Author Topic: VOTC/OTC Purchases  (Read 97098 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: VOTC/OTC Purchases
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2004, 11:14 PM »
Woot!  JuvyD has a Lando and 3PO for me in hand.  Sweet.  Four to go (well, ok, about 14 given I have dupes of Luke and Yoda and still need the second set, but come on BBts.com)

:)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline austinPOTF

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Drive Fast, Walk Slow
Is Ent. Earth shipping any of the "September" stuff...
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2004, 11:46 PM »
or am I sitting here ******* off and missing figures at retail because I think EE is going to come through? I'm waiting on the OTC Wave 11 and VOTC Wave 3 pre-orders.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2004, 09:28 AM »
I thnk the only stuff that EE shipped in September was stuff that was supposed to be due in August!

I also noticed that most of the cases are now NOVEMBER, with a very few set for October.

I hate Hasbro's shipping/distribution policies.   >:(

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2004, 01:17 PM »
Finally found most of the Bespin wave today (missing CC Pilot) and Spirit Obi-Wan.  Still need Dagabah Luke, and the re-carded Endor wave to catch up.  Slowly but surely.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2004, 05:13 PM »
I can send a Dagobah Luke with your Phoenix if you like.  Regular version on the hideously useless Canadian card. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2004, 05:17 PM »
I can send a Dagobah Luke with your Phoenix if you like.  Regular version on the hideously useless Canadian card. 

Cool.  I'm going to take this to PM, though.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2004, 08:41 AM »
Stopped in at a Target across town from us this weekend before going to church, and was fortunate enough to find a VOTC Stormtrooper and R2-D2.  They had 1 of each, as well as 1 Han and 1 Lando on the pegs...so I must have just missed Chewie and Boba Fett.  I was really hoping to find the wookiee, but hopefully this wave will continue to pop up.  Also stopped at Wal-Mart and finally found the Bespin Luke repaint, so picked that up as well.  I was happy with the weekend haul.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2004, 09:09 AM »
Nice scores Brian!  I am really looking forward to this wave of figures for some reason and so I've been haunting Targets around here non stop in an effort to obtain them :)

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2004, 10:46 PM »
On Sunday morning, I found the VOTC ROTJ wave at Target.  I picked up Chewie, Fett, Lando, and 1 Stormtrooper.  I would've picked up another Stormtrooper had the paint jobs not been so piss-poor.  As luck would have it, I found the ROTJ wave again this morning at yet another Target and snagged another Stormie.  I'm pretty happy.   :D 

My wife, not so much.   :-[ 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 10:47 PM by Force Guy »
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2004, 11:48 PM »
I too have ROTJ VOTC purchases under my belt this week...  Today actually, I snagged VOTC Stormie and Fett.  The paint on the Stormie is sloppy, which is funny given everything, and I don't like the holster...  It's "ok" but sort of a half-assed attempt.

Beyond that, Fett's neck is odd...  He's still, hands down, the best Fett ever.  The right custom work and you could have a great removable helmet one that looks flawless to boot.

Irregardless, Target's the place to be, and they're awesome figures so be there.

I got a 2nd Vader too...  May grab more because, while not perfect, he's damn close and I think I can really finegal a nicely done custom out of him...

Great stuff!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2004, 10:06 AM »
The paint on the Stormie is sloppy, which is funny given everything, and I don't like the holster...  It's "ok" but sort of a half-assed attempt.

I totally agree with you about the holster.  It's lame.  And the paint job problem is really unforgivable.  I mean, how hard is it to apply a few black paint apps to an all-white figure?

Beyond that, Fett's neck is odd...  He's still, hands down, the best Fett ever.  The right custom work and you could have a great removable helmet one that looks flawless to boot.

Scroobaca (from RS) posted a pic of an incredible-looking 'ESB' Fett which used the VOTC Fett body.  Awesome.  I still have a few grudges with the figure, mainly with his brick-shaped wrist gadgets (particularly his left wrist gadget).  His neck is odd and the helmet antenna is too short.  His outfit is a bit too washed out and could use more blue in it.  However, the sculpt is top-notch.   

Yeah, Target is the place to be.  The ROTJ wave is by far my favorite VOTC assortment. 
Binders full of astromechs...

SilverZ

« Reply #116 on: October 6, 2004, 08:17 PM »
How quickly things can changes when EE actually gets stuff in!

It's been a hard couple of weeks finding stuff, and my only major score was the ROTJ VOTCs from a TRU by asking the manager to pull a case. I haven't seen a single new OTC card for what seems like forever. The last one I bought at retail was Greedo a month or more ago.

So today was pretty cool to be able to get the wave 11.5 OTC, wave 2 post-OTC case, and a ROTJ VOTC case from EE. In one trip it rounded out the carded OTC collection for my, and got me a second R2 and Chewie to complete the VOTC line. I feel a sense of calm like I haven't felt in a long while, like wrapping up this years stuff is actually going to happen.

The big problem is all those figures in that last OTC case... I mean, there's 10 "new" figures in the case of 12. Only 2 figures that aren't fresh in there are army builders - a Tusken and a Biker Scout. It's still going to be a challenge now to track down all the repaints in the wave I consider open-able - the Gamorrean Guard, Hoth Vader, Scanning Crew Tech, and even Bib Fortuna seem worth opening. And they're all 1 per case.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: October 6, 2004, 11:12 PM »
Scoobacca's customs are awesome.  He was one of the first people I can think of who got a VOTC Fett and the guy seemed to customize it almost immediately.  THat's dedication to the hobby.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 7, 2004, 09:09 AM »
If anyone's still on the lookout, Amazon.com had the ROTJ wave (as well as the rest of the figs) in stock at one point this morning.  They may be sold out by now, but I did check early enough to get a Chewie ordered...hooray :).  I wanted to get two, but the wifey wasn't having it, so I'll just try my luck at retail with getting a second.  Anyways, if you go quickly, I see that Boba Fett, Chewbacca, and the Stormie are all still in stock.  R2-D2 is currently out of stock.  Just thought I'd give the heads up.

Also, on a side note, used the DCPI # at a Target yesterday and picked the Slave 1 ship up for $25.49.  I was pretty happy to be able to get it, I've never had a "Boba" Slave 1, and I think the ship looks pretty good overall.  Kind of nice packaging as well (although mine is kind of dinged up), tempted to leave it in there, but I think I'll be cracking it open before too long.  Also, checked for VOTC at both stores.  None on the floor, none in the stockroom at either Target here in town.  One of the stores was also offering either rain checks, or alternate figures (Animated Batman at this particular store) for a reduced price.  I'm guessing they won't be getting any anytime soon.

Offline Blue_Harvester

• Jedi Initiate
  • Great Googly-Moogly
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 7, 2004, 09:18 AM »
... I think I'll be cracking it open before too long.

About the Slave 1 set, you might wanna eyeball the
tape jobs on the box before you make a decision.
The 'QuestionMark' over on Scum is reporting that some
boxes are showing evidence of a tape-cut and tape-over
on these pups.  They report that Target went in and
nipped out Boba's firing missle on some (all?) boxes.

just thouight you outta know before you made your
attack run.

-BH
Han shot FIRST. Luke threw TWICE. And it was THX-1138 who wasn't at his post on the big screen back in '77. And I first learned that Vader was Luke's dad in the cinemas at the Tampa Bay Mall in 1980.