Author Topic: Would you?  (Read 1739 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Would you?
« on: September 20, 2004, 07:33 PM »
A friend of mine just informed me that he went to see a charity screening of Episode 2 about a month and a half before it opened nationwide. Since it was a charity screening, the tickets were $150 each. If you had a chance to see Episode 3 six weeks before anyone else, but it would cost you $150, would you?

I've already told him that if he finds out about a charity event for Episode 3 he can count me in.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Would you?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 07:50 PM »
Yeah, I probably would. As long as there aren't cell phones and children in the theater, I'd be in nirvana.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 12:07 AM »
Yeah, they did these for both TPM and AOTC for a childrens' charity... but 6 weeks? Your friend might be exaggerating. I recall them being about a week early, since I was considering an AOTC screening here.

I'd consider it this year if it wasn't too expensive.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 09:00 PM »
  I could not live with myself knowing that I spent $150 for a $7.50 ticket.  Not even for charity.  Besides my wife would probably go beserk if I did that. 

Offline JasperFett

• Youngling
  • I am a mighty mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 02:44 AM »
As much as I love Star Wars, I wouldn't. That money could go to other priorities and I could just wait for it to come out on it's release date and spend less money.