Author Topic: Justice League/Justice League Unlimited  (Read 2528 times)

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Justice League/Justice League Unlimited
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 05:38 PM »
I still pick up this line from time to time when they release figures I dont already have. Like Fire and Ice. What is annoying is the three packs that always have more Batmen and Superman with one or two new figures. I dont need the extras!! I know they are cheap enough. But save some plastic. And release them all single-carded.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 03:18 PM »
Again, I know not many people collect/care about this line anymore - and although I haven't bought any for quite some time now, I have to say I hope I can pick up the new Question figure - premiered HERE at AFI.  I have to admit that I knew next to nothing about the character prior to the JLU TV show, but I really liked their interpretation on there and it has even made me want to go back and see if I could find some older comics featuring the Vic Sage Question (since that is changed now).  Anyways, figure looks nice for the JLU line, and I hope we see a DCUC versions in the short term as well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 5, 2009, 06:31 PM »
I know not many (if any) people collect this line here anymore, but I thought THIS was ridiculous.  Basically "go buy our pegwarmers at Target so we can send out new stuff".  I don't really actively collect this line, but do have several in a rubbermaid packed away - and do check it out from time to time.  I wouldn't say the future is looking real bright for these from here on out though.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 5, 2009, 08:08 PM »
If Hasbro puts out a press release asking us to empty the pegs of Yarna and the Organas I think I'd have to tell them where to shove them.

E...
"Microsoft and Sony are acting like divorced parents fighting over kids.  MS tries to lay down the law, Sony buys them beer and pot." - @DanStapleton

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 4, 2010, 03:37 PM »
I need to track down the new Aquaman and Firestorm. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 5, 2010, 12:32 AM »
I saw some new Batman single carded figures at Target yesterday.  I was surprised, I thought this line was dead.  I forget what other characters were out but they were on newish looking cards.

E...
"Microsoft and Sony are acting like divorced parents fighting over kids.  MS tries to lay down the law, Sony buys them beer and pot." - @DanStapleton

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 5, 2010, 10:27 AM »
I saw some new JLU singles at Target for the first time in a long time this week as well.  I remember seeing Batman, Green Arrow, Star Sapphire, Aquaman (Orange/Green version from S:TAS), and at least one other character I'm forgetting right now.

Just an update, we were at Target today and I ended up picking up the orange/green Aquaman to sort of finish out the "Super Friends" look to the JL figures that I have.  Anyways, just wanted to note that these are now priced at $8.99 (!).  I was tempted to get a couple others, but at $9 each for this line (which used to be $5 or less), I passed.  I understand that they are store exclusive and everything, but they have been for awhile now.  I guess once they officially confirm something as a "collector's" line, it is time to jack the price up.  Not surprisingly, all of them (aside from the one I picked up), have been sitting there all week.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2010, 08:46 PM by Brian »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 8, 2010, 09:38 AM »
I never noticed the price but that would explain why I don't think any have sold at my store.

I read that Mattel was looking to push the price on all their superhero lines at retail, including an eventual $20 price point for DCU.  Basically, turn all the lines into collector only oriented toys.

E...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 8, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Yeah, now that you say that, I believe that DCUC was priced at $14.99 at our local Target as well.  Those types of prices will really price me out of a lot of "other" line stuff I'd be buying.  I know that Target is sometimes known for raising the prices after a reset, then eventually lowering them, but if it is that way across the board that is getting a bit out of hand.  The $9 JLU price in particular is crazy, since the majority of most of those figures are just re-uses anyways.