Author Topic: Songs or music videos that make you cry like a little girl?  (Read 3775 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Songs or music videos that make you cry like a little girl?
« Reply #15 on: September 1, 2004, 09:27 PM »
Everybody Hurts by REM.  It was what my friend chose for his funeral.

Not at all trying to make light of what you posted, but I know at least one song I want played at my funeral.  A pile of us decided on this in high school, so not necessarily motivated with the best intentions probably.

Pink Floyd.  Comfortably Numb. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 3, 2004, 09:43 AM »
Like a lot of you, country music makes me weep.  I start crying whenever I hear country music for more than a couple of songs in a row, just because it hurts so much to know I'm enduring it rather than just being dead.  It was like that when a friend put on a "Creed" CD, too.

But other than that, the song that makes me tear up is "Step Into the Light" by The Afghan Whigs.  Most personal break-up song ever.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 3, 2004, 10:02 AM »
It's actually a country song and it starts off about a boy and his dog and how he's young, the dog is old but they are both the same age.  Then the dog dies of course and the song talks about how he realized for the first time what real pain was and how he was never the same again.  The whole song is about life experiences.  Real tear jerker.  If you've ever had a dog and lost him/her, this song will definitely pull at the heart strings.  Gets me everytime.

Not that we need a good cry or anything, but I was just curious if you guys knew the name of this song.  Just curious about it.  We've always been big dog people throughout our lives, and have unfortunately lost some great ones over the years, and I was just curious about the song.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 3, 2004, 01:22 PM »
It's actually a country song and it starts off about a boy and his dog and how he's young, the dog is old but they are both the same age.  Then the dog dies of course and the song talks about how he realized for the first time what real pain was and how he was never the same again.  The whole song is about life experiences.  Real tear jerker.  If you've ever had a dog and lost him/her, this song will definitely pull at the heart strings.  Gets me everytime.

Not that we need a good cry or anything, but I was just curious if you guys knew the name of this song.  Just curious about it.  We've always been big dog people throughout our lives, and have unfortunately lost some great ones over the years, and I was just curious about the song.

I actually listed the name and artist in my first post on this thread.  You probably missed it so here you go:

artist: Jeff Carson
song: "Real Life"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 3, 2004, 01:26 PM »
My bad....thanks again though  :)

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 3, 2004, 07:06 PM »
Everytime You Go Away by Paul Young
     (Something about that playing at the end of "Planes, Trains and Automobiles gets me everytime.)
Fields of Gold by Sting
     (Heard it so much on an extended trip for the first time from my wife and made me very lonely.)
Somewhere Out There by Ronstadt / Neville
     (Was kind of a family song when we were away from our first son, who spent most of his short life in the hospital. He died of a heart attack shortly after his second birthday..still gets my entire family when we hear it.)
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry