Author Topic: Episodes 7 thru 9 NOT Happening....  (Read 3506 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Episodes 7 thru 9 NOT Happening....
« on: September 13, 2004, 11:01 PM »
Well until ol' Uncle George changes his mind AGAIN....

From 411mania.com...

During an interview, George Lucas squashed rumors that Star Wars sequels were in the works. Lucas says, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith will be the last Star Wars movie.

"This was never planned as a nine-episode work," Lucas said. "The media [pounced when] I made an offhand comment, 'It might be fun to come back when everyone's 80 and do another one of these.' But I never had any intention of doing that."

The original Star Wars was only three films, and that was what it was meant to be," he said. "After a lot of pondering and thought, I went back to do the back story, but that pretty much tells the story. Episode six is the end. There isn't any more to it."

Revenge of the Sith may not recieve the PG rating, the other films in the series recieved. Lucas claims it is because the film is very dark and intense, making it hard to stick to a PG rating.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
Re: Episodes 7 thru 9 NOT Happening....
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 01:10 AM »
You know what? I’ve read many old interviews with George where he states that the complete SW epic is nine episodes  (something akin to an opera in three acts), and that he always envisioned it as such. He’s been known to say that he began the series in the middle chapter because those were the one’s with the most action, and that eventually he wanted to do all nine films: the prequels focusing on the adventures of young Obi-Wan and the sequels on the children of Han and Leia, who would have inherited the Falcon and the droids- presents from uncle Luke. So, his new angle on the rumors is B.S. just like most of the crap he spews lately… I’m tired of hearing Lucas bull**** about his initial “real” intentions. it doesn’t matter much to me if he makes more movies or not, hell I wish he’d never made episodes 1,2, and 3... but for the record, Lucas is either senile and can’t remember s***, or he’s just a bulls****er  that thinks no one is paying attention to what he’s said in the past- turd.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 01:53 AM »
There is WAY too much money involved for 7,8, and 9 not to get made.

Just wait - a year from now they'll be in pre-production.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 01:53 AM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 06:12 AM »
One more ewok movie and that'll be your ninth installment. Enjoy.  :-*

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 09:49 AM »
Didn't the ewok movies take place before ROTJ? I always thought that, because in ROTJ, the ewoks say a few human words when they're fighting...like Yahoo and Yee-haw, and a few others.

I figured they stopped trusting humans because of the Imperials.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 10:03 AM »
I'm 90% sure that the narrator (Burl Ives) never mentions a date in time, so I suppose it's all up to the viewer to determine when it takes place. I've always believed the movies take place after the events of ROTJ because of 1) how much more advanced the ewoks are in Caravan of Courage, (not much, but a little), 2) Logray is significantly aged, 3) I'm in charge so shut-up.

>:(

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 05:59 PM »
There is WAY too much money involved for 7,8, and 9 not to get made.

Just wait - a year from now they'll be in pre-production.

Yeah, they could make a ton of money off another one of these Star Wars trilogies.  I'm kind of surprised Fox does not put some pressure on Lucas to have someone else direct/produce them.  Then again they may have and we don't know it.  I'm just surprised Lucas wants a TV series done but not films. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 07:54 PM »
I think the possibility is there, but I think it's unlikely.  Lucas is such a "I don't give 2 ***** what you think so I'm gonna do what I want" kinda guy.  I think he'll likely go onto some flops and retire. :)

SW on the small screen is possibly gonna have a huge future though.  With the mini-series CW winning an Emmy, it's a viable source...  Just has to be done right.  What's the odds on that one in Vegas though?  I mean, it'd almost hinge on Lucas's personal involvement.   ;D

Hammil's talk of 7,8,9 was old news...  Nothing new in his words that haven't been uttered somewhere else down the line, so I think it's just got everyone's panties in a wad over anticipating SW hype for another decade or whatever.  Lucas says no to that though, so that's what I agree with till he changes his mind again and claims he never said "no 7,8,9" at any point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 09:03 PM »
Anyone think Lucas will opt to fiddle around with all 6 movies and pump them out in the theatres for the 30th Anniversary in 2007?  I think it's inevitable. 

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 09:22 PM »
Anyone think Lucas will opt to fiddle around with all 6 movies and pump them out in the theaters for the 30th Anniversary in 2007?  I think it's inevitable. 

Absolutely. I'd put money on it. Why waste time and money making three new episodes when he has six older episodes that he can go back and "improve" every few years, on the anniversary dates?

And don't forget the 30th Anniversary DVD Commemorative Box Set, either.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 09:52 PM »
And don't forget the 30th Anniversary DVD Commemorative Box Set, either.

With all 6 movies in it, plus 2 bonus dvd's for the low low price of $219.99.... Yet we'll buy it up, man we're stupid!!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2004, 12:18 AM »
I think he did intend for there to be nine parts - WAY back in the beginning he even said something about 12 (!!!) - but he obviously isn't interested anymore.  Listening to him on Charlie Rose, I think he really only did the PT out of a sense of obligation, as well as a means of subsidy for his real dream, the digital back lot.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2004, 02:19 AM »
I think the possibility is there, but I think it's unlikely.  Lucas is such a "I don't give 2 ***** what you think so I'm gonna do what I want" kinda guy. 

I always thought of him as more of a "I love making money off of my franchise and will do just about anything to further line my flannel pockets" kinda guy.

But hey, that's just me.   8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2004, 02:31 AM »
I think you're both right!   >:(

I agree on the highly doubtful part, but the only hope that I potentially see for them being made, is that Lucas fails so miserably in all of his upcoming future projects, that he starts missing the fame and fortune and therefore has to turn back to old reliable, once again - the Saga.

But like I said, doubtful.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2004, 02:57 AM »
I wonder if he is going to have any future projects besides Indy 4. Really after the OT and the Ewok Movies and Indy 3 I can only name two other movies he did Howard the Duck and Willow which weren't exactly box office hits, though they are cult classics. So what could he possibly have up his sleeve? Perhaps the answer to that will determine if there are any more SW movies.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin