Author Topic: VOTC/OTC Purchases  (Read 97105 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: VOTC/OTC Purchases
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2004, 09:02 AM »
I'm still searching as well, but it is the same around here as many of you have seen.  The OTC sells very quickly, and has dried up pretty well around here.  I can see the VOTC Han, Ben, and Leia pretty regularly, and that is about it.  I'm still on the look out for OTC Bespin Luke, Gam. Guard, Bib Fortuna (possibly), Slave Leia, and maybe some Jawas as well.  I'm really hoping to find a VOTC Vader (and the rest of the line).  Hopefully the last two waves will end up being as easy to locate as the ANH wave, but somehow I doubt that :).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2004, 12:16 PM »
Not that I really need it anymore after finding most of the figures at retail, but here's a copy of an e-mail I got today from EE:

"Thank you for ordering from Entertainment Earth. We are sending this e-mail to you because we have been notified by Hasbro that we will not be receiving any additional shipments of Original Trilogy Basic Figures Wave 9, (Item HS84715M), due to the fact that the manufacturer has discontinued this item for production at this point in time. The item has been removed from your order.  You will be given a $5.00 credit to be applied to future orders to reflect the change in the cost of shipping.

Supply on Star Wars – The Original Trilogy Collection action figures has been very tight.  Hasbro has severely limited production on these items."

I wonder how many other cases/pre-orders will get axed too?

:(

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2004, 01:14 PM »
That's not good to see, although I'm glad that you've found those figures anyways (and hopefully others have/will as well).  Strange though, we already thought/knew that the VOTC would be hard to come by and limited...but is the OTC going to be too?  It is so popular and sells out around here the way it is, without Hasbro "limiting" cases.  I guess that is one reason its not so bad there are rehashes, and some people (not all) won't be feeling as bad if they miss a figure here or there.

I don't see why Hasbro would want to limit this too much, as it is obviously selling very well for them right now (or it at least seems that way).  Plus, the DVD and movie "push" hasn't even gotten here yet, so it should only get better.  I know the OTC flies off the pegs here, and although I'm not being a completist with the line, I haven't really found any of the "rehashes" that I actually did want to pick up (Bespin Luke, Slave Leia, General Lando, Gam. Guard, possibly Hoth Vader, Bib Fortuna, and the Jawas).  Some are still coming up, but still, it is strange to see this "limiting" again, and I feel bad for those of you who have cases ordered of these figures and were counting on them.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2004, 06:46 PM »
I'm still searching too. Stores are picked over.... only OTC Hans and about 2 VOTC Hans are the best I could find.

I've just gotten home from a road trip from NE Ohio to Maine (by way of Boston) and back, making a few WalMart/Target stops along the way...and the only conclusion I can make is that New England is as ruled by Dagobah waves as the Midwest.

I CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME FIND THE BESPIN WAVES!!

Well, okay, that's not entirely true...I did in fact find a Wal*Mart in Scranton PA that had three Lobots warming the pegs (and nothing else, no Aaylas, no Hoth Troopers), and I relieved them of one of him.

And my fiance' had the good luck to pick me up a nice Spirit Obi and Bespin Luke (as well as an OTC Yoda that has the most spot-on paint app I've ever seen. Museum quality!) the other day, so I can't complain too much, I've gotten just about everything I've been looking for...

...except...Cloud Car Pilots... :(

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2004, 07:06 PM »
Those waves have been warming the pegs for a while here and I live in the middle of nowhere in Mass. Even the Cloud Pilots were around for a while, but like most Army Builders they were the first of the wave to go.  Right now, all we have is around 20-30 Han OTC. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2004, 09:53 PM »
I just found the carry cases today. I have no idea what their price is, but I'm willing to gamble it's more than I want to pay.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline habs98

• Jedi Initiate
  • Think before you speak to me!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2004, 09:06 PM »
I purchased Cantina Scene 1 yesterday.   Don't know if I'm the only one who thinks the paint job on this thing absolutely sucks!

Offline Mike16

• Youngling
  • As you wish...
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2004, 06:56 AM »
Got the new Falcon yesterday. Some nice features but not painted aswell IMO. Needs more weathering.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2004, 10:41 AM »
Just out of curiosity, for those of you who have found the Yoda/Vader/Luke VOTC waves (usually at TRU from what I've seen), have you seen them again since then?  I was just curious...a week ago I found Yoda and Luke, but obviously missed the Vader, and was wondering if they will be out again soon, or if we have to wait for another shipment.  At the time, I was told they got two "boxes" that day...I last checked there on Wednesday I think, and all they had were Hans.  No big deal, just curious how they were shipping if anyone knew.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2004, 11:46 AM »
Mosnab, I've seen that wave show up once and once only here as well. It was at a TRU, they seemed to have one case and that was that.

I'd assume they're in the pike for other stores, but I couldn't put a guess on when. Seems like everyone is still putting out those first couple cases of stuff. I hope the retailers didn't blow it again by ordering enough of the first few waves to fill their own warehouses till Christmas. It's happened before...

Remember back at the height of Saga when Hasbro was aggressively marketing these things but the shelves were crammed with the first couple cases of figures? Remember drop shipments arriving at every KB in the country on the same day of the newest waves? Hopefully they'll be ready to take care of us again, clearing the VOTC that don't move to make way for new waves. Maybe we'll see special Obi-Wan/Han Solo two-packs offered for six bucks someday...

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2004, 12:52 PM »
Just out of curiosity, for those of you who have found the Yoda/Vader/Luke VOTC waves (usually at TRU from what I've seen), have you seen them again since then?  I was just curious...a week ago I found Yoda and Luke, but obviously missed the Vader, and was wondering if they will be out again soon, or if we have to wait for another shipment.  At the time, I was told they got two "boxes" that day...I last checked there on Wednesday I think, and all they had were Hans.  No big deal, just curious how they were shipping if anyone knew.

I have found them on 3 seperate occasions at my two Walmarts.  Even yesterday there was still 2 Lukes and 2 Yodas left.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 1, 2004, 08:01 AM »
Well, I just received notice that my Vintage wave 2.5 is being shipped.  It should be here by Friday so this will be nice since I haven't found Luke yet (nor anyone from ESB).
Beth

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 9, 2004, 08:27 AM »
After reading Scott's report of finding VOTC 3PO and Lando at TRU, I decided to go check out our local store here yesterday afternoon.  Luckily enough, I found a Vader, Lando, and a C-3PO.  I guess I'm all caught up until the ROTJ figures start hitting, thanks for the tip Scott.  Definitely check your local TRU, because if we had them here in Nebraska, they could be anywhere :).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #88 on: September 9, 2004, 08:49 AM »
Sweet find Brian!  Glad I could be of some use :P...folks...they are in Nebraska, they should be everywhere by now ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: September 9, 2004, 11:33 AM »
After reading Scott's report of finding VOTC 3PO and Lando at TRU, I decided to go check out our local store here yesterday afternoon.  Luckily enough, I found a Vader, Lando, and a C-3PO.

Excellent Score!

Congrats on the find, Brian.   :)

As for the case assortment debacle with Hasbro, it looks like NewForce is getting shafted by Hasbro big time as well. 

They got only 50% allocation of their wave 1.5 order, they never got wave 1, and they are just now recieving a small portion of their wave 2 orders despite the fact that the big brick and mortar boys are now getting wave 2.5 into the stores.

Hasbro is really screwing the e-tailers over big time with the OTC.  I'm starting to wonder what the cause is...

Are the big boys (Target, Wally, TRU) ordering up more than usualy numbers of product to support the DVDs OR did Hasbro really cut back the overall production numbers on this line?

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender