Author Topic: 2005 Cantina Wave  (Read 29046 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2005 Cantina Wave
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2004, 03:32 PM »
ActionHQ just got them so I think mid December is still possible

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2004, 10:32 PM »
OK, wait a tic... I just noticed something - are they repackaging the same figures again in this new Post-OTC packaging??? I see a Sandtrooper, Stormtrooper, Dagobah Luke... wtf??

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2004, 01:25 AM »
Yeah - and I think the damn Cantina Han is being repacked again too.  Why in the hell are they doing this? 

Why not 3 each of the new figures, and one Stormtrooper, one Scout Trooper and maybe the Imperial Officer with a 4th head (I don't mind more army builder repacks)?

:P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2004, 09:15 AM »
Jedi Temple Archives have updated their photo archive with images of the Cantina wave.  Some pretty good, close up, loose pics of the wave.  You can also see a pic of what Dannik looks like without his his little "feelers" or probiscii whatever they were called.  Looks like some holes in the face.  Anyways, you can check out the pics at the linky above.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 09:21 AM by mosnab »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2004, 09:18 AM »
Man...that's about the suckiest thing I've seen on a new figure for a while.  There is no reason they even needed to consider putting the probiscii on there.  Its not Movie accurate and it just reeks of BAD EU.  Yuck, hopefully I can eventually find a way to fill in those gaping holes >:(

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2004, 09:29 AM »
Damn, that's disappointing.  The one bad thing about this wave.  Why he would have his probiscus out looking for souls or whatever the hell they do while ripping a bong hit is beyond me.  I'm with Scott, I got to find a way to fill in those holes.  Wood filler maybe?  It's roughly the same color, easy to work with and readily available (the joys of home remodeling)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2004, 09:33 AM »
You can also see a pic of what Dannik looks like without his his little "feelers" or probiscii whatever they were called.  Looks like some holes in the face.

::)

Stupid EU nose-boogers!  Nothing better than a figure with holes in his face...   >:(

I think you're right about the wood-filler.  Might work pretty well to fill up those holes...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2004, 09:49 AM »
Dannik would and still may be a major pegwarmer.  He's got Malikili written all over him, and maybe the nose boogers were Hasbro's attempt to make him visually interesting.  But it still blows monkey balls

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2004, 03:29 PM »
Jedi Temple Archives have updated their photo archive with images of the Cantina wave.  Some pretty good, close up, loose pics of the wave.  You can also see a pic of what Dannik looks like without his his little "feelers" or probiscii whatever they were called.  Looks like some holes in the face.  Anyways, you can check out the pics at the linky above.

That's just what I was coming in here to check up on.  Thanks for the link mosnab!

But I've got to agree that those holes in Dannik's face look like crap!  They're unfortunately pretty much what I was expecting to see though, considering we already knew that appendages "plugged" into his face.  Hasbro should've offered two different heads with this figure, ala the Dagobah Luke, if they wanted to get creative with the EU crap and add those lame things on there.

Disappointing.  I'm going to have to buy an extra and putty those holes in I guess.   :-\

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2004, 07:23 PM »
I've been wound tight since I heard these guys are in stores. I cannot wait to find Trevagg and Myo!!!  ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2004, 10:24 AM »
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 10:26 AM by Scott »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2004, 10:26 AM »
And remember these are now $7 a piece ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2004, 10:36 AM »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2004, 10:38 AM »
Well I guess I was lucky then :) ;D

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2004, 12:10 PM »
The new price increase does indeed blow.  I can understand it for the ROTS figures since it's the last SW film and they want to make all they can off it.  But the transitional figures?  That blows.  Oh well it still won't stop me from buying the Cantina wave.  It might stop me from Sly Moore, Pablo Jill, and Rabe.  I'll take Padme Celebration though.