Community > Conventions

Pittsburgh's "Steel City Con" Toy & Collectible Show

<< < (31/38) > >>

Jesse James:
Hey!  Backoff!  She's mine!

bobafett14:
Hey,

You ever pick a place for diner that Friday night?

Jesse James:
Check the Pittsburgh section under our Mission Logs here.  I'm going to try for a headcount soon!

Jesse James:

It's that time of year again...  Pittsburgh's Steel City Con returns on December 7th, 8th, and 9th!  Will you be attending?  Here's some details you'll want to check out!

First, the convention is located at the Monroeville Convention Center, which is located off the Pennsylvania Turnpike, and is minutes on the Parkway East from downtown Pittsburgh in Monroeville, PA.

The Monroeville Mall is the filming location for the original Dawn of the Dead, and is right beside the Monroeville Convention Center.  It's a nice little attraction for zombie film fans who maybe want to check it out too.

There are several convenient hotels in the vicinity!

If you're planning on attending, it's highly recommended you  Buy A 3-Day Pass Early, as it gets you early admission into the show, and you also get a goodie bag valued at more than the price of the early 3-day pass itself.  Hurry and order as time is running out!

The December show is always the biggest, and doors open Friday at 2 P.M.!  The show always has a varied guest list, and this one is no different.

Guest List:

* Louis Gosset Jr.
* Cassandra Peterson "Elvira"
* Sergeant Slaughter
* Richard Hatch "Capt. Apollo"&

* Peter Mayhew
For the Star Wars fans!

While Chewbacca himself is a great addition for the fans, there will also be members of the 501st Garrison Carida on hand costuming and taking pictures with the fans!  They're also taking Star Wars Toy Donations they'll hand out at children's hospitals throughout the year!

Likewise, members of the Pennsylvania Star Wars Collecting Society (including yours truly) will have a booth set up.  They'll be taking toy donations as well, and will also be selling their 2012 LFL sanctioned Charity Medallion at the show, which is for a very good cause.

The PSWCS membership are also planning to dine after the show Friday.  Contact me privately either on here, or at jmccracken@jedidefender.com, if you're interested in joining the dinner after the show Friday evening.  It's very close to the convention center so even if you're from out of town it's easy to get to!

Look forward to seeing you at another great Steel City Con![/list]

bobafett14:
Really looking forward to dinner, and to the show.  Won;t be buying much, but you never know, usually walk out with a little something at each show.

Be good to see you again my man!  Been a while.

I'll have the "box 'O crap" to do some trading.  I'm hoping some folks bring the new Topps cards, I'm hoping to trade some of the misc small stuff I have to try and piece the set together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version