Author Topic: 2005 Cantina Wave  (Read 29035 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2005 Cantina Wave
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2004, 04:51 PM »
EE has changed the ship dates again...

Took a while (like the last day of the month ::)), but now that last case is bumped back to January too...  :(

Post-OTC Wave2 - Due November 2004 January 2005

Post-OTC Wave2, Rev1 - Due January 2005

Post-OTC Wave2, Rev2 - Due November 2004 January 2005

Makes me even more upset I missed the BBTS stock this AM (stupid work meetings!).   >:(

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #61 on: December 3, 2004, 10:56 PM »
Cantina Wave Up Close And Very Personal

Money Shot Baby

Good Lord does that look totally awful...makes me almost want to wretch thinking they wrecked a perfectly GREAT figure with EU Nose Boogers ::)
« Last Edit: December 3, 2004, 10:57 PM by Scott »

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 4, 2004, 12:33 AM »
My POTC Wave 2 order has shipped from EE.  :)
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: December 4, 2004, 01:12 AM »
The gaping holes aren't cool, but...  I'm still overall pleased with him.  The things are unnecessary though, and sorta silly. 

No holster on Gotal's kinda, eh, too.  Give him a hip or ankle one...  No big deal, but whatever.  I guess he's just always ready for a gunfight.

Myo's a 2nd favorite for me, as I've wanted a Dannik Jerriko for a while, and I'm gonna label Gotal as 3rd.  No real reason, as I would say each is equal to the other.  I'm just ranking them this way because I like Myo and Dannik more as characters I've wanted made.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #64 on: December 4, 2004, 02:29 AM »
Oh man Jerriko is totally screwed up! I like the idea of wanting to add the nose tendril thingies to him, but not at the expense of what looks like a pretty interesting face sculpt. So now the question becomes, do you keep the tendrils in, or do you attempt to fill the holes with sculpey and try to match the paintjob.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #65 on: December 4, 2004, 03:22 AM »
So now the question becomes, do you keep the tendrils in, or do you attempt to fill the holes with sculpey and try to match the paintjob.

Easy.  You do both!   ;)

But yeah, I definitely prefer the movie accurate version myself, so I'm gonna have to figure out a way to do the sculpey/paint thing.  Maybe I'll beg Jess to fix one of 'em up for me like that.

Jesse, whatchya think buddy?  Capable?  Willing?   :-*

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #66 on: December 4, 2004, 03:44 AM »
So now the question becomes, do you keep the tendrils in, or do you attempt to fill the holes with sculpey and try to match the paintjob.

Easy.  You do both!   ;)

But yeah, I definitely prefer the movie accurate version myself, so I'm gonna have to figure out a way to do the sculpey/paint thing.  Maybe I'll beg Jess to fix one of 'em up for me like that.

Jesse, whatchya think buddy?  Capable?  Willing?   :-*

Yeah I'm leaning towards fixing the holes myself, the tendrils are just going to look odd in the cantina when he's not attacking anyone.

Jesse capable of doing it? yes no doubt. Jesse capable of finishing it? committee's out on that  ;D I've known Jesse for many a year now and in all that time I can't recall him ever mentioning that he finished a custom. That's his MO, I think he has business cards that say Customizing Procrastinator :) Then again I'm beginning to become one myself, he's having a bad influence on me :P
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 4, 2004, 07:59 AM »
Got my shipping confirmation Friday on the cantina wave. 

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 4, 2004, 10:01 AM »
Really that is about the only thing wrong with Derrick.  Those idiotic things attached to his face.  You guys figure out a way to plug up the holes and I'll ask you how you did it.  I can't stand those snotty things coming out of his face.  Dumb. 
I love that Gotal though.  Myo is really nice as well.  I just hope I will be able to get them at retail.  Always a big question mark for my area it seems.  I just hope Hasbro makes some different Cantina guys after ROTS in 2006.  Some guys need to be made yet that's for certain.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: December 4, 2004, 01:57 PM »
Got my shipping confirmation Friday on the cantina wave. 

Sweet!  Me too!   ;D

According to EE, they went out on Friday, so they should be here next week!  Very nice...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #70 on: December 6, 2004, 10:39 PM »
Personally, I like Feltipern the best, not sure if its the colors or the spectacular head sculpt but its an absolutely awesome figure

Next is Myo who is just a tad below Feltipern...which is odd because I wanted Myo more.  Both of them are great interpretations of back corner aliens

Last is Dannik...not that I don't think its a great figure.  The fact his hookah vase fits on his hip is awesome.  The holster is great...its those damn EU Nose Boogers...and the gaping holes they leave in his face.  Its ugly...very ugly...and it ruins what could have been a great figure.

I should NOT have to fix mistakes like this.  Its EU, it wasn't in the movies and it does NOTHING for the figure but mar and otherwise awesome sculpt and figure.  Damn you Hasbro :(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: December 6, 2004, 11:20 PM »
I could do it... 

You see, doing it for Matt would be easy.  Doing it for myself though...  I'd want to get a 2nd Dannik, pop the head, fill the holes, mold it, cast it in proper color(s) and then paint it all up...

So yeah, I doubt it'd happen in MY style, but if you want the holes filled with something, Matt, and then them painted over...  That's simple.

BTW I'd fill them with 2-part epoxy or something.  Devcon plastic welder woudl be better I think...  More durable, more plastic-like. 

Personally, I'm likely just gonna leave my Dannik alone...  It's **** looking, but I'm happy just to get him and the EU feature's "eh" to me.  Kinda neat, but I'll just deal with the holes...  It's the figures only real drawback though to me...  Maybe the elbows too, but the face is the only thing that bugs me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #72 on: December 6, 2004, 11:29 PM »

Look at that thing though...can you honestly call that asthetically pleasing?  It was:

#1 unnecessary
#2 stupid to make them removable

I haven't been this worked up about something since Hoth Han Blue, I'm generally easy to please but not on this one >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: December 6, 2004, 11:54 PM »
I agree...  I'm just not as upset I guess, but I agree.  It's stupid, and was overkill on Hasbro's part.

I'm maybe just happy to get a Dannik figure at all, and maybe the ease of filling the holes in is what makes me think "eh" about it.  I agree though, it's up there in stupidity.  They did ruin an otherwise (near) perfect figure.

Dumb of them...  No doubt.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #74 on: December 7, 2004, 12:02 PM »
And don't get me wrong Jesse, overall all three are great figures.  The lack of ball elbows is sort of a bummer but the balled knees are great and the paint apps seem to be great too which is a welcome relief over some of the past few waves (Naboo especially)