Author Topic: VOTC/OTC Purchases  (Read 97096 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: VOTC/OTC Purchases
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2004, 02:08 PM »
Really haven't been looking lately but because of my recent complete disappointment in Kebco, I canceled my account and will start looking again more frequently.

So today, I decided to stroll into Walmart during lunch.  Nothing new down the regular toy aisle, but a few rows down an end cap was filled with OTC cards.  Only picked up the one new figure they, Dagabah R2.  Plenty of IG-88, Bossks, Bespin Lukes, etc. though.  Hopefully, the new figures will start showing up in more abundance.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2004, 05:25 PM »
So far, I've gotten (all at Wal-Mart):

- Dagobah Luke x2
- Yoda x2
- Spirit Obi-Wan
- Bespin Leia
- Cloud Car Pilot
- X-Wing Luke
- Stormtrooper x2
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2004, 05:52 PM »
Scored the Dagobah Wave today...  Got VOTC the other day, though I still need Luke.

K-Mart here got them all in a-plenty but Luke who's MIA I believe still...

My KM was $10.49 a figure while others were $9.99.  From what I have nticed, any KM that wasn't near anything else had them up $.50 while every KM near a WM, Target, TRU or whatever had them at the $9.99 price.  I got mine for the higher price since i'm in BFE and KM is all there is, but reports from the city were vastly different.

Toys R Us had them here as well today when I scored the OTC Dagobah wave at Target and stuff...  Saw remnants of OTC Dagobah wave at a WM as well.

No Bespin Wave, but I'm looking...  Want a Stormie or two as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2004, 06:57 PM »
Saturday I found Dagobah Luke, R2 and Yoda, as well as Jedi Luke, ANH R2, TIE Pilot, Bespin Luke, IG88 and Bossk. Today I added to that Bespin Leia, Lobot, Cloud Car Pilot, Wicket, Stormy, Old Ben, Fett and 3PO. The first batcxh was found at Meijer while the latter was at Wal*Mart. I can't wait to find the other twenty one figures. Unfortunately after that I'll probably have to wait till the end of the year or later before anything new shows up unless they expand the basic OTC line.  

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2004, 07:17 PM »
Well, for vehicles, I'm doing quite well, as I've picked up the Tie, Vader's Tie and X-Wing.

Not so hot for figures. I've picked up a lone Biker Scout. One of only 2 figures I've seen so far. And that's one figure at each of 2 different stores.  ::)  The other was a beat up Obi-Wan Kenobi, which didn't cut it for my MOMC collection.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2004, 09:27 PM »
I've got a trade pending for the OTC Tie (sucker) and Dagobah Luke.  All the VOTC are on order with BBTS and I'll be ending up with extras of Luke, Han, Obi, Leia, Lando and Vader.  I foresee Colman disease setting in with VOTC.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2004, 09:16 AM »
We went on a grocery/house stuff trip to Wal-Mart yesterday, and I was able to pick up the Bespin wave.  They had 3x each of Cloud Car Pilot, Lobot, and Bespin Leia.  They didn't have any other OTC figures out there, but did have the lightsabers as well.  This Wal-Mart had been a wasteland for Star Wars for awhile before this, so maybe all of them are getting some of this product in.  I guess, as far as "new" OTC figures, I'm done for almost the rest of the year now.  That's a strange feeling.  Hopefully Hasbro will have some surprises next week at Comic-Con...until then, the search is on for the VOTC. :)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2004, 09:54 AM »
I found the three ANH VOTC at a local K-Mart yesterday at the 10.49 price point (odd, since there is a Target and a Wal-Mart within a two mile radius of this particular store).  I thought I had come up empty when I saw the unopened case sitting under a bunch of other boxes on a stock pallet.  Against my better judgment (having experienced the wonders of TRU and WM stockers who believe pallet items are sacred and are not actual product to be sold, but a magical portal to a distant enchanted land where they rule they world), I asked one of the employees if I could open the case, she called a toy rep and he came out, helped me move the boxes out of the way and cut the case open for me himself.  I then helped him move the other boxes back, thanked him profusely, and I had my three VOTC figures.  

The Target about a mile or so away had gotten a case of the Dagobah wave, so I was able to pick up a Yoda and complete that set of figures.  All eleven other figures were literally still hanging there as I left, along with one each of the Vader and Luke sabers (although the Saga/CW sabers had magically disappeared and I was hoping to score an Anakin or Obi-Wan saber on clearance, since I still need a blue saber for my armory).  ;D

Still no sign of anything past the Dagobah wave case, Galactic Heroes, or VOTC Luke though.  Once I get the Bespin wave, the Bespin Luke repaint, and the AT-ST Han (which I missed out on in Saga), all I will have to look for from here until the end of the year is the VOTC stuff and the Target Slave I.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2004, 10:06 AM »
I've bought 2 Cases Waves 8 and 9

Have 4 Cases of VOTC on Preorder (1 Wave 1, 2 of Wave 2.5 and 1 of Wave 3)

I'm probably gonna sell all of the recards for the regular OTC so if anyone wants them...speak up now

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2004, 11:03 AM »
I purchased the following so far:
OTC Wave 7 (NewForce)
OTC Wave 8 (EE)
OTC Wave 10 (EE)

And I've got the following Pre-Ordered:
vOTC wave 2.5 (x2 at EE)
vOTC wave 3 (x1 at EE)

I, too, am selling my extra OTC figures, the left-overs from my case purchases.  (shameless plug) :)

Haven't found anything OTC/vOTC at retail yet though...

Jeff
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 11:04 AM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2004, 08:08 PM »
I just found a fresh case of the first round of 12 inch OTC figures. Strangely, there weren't any Stormies, just three each of Boba and Luke. I'd stopped collecting 12 inch, but these looked too cool to pass up.

Here, have a pic too. - M   :-*
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 04:35 AM by JediMAC »

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2004, 06:48 AM »
There are 2 different assortments:

3x Luke
3x Boba Fett

No Stormtrooper ;)Blue suit Boba Fett :)

2x Luke
2x Boba Fett
2x Stormtrooper

Much better and have light green suit Boba Fett  :D
www.starwars-force.com~~"The only Chinese starwars web site"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2004, 01:47 PM »
The TRU here in town received the VOTC shipment, which I came across yesterday.  I'm still working on the Mrs. to get two sets of all of these, but for now I settled on picking up another Han.  I finally have my first VOTC figure opened up now  :P.  Getting a closer inspection, this is really one amazing figure.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2004, 03:39 PM »
Soon, Brian, soon you will join us in opening a whole set of vOTC.

Now that you've had a taste of the vOTC goodness, you'll never be able to resist the rest :)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2004, 03:42 PM »
I know, I so badly want two sets of these.  I think when it comes down to it, I'll be doing the loose set for sure (I just enjoy them more that way), and I'll work on talking the Mrs. into getting carded extras.  For now, just Han and Chewie is what I've been able to pitch...but hopefully all 12 when its said and done.  We'll see...I guess at $10 a piece, it can get a little pricey.

That said, I'm really liking this Han now that I have it opened and have posed it a little.  Part of me just wants to take these 12 figures and display them on their own, away from the rest of the collection.  The line (at least the majority of it), is just so well done.  Is anyone unhappy with this line, or certain aspects of it?  Do you think they are worth the $10 (packaging considered)?  Are you going to display these with your normal collection, or seperately?  Just curious.  They are nice though.  I sometimes wonder if they can improve on some of these any further (Han, Stormtrooper in particular come to mind).