Author Topic: VOTC/OTC Purchases  (Read 97109 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: VOTC/OTC Purchases
« Reply #120 on: October 7, 2004, 09:35 AM »
1)  Congrats on the scores Brian!

2)
The 'QuestionMark' over on Scum is reporting that some
boxes are showing evidence of a tape-cut and tape-over
on these pups. They report that Target went in and
nipped out Boba's firing missle on some (all?) boxes.

ALL of the Boba Fett figures from the Slave 1 from Target are missing the small sidearm AND the rocket.  Not a single one has been found with them.

Target is NOT the one who removed them.  Hasbro did not include the smaller gun on purpose and then Hasbro removed the rocket before they were shipped to Target.  No one is sure why yet, but the assumption is that it was due to some safety standard or cost.

I can assure you that Target did not take out the missile themselves.

Jeff
« Last Edit: October 7, 2004, 09:38 AM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 8, 2004, 03:45 PM »
Well, as the majority of the OTC/VOTC line is now making its way through the retail system (or hopefully should be shortly), how is everyone sitting with what they have bought, and what they have left to buy?  Are you getting close to caught up, half way there, or not even close?

I recently placed an order for a VOTC Boba Fett and Chewbacca via Amazon.com.  Once those arrive, I will have the whole line.  To be honest, one of the more satisfying "completions" I've had for awhile, just happy to get this whole line.  I was really concerned about Chewbacca, but luckily he turned up online.  I'd still like to get an extra Chewie to keep carded though, but I'll try my luck at retail for that one...for now.

For the OTC basic line, we still haven't seen the last figures around here.  I was kind of hoping to pick up (if I see them at retail) the Gam. Guard, General Lando, Slave Leia, Hoth Vader, and possibly Bib Fortuna.  The first two especially, the others...if I see them.  Just picked up the Slave I at Target, using the DCPI #, earlier this week...so until that Falcon (hopefully) gets clearanced at Target later on this year, I'm at a stopping point on vehicles (still on the fence about the Sandcrawler though too).

All in all, probably the most caught up I have been in awhile, once those last couple figures get here.  Basically on the look out for a few OTC figures, the Bounty Hunter Galactic Heroes sets, and the "2005" waves if they show up at retail early as well.  Also, the next assortment of Unleashed, if those hit this year (Stormie and IG-88).  Kind of a good feeling to not have quite as much stuff to search for, and especially happy to be completing the VOTC line.  A very nice line overall, and something I hope we see Hasbro do more of in the future (the sculpt/articulation, not the price).  Hope that everyone is doing well in their searches/collections, best of luck.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2004, 09:23 AM »
Stopped in the toy aisle at Wal-Mart yesterday while getting some groceries, and they had restocked their OTC.  The pegs were jammed full, but basically consisted of 4-5 figures.  I did find the Endor Generals wave (never saw it during Saga), and picked up Lando.  They had a number of each of these, as well as two full pegs of Bespin Leia.  Also a couple rehash Hans, 3POs, and at least 1 (or more) of each of the Lukes (Dagobah, X-Wing, and Jedi).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2004, 08:50 PM »
Sweet zombie jesus, it's about time. I stopped by Wal-Mart tonight and picked up General Madine. Lando and Han were gone, but I got the one I wanted most from the wave, and that's still good.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2004, 11:14 PM »
Curses!  I knew I shoulda went to WM today... sigh.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2004, 11:31 PM »
This was at the CF Wal-mart. I didn't check the W'loo one, but I doubt they'd have 'em out, since they're so loaded with the earlier waves.

At least the later waves are showing up here. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2004, 12:00 AM »
Ah, ok.   :)  I don't feel so bad then.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2004, 12:50 AM »
I can't say I need a LOT, but what I need I'm a bit concerned over...  More than I have been in a while, and likely because it's some of the highest quality product Hasbro has ever put out...

For the VOTC I still need 2 CHewie's, my 3PO, R2, and 3 Stormtroopers...  Then I'll be at my set goal.

