Author Topic: "Before the Helmet" Discussion Thread  (Read 3889 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
"Before the Helmet" Discussion Thread
« on: September 3, 2004, 11:57 AM »
Not sure if there is already a "main" thread for this, but I didn't see one at first glance.  Anyways, for those of you subscribed to Hyperspace, there is a new pic up (as there is every Thursday I guess), that features what looks to be a completed shot, featuring some...new types of droids (I'll leave it at that, even though this forum does have a spoiler warning).

SilverZ

Re: "Before the Helmet" Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 10:03 PM »
Anyone check out tonights one, "Mechanical Infestation"? Its another finished shot from the Coruscant battle.  8) Love the cockpit view. I have a feeling this is going to be a treat to see...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 03:41 PM »
Just checked that one out this afternoon as well Tydirium, looked pretty cool I thought.  Seems a little more exciting when you can see actual "finished" shots, with the ILM work and everything.  The cockpit view is quite cool too.

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 12:38 AM »
 ::) There's a bunch of Wookiees charging with guns blazing on BTH tonight. My fanboy heart just fluttered.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 09:26 AM »
I just got a chance to check out that new BTH this morning, and I know what you are saying.  Very cool, IMO.  This is actually a part of ROTS that I'm looking forward to the most, Chewbacca (and more Wookiees) in action on their home planet.  Should be pretty cool to see, nice pic this week.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 10:09 AM »
I'n guessing Lucas has been itching to do this since the minute he realized he couldn't use them in ROTJ

SilverZ

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 10:22 PM »
Hmmm, interesting picture of Tem Morrison up this week. Is this the first we've seen of him? I like the idea of battle-scarred clones.

I'm wondering if casual audience members are going to be confused by his appearance, never mind probable multiple appearances as different characters than seen in the last movie. I know we get it, but it might be a bit odd.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 09:25 AM »
Well, another Temuera Morrison related pic this week, but kind of a neat one.  It shows as an "ARC 170 pilot".  Interesting helmet design.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 09:29 AM »
This new picture is sweet!  If I had a character focus I think it would be the AT-AT Driver, one of my favorites as a kid and always has been since then.

This new helmet is a sweet homage to both the TIE and AT-AT Driver helmets

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 10:08 AM »
Kind of neat too, you can combine this pic (ARC 170 Pilot), with the Art of Revenge pic from August 23 (ARC 170, Standing By), and have the basic ship/pilot combo figured out.  Kind of like a Imperial Trooper flying an X-Wing, in a way.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 11:17 AM »
Also, forgot to post about last week's BTH.  I kind of enjoyed the one entitled "Business End" featuring a wookiee :).  Looking forward to seeing more of Chewbacca's brethren in the next installment.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2004, 01:51 PM »
This week's BTH pic shows the General's ship (as seen on a display screen).  It appears it will be called the "Invisible Hand".

SilverZ

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2004, 02:32 PM »
Boy, that wasn't the most overwhelming of pics, was it? I love the ship's name, though. "Invisible Hand" sounds very appropriate.

I guess I can't complain about pics since we'll be swimming in footage in 2 weeks.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2004, 01:03 PM »
I'n guessing Lucas has been itching to do this since the minute he realized he couldn't use them in ROTJ

Oh that he could have done it the first time and spared me the horrors of the Ewok nation and the evil things they subsequently spawned. 

Yub yub, my ass >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2004, 05:07 PM »

Oh that he could have done it the first time and spared me the horrors of the Ewok nation and the evil things they subsequently spawned. 

Yub yub, my ass >:(
I think the story goes that he had already made Wookiees appear technologically advanced and he wanted warriors that weren't so he cut them in half and called them Ewoks