Author Topic: Sandtrooper Builder Set  (Read 2301 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Sandtrooper Builder Set
« on: February 21, 2003, 11:24 PM »
Below you will see a link to my review on the Sandtrooper Builder Set, which can be purchased online at Entertainment Earth.  I just got my two sets that I recently pre-ordered today, and have some good and bad things to say about it.  Thanks!

http://www.chrisrhoads.com/starwars/sandtroopers.htm

« Last Edit: July 6, 2003, 03:42 PM by dustrho »
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Sandtrooper Builder Set
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2003, 12:04 AM »
I picked up a few sets from Entertainment Earth a couple days ago when my pre-orders finally came in (they're only 10 minutes away from my house).

I love that we finally got some variously colored pauldrons on some Sandtroopers finally, and that Hasbro was nice enough to mix them all up with one of each in this army building set.  I'm also glad to see that they're the clean variety - no dirt.  Though I wouldn't mind just a little bit of dirt, Hasbro usually goes way overboard on the application of it, so if I had my pick I'd take clean.

I'm pretty bummed that the binoculars weren't included for whatever reason though.  Bizarre.  We did get the nice clear stands however.  I would've loved some extra articulation, especially since he doesn't have the binoculars for which is arms were specifically posed.  Looks pretty lame holding his gun down at his waist - you can't even make him look like he's firing.  But I think (Chris) that this revised version of the Imperial blaster from the POTJ era is more accurately scaled than the huge guns from back in the POTF2 era.  But I agree that the flimsy rubber from which it was made is totally pathetic.

All in all, I'm happy to get these guys, and they definitely add to the variety in my collection and dioramas...

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re:Sandtrooper Builder Set
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 07:20 PM »
Anyone notice that Entertainment Earth changed the picture of these on their website?  They probably got a bunch of complaints about not getting the binoculars or figs with painted sand effect on them.  I would have complained, but who would have listened?
dustrho

Offline hansloroll

• Youngling
  • attempting to complete my vintage collection
    • View Profile
Re: Sandtrooper Builder Set
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 10:49 PM »
I'll be ordering them soon.Gotta have my armies.
attempting to complete my vintage collection .Available for sculpting and painting.cantina monsters and droids a favorite project.