Author Topic: Episodes 7 thru 9 NOT Happening....  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Episodes 7 thru 9 NOT Happening....
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2004, 10:24 AM »
Last I heard Indy 4 was canned.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2004, 10:35 AM »
I agree on the highly doubtful part, but the only hope that I potentially see for them being made, is that Lucas fails so miserably in all of his upcoming future projects, that he starts missing the fame and fortune and therefore has to turn back to old reliable, once again - the Saga.

But like I said, doubtful.

Not gonna happen. Think about it - technically, the guy has a hand in just about every major hollywood blockbuster. ILM and Skywalker Sound have worked on so many movies over the years, he'll never be out of the spotlight, and neverbe out of a job. And he'll never need money.

The only way it'll happen is if he decides to give control to someone else, or maybe after he's passed away and someone decides to buy the rights from one of his kids or something. Then you might see more adventures. But by then, will anyone really care?

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2004, 11:37 AM »

Good! I say let the series rest in peace(both of them)! I LOVED Raiders, but would not like to see any further butchering of a classic series.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2004, 05:54 PM »

Not canned, indefinitely delayed. Spielberg has several movies he's working on in the next couple of years, Lucas is still working on ROTS, and I believe Ford will have a couple of movies he's starring in the next year or so. The problem is getting all 3 of them available at once to work on Indy 4. But then again that seems to have been the problem for the last decade.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot