Author Topic: MTV Desperate for ratings-Now with 100% More Video!  (Read 34174 times)

Offline RJP

• Youngling
  • Hi! I'm Tammy from CA
    • View Profile
    • RJP'S PAGE
Re: Famine, your very own TV Star! (Soon to be, anyway!)
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2004, 12:54 AM »
Cool. we'll be on the lookout for ya ;D

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2004, 06:32 PM »
She's hot, but she looks like she would be a regular high school chick.  They should have hired someone more "stripper-esque."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2004, 06:38 PM »
A re-enactment of the day getting ready for the prom was shot by MTV crews Sunday at Rumor's For Men in Latham. Curdgel's day at the salon included a private pampering session complete with haircut, highlights and a manicure.

Kevin, you may want to check out this thread of mine, created last year:

Are you metrosexual?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2004, 06:46 PM »
Watch the footage. Like how they pronounce my last name wrong?

Kevin

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2004, 06:48 PM »
A re-enactment of the day getting ready for the prom was shot by MTV crews Sunday at Rumor's For Men in Latham. Curdgel's day at the salon included a private pampering session complete with haircut, highlights and a manicure.

Kevin, you may want to check out this thread of mine, created last year:

Are you metrosexual?

Looks like the link to the quiz is dead.

I was gonna take it again to see if I've become more metrosexual over the last 6 months.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2004, 06:56 PM »
Dude.  You.  Rock.

(except for all that girly $h!t with your hair and nails  :P)

I've got a helluva lotta pix around the forum here, but it's entirely different to watch a minute long video of one of our forum compadres here.  Too cool!  So, did you hook up with your substitute date for the filming?!   8)

(can't recall now how much play you got with the first one, actually)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2004, 07:59 PM »
Hey, I don't kiss and tell.

Watch the show when it hits the air, and you all shall see.

The mythology of Famine will be revealed.

Kevin

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: My Prom Adventure--With a Stripper?!
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2004, 09:57 PM »
Thought I'd bump this--surely we don't need two threads about this same exact topic, do we?

Signed,

Virge
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2004, 09:59 PM »
Thought I'd bump this--surely we don't need two threads about this same exact topic, do we?

Signed,

Virge

Gregg, is that you?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2004, 10:07 PM »
Gregg, is that you?

Surely someone with greater Photoshop skills than I could take my bear head, stick it on Greggggg's rugby-shirted body, and make a joke out of it.

Do you hear that, smileyfaceguy?  

I miss you.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2004, 10:34 PM »
Gregg, is that you?

Surely someone with greater Photoshop skills than I could take my bear head, stick it on Greggggg's rugby-shirted body, and make a joke out of it.

Do you hear that, smileyfaceguy?  

I miss you.

I can get it tomorrow at work - and make it look so good you'll swear you actually are Gregg.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2004, 10:55 PM »
Well, my senior prom was like this:

I get suckered into going. I had ZERO interest in going, I hated pretty much everyone in my class, and it was the last thing I wanted to do. Somehow I get hoodwinked into going out with this girl, a junior, who, god only knows why, had a crush on me (and she was cute too, so it remains lost on me to this day why she had a crush on me). So, I go through all the BS of getting my tux, blah blah blah.

That night, I go to pick her up and it had been raining. Step in the mud. About the bottom inch of my pants, covered in mud. Damnit.

Meet her parents, sister, take pictures, blah blah blah.

Get to the prom, I've got zero interest in being there. She ditches me and goes and hangs out with her friends. Part of me is mad for getting ditched, part of me is relieved, cuz now I can call her a crazy bitch that never really did have a crush on me, and it was all just a ruse to get into the prom for free (little did I know, she genuinely did have a crush on me (found out a year or so later). But screw that! This chick is crazy! To hell with her!).

So, I hang out the rest of the night, get a pity dance from the girl I had a crush on since the 4th grade (she can burn in hell too). Danced with a few other ladies (only now do I realize those were the girls I truly cared about in HS. I was just too much of an ass to realize it).

Well, prom came and went, and then came postprom. Once again, I'm hoodwinked into going. They've got all kinds of dumb crap going on. Including one of those human fly dealies. Subsequently, a few of my female "friends" talked me into trying it out (they can all burn in hell too). I tried it. It wasn't pretty.

SMACK! I hit the wall. BOUNCE! I dont stick. ROLL! Right back to the floor. CRUNCH! I smash my elbow. BANG! I perform a grade a face plant into the concrete floor.

I still have a big notch in my elbow where the bone chipped. I had a nice fun concussion.

The human fly game can burn in hell too.

Come to think of it, 90% of the people I went to highschool with can burn in hell.

The good thing to come of it? I've managed to legitimately block a good 80% of my pre-college memories. Swear to god! I've got entire years missing, people I supposedly knew completely vanished into thin air! It's actually quite nice. Once I reach a full 100%, I'll be quite happy!

But I'm not bitter or anything.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2004, 10:58 PM »
I can get it tomorrow at work - and make it look so good you'll swear you actually are Gregg.

I hope you aren't bullshittin' me, Zod, because that. . .  that will be a dream come true.