Author Topic: OTC Holo Emperor  (Read 25390 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
OTC Holo Emperor
« on: June 7, 2004, 08:32 PM »
But this isn't the only member perk at StarWarsShop.com. Hyperspace fan club members will also have early purchase rights on select hot products, starting with the 2004 Silver Saga Sandtrooper action figure after its Comic-Con debut, and another special surprise item that we'll announce at Comic-Con. Watch starwars.com and StarWarsShop.com for further pre-order announcements, including a top-secret StarWarsShop.com-exclusive figure coming this fall.

THIS outta be GOLD ::)  Can't wait to see the crap that happens for this fiasco
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 08:50 PM by JediMAC »

SilverZ

Re: SWS.com Exclusive Figure
« Reply #1 on: June 7, 2004, 08:35 PM »
Oh goody. This should be expertly handled. They can't manage shipping exclusive Kermit the Frogs properly, now they're going to try an exclusive SW figure. I can't wait to experience this fiasco.  ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: June 7, 2004, 08:54 PM »
What was the last Non-Silverized Exclusive Figure?  Mail Away Mace?

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: June 7, 2004, 09:14 PM »
I think that would be it if you're excluding troop builder sets and the like.

Spoiler territory here...

Is Grevious confirmed as a retail figure? If not, I could see this as the ideal boxed figure ala Mace, Muftak, & Oola. He looks big enough to be a good choice.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2004, 09:50 PM by Tydirium »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 7, 2004, 09:37 PM »
I'll bet my lease on the London Bridge that it's a silver Ugnaught.   ;D

All kidding aside, this has disaster written all over it, as the rest of you have already said.  Did the Fan Club (of which I am aware this is not technically an offshoot of as in the past) ever have an exclusive Hasbro figure that wasn't a complete pain to get ahold of?  

For the record, here is the list of the non-silver exclusive figures over the POTF2/POTJ/E1/Saga era (not counting the Animated Clone Wars figures):

-Mace Windu (1998; Hasbro mail away)
-Muftak and Kabe (1998; Hasbro internet)
-Oola and Salacious Crumb (1998; Fan Club)
-B'Omarr Monk (1997; Hasbro internet)
-Spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi (1997; Lays mail away)
-Cantina Band Member (1997; Fan Club)
-Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise (1995; Froot Loops mailaway)

Did I leave anyone out?  So, as you said, Mr. Bryant ;) the last non-silver exclusive figure was Mace Windu from the end of the 1998 line.  It's been almost six years since then.  Apparently it's not as cost-prohibitive to do a newly sculpted figure as a premium after all; it just has to be done when it benefits you, and with all the bad collector karma from the OTC disaster in the making, Hasbro needs all the benefits it can get.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 7, 2004, 10:48 PM »
Wait, only Hyperspace members get to order the figure? What a ripoff!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: June 7, 2004, 10:53 PM »
Hyperspace Members get first dibs on PreOrders

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #7 on: June 7, 2004, 10:55 PM »
I bet the site crashes in the first five minutes for ordering.

We should get a pool going for it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

« Reply #8 on: June 7, 2004, 11:13 PM »
I'll see you that crash and raise you a heap of lost orders.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: June 7, 2004, 11:27 PM »
This one's perplexing to me as well, but you guys have me fearing the customer service over yonder.

I've not dealt with them, but if it's all I've read I'm not looking forward to trying to get this figure.  The last Insider owners did a half-decent job I felt.  Too bad LFL/Hasbro are in charge now, more or less.  Neither's the swiftest at making people happy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #10 on: June 7, 2004, 11:31 PM »
It's either going to be overly expensive or not worth the trouble (bronze Lobot or something).  It would be nice if it's a figure we've all wanted and would never get otherwise, but those kinds of figures don't exist anymore, do they?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: June 8, 2004, 12:17 AM »
Technically, the last exclusive figure was the Santa Yoda I think...   :P

Should be interesting to see what they do with this one.  I'd guess a Jedi Sacul, but that might be better off for C3, sticking with their previous figure's theme.

But an Ep. 3 preview figure is certainly a possibility, though I hope that's not really it.  They should use their exclusive to get out a real "collector oriented" figure that might not otherwise be good for regular retail outlets.  Something obscure, like a background droid or alien.  Give me the multi-armed orange Treadwell Droid from the Sandcrawler scene, or a Cantina alien.  Just make it something cool from the OT, and not lame and cheesy.  That's not too much to ask now, is it?   :-\

And I wouldn't sweat the Hyperspace membership guys.  They've done this before.  It just means that Fan Club members get first dibs, and barring something weird, there should be plenty of leftovers for everyone else.  You just have to wait an extra month or two, that's all.  I wonder what type of limit they'll put on these things?  If it's a background character from the OT, I'm gonna need at least 4 of 'em!   :-[

SilverZ

« Reply #12 on: June 8, 2004, 12:22 AM »
They should use their exclusive to get out a real "collector oriented" figure that might not otherwise be good for regular retail outlets.

This illustrates how little faith I have in all parties today. I completely forgot about that old mantra that brought us the Monk, Muftak, and Oola.  :-\ Thanks for the reminder. I'll clutch onto this to elevate my inevitable disappointment in what they give us.

I'll bet you it's a kitbashed Power FX Obi-Wan with an AOTC-era Ewan head. Episode 3 sneak peak!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: June 8, 2004, 10:06 AM »
I wish it would be Yarna Da'l Gargan
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 8, 2004, 10:13 AM »
The figure will be.....

Spirit Anakin Skywalker resculpt with Hayden Christensen head.  

There you go, Lucas is happy and it's an OT figure.  Great, eh? ::)

I wouldn't sweat the Hyperspace thing though, this sucker is due around the time we have to renew and we no longer have a choice regarding Hyperspace.  So take your added benefits and swallow like a good little fanboy. :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.