Author Topic: VOTC/OTC Purchases  (Read 97092 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: VOTC/OTC Purchases
« Reply #150 on: November 6, 2004, 08:26 PM »
BBTS has these in stock:

OTC Vintage: Boba Fett  $12.99.

OTC Vintage: Chewbacca  $14.99.

OTC Vintage: Stormtrooper  $13.99.

OTC Vintage: R2-D2   $12.99.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #151 on: November 6, 2004, 08:48 PM »
Finally found a carded and opener set of the Endor Generals today, and I had to go to a city 45 miles away to do it.  ::)

And, I got another VOTC Stormtrooper, MM7 Robocop, and Superposable Frodo.

What a day. :o
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 6, 2004, 09:14 PM »
BBTS has these in stock:

OTC Vintage: Boba Fett  $12.99.

OTC Vintage: Chewbacca  $14.99.

OTC Vintage: Stormtrooper  $13.99.

OTC Vintage: R2-D2   $12.99.

They also have 3PO at the bargain price of $18.99. ::)

That store used to be a good place to get stuff, but now they'll little more than Brian's Toys wannabes. >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #153 on: November 7, 2004, 03:23 AM »
Welp,

Today at the local get-together (at Bobafett14's house), I was able to score a VOTC R2 and 3PO from the infamous "Blue_Harvester", Dave. 

He helped me pretty much clear up my VOTC wants other than Chewie who is supposedly in route to my house as we speak...

Beyond that now, I'll only need "extras" of certain VOTC...  Maybe one more Fett, another Chewie, and any Stormtrooper I can get ahold of that I feel I've got $10 to blow away on another Stormtrooper.

OTC I need the Gam Guard only really...  I could live without the Scanner tech, though if I saw one I'd maybe nab him just for the "variation" in him.

The Gam Guard's eluded me though.   :-\

Beyond that then, I'll need OTC Transition figures like the Cantina wave, the Naboo figures, and the Coruscant figures.  Then I'll be 100% set till (I guess) E3 product...  Unless there's surprise stuff coming.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 7, 2004, 12:59 PM »
Just picked up 2 more VOTC Stormies!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #155 on: November 7, 2004, 04:35 PM »
Bah humbug.  I still haven't even seen a VOTC Stormie, much less any OTC generals or Jawas.  Sigh.  Nothing doing around here at all.  At least Ben is finding stuff.  I went to Chicago last weekend and found nada. 

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 7, 2004, 05:03 PM »
Sorta been out of the loop, the Generals are hard to find in OTC?

Two weeks ago when I found mine there were about 10 pegs full of that wave and the Bespin one. For once, SC is ahead of the game I guess.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 7, 2004, 07:22 PM »
Sorta been out of the loop, the Generals are hard to find in OTC?

Two weeks ago when I found mine there were about 10 pegs full of that wave and the Bespin one. For once, SC is ahead of the game I guess.

It depends where you are. Some areas have these everywhere, as well as Gam. Guards, Bib, Jawas, Tuskens, and Scanning Crew members.

Darby and I have a massive glut of earlier waves at Wal-Mart, and not a goddamn thing at any other store. It really does suck here.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 7, 2004, 09:43 PM »
Ah, see we had the earlier ones like 2 including when they showed up with the Generals.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 8, 2004, 08:39 AM »
I was able to fill out most of what I was looking for from the OTC line this weekend.  Stopped by Target, and they had the later figures (not the Scanning Trooper though).  I picked up a Gammorrean Guard (last one), a Bib (just because I don't have a modern one), and the Hoth Vader.  Had the Slave Leia in the basket too, because the only one I have is the glass set one, but ended up putting it back.  Decided since I already technically "had" the figure, I didn't need to buy this version.  They had two vOTC on the pegs at this particular Target, 1 Obi Wan, and (surprisingly) 1 Boba Fett.  Still no Slave 1's out on the floor there, although that is where I got mine (via the DCPI#) a month ago.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 8, 2004, 09:13 AM »
Finished what I needed when I picked up the Jawas Friday night at a TRU.  Also picked up a VOTC stormtrooper to open.  Now I just have to wait until the transition Naboo and Cantina figures hit.  In the meantime, I think I'll finish my GH Playskool collection and hopefully find some ML VII figures.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 11, 2004, 09:13 AM »
Our local Wal-Mart has apparently had a toy explosion now.  All their toy lines are pretty much stocked full (except for LOTR, which still only has 5-6 figures, but anyways).  I couldn't believe all of the VOTC they had there yesterday.  We stopped off for some groceries, so I decided to take a stroll through the action figure aisle.  The OTC and VOTC pegs were both overflowing, and with the VOTC there were so many that they had to stack them up on the shelves below.  I saw at least 3-5 of every VOTC figure, with the exception of Chewie, R2, and 3PO...of which I saw none.  I talked the Mrs. into letting me pick up another stormtrooper.  I was so tempted to get more, just seeing all of those in person.  Man, I wish these were only $5-$6 each :).

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2004, 07:23 PM »
Received a parcel today from an order I placed, strange to have a delivery here on Remembrance Day   ??? 

My VOTC set is done, more than happy with it.  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2004, 09:26 PM »
I completed my VOTC at the local meeting in Pittsburgh here last weekend, so now I just need my extras (Stormies), maybe an extra Fett and Chewie, and then I'm 100% done on VOTC. 

Then I need a Gam Guard, Scanner tech, and if I ran into one and felt it was worthy I'd ponder getting a Bib, but probably not.

Then, onto the post OTC....

It feels good not being WAY far behind like I had been for a while.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2004, 10:17 PM »
Still need Bib, G. Guard, both upcoming Vaders, Jawas, Snowtrooper, Tusken Raider, Lando Skiff, Slave Leia, Leia (OTC #9), and a two or three Scanning Crew Members. Then the Post-OTC swag.

The case I ordered from EE of Jedi wave vintage figs shipped yesterday, and I think I might have and extra Fett or R2 to unload. I haven't decided on that though.