Author Topic: nip/tuck  (Read 19579 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: nip/tuck
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2005, 12:07 AM »
I'd say so...Wow.

The ending threw me for a loop.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2005, 12:26 AM »
I don't know why but I still have a feeling that Quentin has something to do with all of this.

Looks like I should have stuck with my original guess all along. Do you think we've seen the last of Dr. Costa and his sister, or will they be back in cameo appearances from time to time?

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2005, 12:35 AM »
I don't know who they will reveal as the Carver, but Bruno Campos is definately the man playing the Carver.

Told you.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2005, 12:38 AM »
My money is on them coming back some time in the future.  The ending had that whole "Silence of the Lambs" vibe to it. 

Two seasons form now someone will be eating brains out of patients heads and it'll all be on again.   ;D

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2005, 12:52 AM »
Now that it's over...  (I posted right after Quentin got shot, before the twist).

OK - The Carver is dead on the floor.  Nobody notices him still breathing?  Unless that weird jacked was supposed to suppress his chest movement.  Even so... Nostrils move.  Eyes move.  People usually don't die instantly from a torso shot.  That was just a little bit sloppy.

But let's say he's a good actor.  Or he pumped himself with tranquilizer.  Even so... a coroner would take and process the body... put him in the body bag.  He'd notice Quentin wasn't dead.  Then when he walked out of the morgue... somebody would notice. 

I know... it's nitpicky.  It was a good, satisfying ending.  I was hoping it was something deeper than just Quentin, but the circumstances around it really made it pay off.  But for a series with such stellar writing, you'd think the end would be a little more plausible.  I'm all for suspension of disbelief.  But that was just a bit too much.

I wish there was more follow-up on the racist guy, too.  Matt walked in at the end like he just got back from burying the body, but the dinner happened a while after the shooting.  Did they call the cops?  Hide his body?  Maybe we'll find out next season.  I hope this one's quicker to arrive than the last!

I hope I don't sound too negative.  I actually loved it.  It's just sitting down and thinking about it afterwards, you see the holes.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2005, 01:13 AM »
The show has had some issues with continuity in the past.  You don't really always know how much time has passed.  You think it's only a couple days and it's been months or reversed; you think it's been months and it's like three days went by.

I'm sure the Matt thing will come up next season.  Remember the whole hit-n-run storyline?  That played out over a long time.  I'm drawing a blank right now but there was another plot involving Matt that just went away and never came up again IIRC. 

Almost like the writers got to a point and were like "oops, we can't do that, quick, no one mention it again and that'll fix the glitch."

Still, nip/tuck, one of the best shows ever.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2005, 07:05 AM »
Holy ****! :o  That was intense.   You never know what this show is going to throw at you.  How is Matt's tranny friend going to explain his castration?  He obviously had to go to the hospital -- and will need further surgery. 

The ending definately had a Silence of the Lambs feel for me too.  I think that we have not seen the last of them.........

With everything else that happened in the last 30 minutes, the cliffhanger of "What's wrong with Julia's baby?" seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle.  Can't wait until next season.

BTW -- did anyone see the promo for Rescue Me?  I can't believe we have to wait until June for new episodes >:(
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2005, 07:19 AM »
Has the footage of Matt and his Tranny friend been shown before tonight? I had one of the biggest cases of Deja vu I have ever had when I saw that. I KNOW I have seen that scene at some point, and I think it was a while ago. When it came on I seriously felt like I had seen the episode, obviously I hadn't though, and not seen it within the last week but it felt like something I had seen months ago, cause I knew what was going to happen before it started. Maybe it was on Conan or something.

I really enjoyed tonights episode. I really got the feally the cop was Quentin's sister. Right when she was talking about his history, you could kinda read into it from her performance.

Excellent episdoe though, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I may have to go pick up the DVDs at some point to catch up on what I've missed. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2005, 09:40 AM »
Now that it's over...  (I posted right after Quentin got shot, before the twist).

OK - The Carver is dead on the floor.  Nobody notices him still breathing?  Unless that weird jacked was supposed to suppress his chest movement.  Even so... Nostrils move.  Eyes move.  People usually don't die instantly from a torso shot.  That was just a little bit sloppy.

But let's say he's a good actor.  Or he pumped himself with tranquilizer.  Even so... a coroner would take and process the body... put him in the body bag.  He'd notice Quentin wasn't dead.  Then when he walked out of the morgue... somebody would notice. 

Not if Kit pronounced him.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2005, 10:17 AM »
Kit wasn't a medical doctor or a coroner.   So she wouldn't do that.

Has the footage of Matt and his Tranny friend been shown before tonight?

The shot of her holding the gun was in the promo after last week's episode.  It was a really quick shot (so quick I though it was the nazi girlfriend holding the gun), but maybe that's what you remember?
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2005, 11:43 AM »

Still, she probably had something to do with the ease of his removal.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2005, 12:09 PM »
With everything else that happened in the last 30 minutes, the cliffhanger of "What's wrong with Julia's baby?" seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle.  Can't wait until next season.

BTW -- did anyone see the promo for Rescue Me?  I can't believe we have to wait until June for new episodes >:(

The baby problem kind of got lost, but looks like the thread that will tie next season together. 

And yes, I saw the promo for Rescue Me and it's killing me we have to wait till June.  But, we have The Shield coming in a couple weeks so that'll hold us over.  And I think that new show Thief with Andre Braugher (SP?) looks interesting.

As for last night's episode, when they came back from the break at 11 there was a shot of different people removing the Carver mask and the last one to do it was Christian.  And then he got this odd smile on his face like he knew something we didn't...I sat there for a minute and was thinking oh, ****, it's going to be Christian.

Anyone else catch that?

Oh, and I have a question; When did Gina get carved?  Did I miss that somewhere?  When did that happen?

E...

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2005, 01:40 PM »
Oh, and I have a question; When did Gina get carved?  Did I miss that somewhere?  When did that happen?

It didn't show her getting carved -- it only showed her laying on the bed carved up when Sean came in to check on Quentin.  I guess when Gina showed up Quentin carved her too.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2005, 04:48 PM »

Has the footage of Matt and his Tranny friend been shown before tonight?

The shot of her holding the gun was in the promo after last week's episode.  It was a really quick shot (so quick I though it was the nazi girlfriend holding the gun), but maybe that's what you remember?

Nope I definately remembered the whole scene. It must have been on Conan or something at somepoint, because I missed the promo last week, I changed the channel after the show was over and before it came on.
"This is the way."

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2005, 09:01 PM »
I don't know who they will reveal as the Carver, but Bruno Campos is definately the man playing the Carver.

I said, I WAS RIGHT!  :P