Author Topic: 2005 Cantina Wave  (Read 29048 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2005 Cantina Wave
« on: September 21, 2004, 05:04 PM »
Hmmm...

No dedicated thread yet for these guys, so I may as well start one with this nugget:

Seems like there may be pictures of Felitpern Trevagg and Dannikk Jericho in the latest issue of SW Insider.  Anyone got this issue yet to confirm?

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2005 Cantina Wave
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 05:17 PM »
Jeff, there are indeed shots of Gotal and Dannik...

Both are INCREDIBLE figures.  I mean absolutely brilliant sculpts.  It appears that the tentacle things are on Dannik's face however, so I'm hoping they're removable as they were not showing in the Cantina, and that it's a "feature" is all.

Dannik's got ball/socket knees, looks like anyway, a holster for a gun, and his bong's on his belt also and has a hose to the mouthpiece.  Looks like wrists as well are articulated.

Very cool, without a doubt.

The Gotal also is cool, but a bit more "plain" IMO.  His articulation looks superior however, as I see cut elbows/biceps and wrist joints.  Can't tell on the knees as he has kneepads of some sort, but there's a cut on his RIGHT knee that indicates hinged knees to me.  Not sure however.  He's holding a drink and a bespin Guard/Elan pistol painted up all nice and black with a silver barrel.  I see no holster however, though he could have a back holster on his belt.

There's also pics of the littel Playschook figures, the next animated CW wave, and old Pablo Jill/Yarua pictures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 08:50 PM »
I think that the "tentacles" are smoke.  I'm serious.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 09:08 PM »
Isn't Dannik a soul sucker or something. I remember in an EU story (Tales from the Cantina me thinks) that he had tentacles come out of his nose or something to suck the life out of victims.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 11:11 PM »
Looks like GH got some pix up of it:

Gotal/Dannik

They look very nice.  Just wish Hasbro would put that kind of effort into the Cantina sets!   ::)  As for Danniks tongue things, I'd go with the EU idea myself, and suggest they're the life sucking appendages from that.  Hopefully they're removable though.  If not, I'll make them removable!   >:(

Can someone refresh my memory, but did that ridiculous POTJ Jar Jar with the 3 foot tongue, have a removable tongue?  I seem to recall that it did, though I don't have mine nearby to verify it.

Did they not show the 3rd cantina alien in the Insider though?  Can't even recall who that was now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 11:54 PM »
Myo's the 3rd I believe, and he's mentioned in the article.

Hell I'd have scanned images if that was cool.  Ballsy of GH.com, but more power to them.  I know Insider's touchy about that junk though, or have been in the past definitely.

Myo's NOT pictured in Insider though.

The thingies on his head/face are tenticles that suck blood or something from enemies/victims.  He's described in the article as something of a "vampire", or vampire-like I guess.  He supposedly hides those in cheek pouches though, so that's why I mentioned hoping they're removable, as in the film they're not visible.

Sorta wish it WAS smoke Mike.  :)  That woulda made a kick ass effect like those laser blasts and stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 12:53 PM »
Well I never thought they would make Dannik.  So, I'm just happy to see him made.  I don't care for the tentacles or whatever those are, but I'll get over it. 

Gotal looks superb!  Been wanting this guy forever it seems like.  Along with some other Cantina patrons yet to be made.  But cross 3 more off the list with Myo coming out. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 11:05 PM »

Can someone refresh my memory, but did that ridiculous POTJ Jar Jar with the 3 foot tongue, have a removable tongue?  I seem to recall that it did, though I don't have mine nearby to verify it.

I haven't had the heart to open and display a Jar jar figure.  Complete or ethical, some choice.  Pliers work extremely well at removing plastic and real tongues.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 02:10 PM »
You can remove that tongue, but if you do, the only way to replace it is to glue it back on or drill a hole to stick the end of it into.

The new Cantina figures look great - I can't wait to see the Myo.

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: October 7, 2004, 09:47 AM »

Can't wait for these boys!

edit: fixed broken picture linky!
« Last Edit: October 7, 2004, 09:52 AM by Nataku »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: October 7, 2004, 09:49 AM »
"Figure comes with removable proboscises, blaster, hookah pipe and base"

Whew!  Nice to know those nose-buggers are removable...

More NEW Basic Figures for 2005!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #11 on: October 7, 2004, 10:18 AM »
Man, this stuff is just awesome!!! If Episode3 goes back to action features, I really hope we get back to this OTC coolness afterward. Its a shame to see it go away.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 7, 2004, 10:24 AM »
Definitely a nice wave, and I'm looking forward to it as well.  Can't complain about three all-new Cantina fellas in one swoop :).  Hopefully these will show up earlier like some of the other waves have.  Who would have thought we would have ever seen some of these characters in action figure form?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 7, 2004, 10:27 AM »
Suh-weet!  I love the cantina and palace figures they make.  Three more down. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: October 7, 2004, 10:31 AM »
These all look great, and as Jeff said, removable nose boogers are good thing as well, though, how wacky will he look with two big holes in his face?  I think its lame they put EU into the figure but I'm not griping too much yet.  Myo and Feltipern also look great, they capture the essence of both perfectly.  All 3 were high on my ANH wishlist at one time, to me they need to make:

Hem Dazon
Bom Vimdin
Braniac
Kel Fas (either Saurin will do)
Wioslea
CZ-3 (they have to have a sculpt done on this one as it was rumored at  one time)

And I'd be happy forever with my Cantina/Mos Eisley collection...the other Duros (Bannis Keeg) would be OK, its an easy custom though so I'm not too hip on him, same with either Kel Fas, give me one and I don't need the other

The Tonnika Sisters too but I'm not going to talk about them