Author Topic: Rise of the Empire carries on!  (Read 39666 times)

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
Rise of the Empire carries on!
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2006, 04:37 PM »
Here's my attempt at an Imperial sniper in the early days of the newly formed Empire.  I LOVED making this figure.  I'm pleased with the removable heads and the camo job is more earth based than my usual camo jobs.  My belief is that the empire would use a basic imperial blaster with an augmented sighting system for sniper duties.  I also included another helmetless sniper head because I believe that any sniper would prefer not to wear a bulky helmet when sighting in on their prey. 

The visor is hand sculpted over a saga sandtrooper helmet.  Once again I borrowed this idea from the great idea maker Sithfire30.  The backwards kepi is another cast Jerjerrod piece and all of the webbing is hand made vinyl.  PLease tell me what you think

By the way this trooper is stationed on the planet Endor on a scouting mission 23 years before the events of ROTJ. 

« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 04:46 PM by Outrider »
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Empire carries on!
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2006, 05:08 PM »
Already commented at GalacticArchives: outstanding figure and an original take on the sniper gun. Welcome back in the game!

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2006, 04:36 PM »
 :'(Sorry for the Late reply :PThe Figures Look AWESOME!! I love'em paint,costime are cool great job!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2007, 03:13 PM »
That sniper is amazing! Swappable helmet and awesome paint scheme, nice job!
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Happy Noodle Boy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2007, 08:58 PM »
Awesome work on this custom. Love the paint scheme. It would definitely blend with the Endor environment.

My only critique is that the standard blaster doesn't look appropriate with this figure. Traditionally snipers use long rifles. The sight tube looks a bit bulky for this weapon too. Maybe use a longer rifle and trim down the sight? Just a suggestion.

I really like the straps on the chest and the holster.

Keep them coming.