the parts to make that custom, I guess I'll have bare arms left over. They may be a little too preposed to do anything with, though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: September 1, 2004, 05:20 PM »
Can always hack the hands off and put a set on from any 21st or BBI Elite Force figure though.

Something to consider.  Dagobah wave's hit en masse here...  Don't count that wave out as being pegwarmers yet.  I'd dare say a couple from it already are earning that status in my area (R2 namely).

BTW I haven't found the arms yet, but I'm still looking so dn't worry. :)  My 21st extra stuff's boxed up though, so if they're anywhere they're in there.