Author Topic: VOTC/OTC Purchases  (Read 97319 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: VOTC/OTC Purchases
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2004, 01:29 AM »
I'm finally caught up with the OTC (the figures I wanted from it) and thus caught up on all basic figures until the Prequel wave hits.  I found General Lando and Madine at a Target early this week, then Thursday night I read on scum that the walmart by my house had that wave as of 5 minutes to closing time. So after work friday morning, I stopped by and sure enough there they were and I scored the AT-ST Han to round out the OTC. Now I just need to find the elusive C-3PO to round out the VOTC. Anyone know when the Prequel Senate/Padme wave is coming out?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #136 on: November 1, 2004, 03:49 PM »
VOTC
 - all except for R2-D2 and Boba Fett (can't find either)

OTC
 - Luke Dagobah
 - Luke Bespin
 - Leia Bespin
 - Lobot
 - Yoda
 - Spirit of Ben
 - Cloud Car Pilot
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 2, 2004, 01:16 PM »
Aaaahhh. I was just lucky enough to find the Imperial Trooper at my local K Mart store. Not only was it nice to find something new at K Mart for a change but also to find the last OTC figure to complete the set. Whew, I can rest for a bit now... until those transition waves start hitting!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 2, 2004, 01:42 PM »
Just completed my VOTC set with Chewie and R2.  Suprisingly, the Target I frequent the most had plenty along with the Bespin, Imperial Trooper OTC wave after being completed void of anything worthwhile recently.  For now I'm caught up on completely new figs and the only thing I want to pick up are the repainted Jawas.  Waiting for the Naboo / Coruscant wave.

This Target also had a new stock of Playskool 2 packs.  Picked up the stormtrooper set and Chewie / R2.  These were the first sets I bought (2 pack anyway, have the older sets minus the Falcon) and will now probably sporadically pick up the other ones.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 2, 2004, 02:15 PM »
Hey Mikey, if you see more of the trooper, can you snag some for me?  I need a few. 

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 2, 2004, 02:21 PM »
How many you need?  They had at least 2, possibly more.  I could pick them up on the way home tonight.  LMK.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 2, 2004, 02:23 PM »
I'll take as many as five, but one or two would be fantastic.  Thanks. :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 2, 2004, 02:29 PM »
I'll see what I can do.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 2, 2004, 05:08 PM »
I finally found VOTC Boba, Stormtrooper, and Lando at Toys R Us.  Still need to find Vader, Yoda, R2, 3PO, and Chewy. 

Also I found tons of Madine, Lando, and Han ATST at Target this past weekend.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 3, 2004, 10:43 AM »
So how is everyone sitting on their "lists" for the year?  Are you about caught up in the VOTC/OTC areas, or are there a few more to go?  Things have hit a bit of a standstill around here.  The two Targets and Wal-Mart that I have most recently visited are all packed to the gills with OTC Generals and Bespin Leia.  A few other figures here and there, but all older OTC ones.  I have pretty much what I want from the OTC line, but I'd still like to for sure pick up a Gamorrean Guard (which hasn't yet shown here), and possibly figures like Bib Fortuna and Slave Leia (just because I don't have them in my collection in modern form...other than the Leia glass set), and maybe the Hoth Vader (I'll decide when I see him).

VOTC has been pretty dry here for awhile.  Basically nothing but the ANH figures sitting everywhere, although I will admit that surprisingly the stock seems to get lower and lower every couple weeks.  They are still hanging for quite awhile, but its slowly getting better.  Targets have absolutely no VOTC on the shelves, but the ANH wave is hanging at Wal-Mart and TRU.  I originally had hoped to get doubles of each, one to keep carded, one loose, but as the price started to hit me more, I abandoned that plan.  I have an extra Han, and would like to get an extra Chewie if I happen across one, but that is about it.

Overall, I'm basically going to be keeping an eye out for the OTC Gamorrean Guard, Bib Fortuna, Jawas, Slave Leia, and Hoth Vader, and possibly another VOTC Chewie.  It is nice to see the end of things, and probably have a little break unless the 2005 figures start showing up at retail.  Other than that, its just catching up on the Galactic Heroes and any new Unleashed that show up the rest of the year.  So, what are you still looking for?  Are you about done with the "OTC"?

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 3, 2004, 11:20 AM »
Finished off almost everything for this year.  Spent a buttload of money though in the last week.  Completed my OTC about a month ago and began picking up multiples this past week or so.  Picked up:

OTC Y-Wing
OTC Gam Guard
OTC Vader Hoth
OTC Bib Fortuna
OTC Imperial Trooper
OTC Han AT-ST
OTC Jawas x2
OTC Tusken Raiders x2
OTC Stormtroopers x2
4 more VOTC Stormtroopers
VOTC C-3PO
Sandcrawler
Cantina Bar 2
All 11 Playskook 2-packs
OTC Millennium Falcon
2 Silver Vaders

This doesnt include all the money I wasted on ebay in the last week (Theater Luke, Cinema Scenes (5), Exclusives (4), about 25 carded POTF2 figs)

Still need Target Slave 1 and the Naboo 4-pack. If anyone can help me out with the Slave 1 drop me an email.   Also the last wave of Star Tours figs if they ever get released.  Got my first wave of the  2005 case and have the cantina wave on order with EE, so should be seeing them by years end.  Thank the maker for Bonuses here at work. 
« Last Edit: November 3, 2004, 11:25 AM by rebeltrader »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #146 on: November 3, 2004, 11:32 AM »
Here's the stuff that is still on my "needs" list that I will probably find in 2004:

* 2005 Cantina Wave (due Nov. from EE)
* OTC-38 Imperial Trooper (x2)
* TRU Jedi Scene 3 and 4

That's about it.  I have caught up with my vOTC and I only need the Scan trooper for OTC.  I managed to find all the other stuff that I wanted, but I did pass on a lot of stuff this year thanks to all the re-hashes (Y-Wing, Vader's TIE, OTC re-hash TIE and X-Wing and more).

I guess I do have some other stuff I am tracking on the needs list, but these items probably won't show up before the end of the year:

* GH Tatooine Wave (Jedi Luke/Gam Guard, Skiff Lando/Nikto, Jawa/Tusken)
* Target Figure w/Cup Wave 2 (Han, Yoda, Fett)
* Star Tours Wave 4

I doubt that stuff will hit before Christmas though...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 3, 2004, 03:10 PM »
Forgot all about the Council 3 and 4 set.  This thing still slated for this year? 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #148 on: November 3, 2004, 03:13 PM »
TRU Jedi Set 3 and 4 (junky though they may be), were both due mid-November, probably in time for the Post-Thanksgiving shopping crunch.

I think Amazon.com had a 11/15 date on them or something...
edit: just checked and they are listed as available 11/20 at Amazon.com, so yeah, just in time for Thanksgiving crunch

Jeff
« Last Edit: November 3, 2004, 03:15 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 3, 2004, 06:07 PM »
TRU Jedi Set 3 and 4 (junky though they may be), were both due mid-November, probably in time for the Post-Thanksgiving shopping crunch.

I think Amazon.com had a 11/15 date on them or something...
edit: just checked and they are listed as available 11/20 at Amazon.com, so yeah, just in time for Thanksgiving crunch

Jeff

Thanks!  Whats sad is so many people slamming this set including myself.  But since weve bought the first few sets, were suckers for the rest ???  Sometimes I think Hasbro has a better grasp on my balls then my wife ;D