For OTC I need a Gam Guard, Madines, and I'd take Han AT-ST's if I could find them as well as an extra Lando.  I've never seen that wave, in any incarnation, at a store so far.  Only gotten them via trades or through friends and on the Saga cards.  My Madine broke while reviewing it so I'm desperate to replace him...

Beyond that then, I'd be "caught up" and would buy more VOTC STormies if I saw them and had the extra $ I was sure.  Then it's onto the Transition figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2004, 05:37 PM »
I found a Madine at my Wal*Mart today as well, and that completes my OTC collection. I wound up with:

• Dagobah Luke (x2)
  • Dagobah Yoda (x2)
  • Spirit Obi-Wan
  • Bespin Leia
  • Lobot
  • Cloud Car Pilot (x2)
  • Greedo
  • Bespin Luke
  • Greedo
  • TIE Pilot
  • Jawas
  • General Lando
  • AT-ST Han
  • General Madine

I actually had a lot of fun with finding these "waves," though the Bespin figures were real hard to find this summer, and I still haven't seen all the stuff from the last case assortment (with the scanning tech, gam guard, etc).

And for VOTC:

• Han Solo
  • Princess Leia
  • Luke Skywalker
  • Darth Vader
  • Lando Calrissian
  • Chewbacca
  • Stormtrooper (x2)
  • Boba Fett

I finished them last week and continue to see ROTJ figures popping up. Looks like the ESB figures are going to be the tough finds.

It's nice to feel "done" for the year...and I honestly don't know how long I'll feel that way. I'm just not as excited about the rest of the stuff this year, including those Cantina figures. Sure, they're well made, but they were all about dead last in my list of wants. Really, I'm just looking for a Hem Dazon (and a single carded Muftak) to finish my Cantina wants. If I run into them at the store, I'll probably get 'em, but I won't be out searching.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2004, 07:59 PM »
OTC:
Bossk

VOTC:
Han
Vader
Stormtrooper x2
Boba Fett
Chewbacca
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2004, 08:21 PM »
Updated list of what I've got:

OTC:

Dagobah Luke
Dagobah Yoda
Pilot Luke
Jedi Luke
Commtech Han
New Likeness Leia
R2-D2
Bossk
Boba Fett
Scout Trooper
Stormtrooper
Skiff Lando

VOTC:

Han
Leia
Obi-Wan
Luke
Vader
Lando
Fett
Stormtrooper (x2)

After getting 2 more VOTC Stormies, a VOTC Chewie, and 2 or 3 Commtech Stormies and Scouts, I'll be done until the E3 Preview Wave.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2004, 10:06 PM »
Snagged a Cloud Pilot, Lobot, and a Tusken Raider.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2004, 10:59 PM »
Haven't seen the Jawa or Generals waves around here yet.  I think Hasbro rushed through these a little too fast.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2004, 11:21 AM »
Well finally finished out my 04 figs and have a bit of relief to sit back for a bit.  Plus I am caught up on the 05 to date too.  Found the #38 Imperial Trooper and VOTC today.  Also picked up a few more VOTC Stormies. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2004, 01:13 PM »
Gotta love day trips for work.  Stopped at a Kmart and picked up a couple of Cloud Car pilots and the on sale Cantina set #1 (passed on the second one, really can't warrant the purchase).  They also had one each of the BH Playskool sets.  I'm passing on these for now, but will pick them up eventually.

Then stopped at a TRU, not expecting much, but they did had one each of VOTC Boba and Stormtrooper, which I immediately grabbed.  I think I missed Chewie and R2 by literally a minute, as I saw someone walking out with an armful of SW toys.  Also picked up a recarded Stormtrooper - can't have too many of those - and saw remnants of ML wave VII (Iron Man and Weapon X), which I passed on, really only want GR, Apoc, Hawkeye and Vision of that wave.

All in all, not too shabby - I get away from the office during the morning and then hit a semi jackpot.
Common sense isn't so common