Author Topic: VH1's "Totally Obsessed"  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
VH1's "Totally Obsessed"
« on: September 14, 2004, 02:09 PM »
Has anyone happened to see this show?  I've come in at the tail end of it twice, so don't really have a full grasp for it, but what I did see was kind of.....yikes.  Basically, the show chronicles the lives of "superfans" of particular areas.  You can read a few details at the above link about what has been covered (no Star Wars...yet...but I'm sure it is coming).  One that I happened to see was a woman "obsessed" with Lord of the Rings.  She of course had all the merchandise, but the "odd" thing was her relationship with life size cardboard cut outs of the characters.  They had footage of her playing "duck duck goose" in the front yard with them, and also taking Smeagol and Gollum out to eat with her family (which she apparently does quite often).  She then proceeds to do their voices, arguing whether they want chicken or fish (if i remember right) to eat, when the server asks for their orders.  I also saw part of a guy "obsessed" with Pac-Man, which was just....a little.....off.  Not judging though, to each their own.  Just in case anyone was wondering, both people I saw were married (and the woman had children).  Definitely some odd behavior in some people's opinions I am sure, and you just know a Star Wars one has to be on the horizon.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: VH1's "Totally Obsessed"
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 02:35 PM »
Actually, I noticed on the series' page on VH1.com that there are some messages posted.  The woman who was the LOTR person had posted on there a few times (says that it is her anyways), and it sounds like VH1 producers had her do some things out of the ordinary to make it a little crazier (along with editing).  Either way, the show is something to check out....entertaining if nothing else I guess. :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 02:43 PM »
I can't wait to make fun of Kevin defend Kevin from the loonies at the MTV message boards :P  Maybe Colman should be their SW participant

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 09:41 PM »
I can't wait to make fun of Kevin defend Kevin from the loonies at the MTV message boards :P  Maybe Colman should be their SW participant

She is right you know? Re-enactments for TV shows are generaly over-dramatize things. Take for instance the cene where I beg for a prom date...I never asked for one. In my interveiws, I specificly stated, "I didn't care about the prom. It's a $500 night I wasn't interested in."

I'm gonna have a behind the scenes AIM chat durring the airing of my show with a few of my friends from JPToys.com, and you guys are more than welcome to come in. Both myself and my partner in crime, Matt, will be on hand to answer questions. Although since he's in college he may go partying after the show.

Still no air date...they want more pictures of me...yeesh.

MTV's Totally Obsessed-Famine

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...