Author Topic: OTC Holo Emperor  (Read 25389 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: SWS.com Exclusive Figure
« Reply #30 on: June 8, 2004, 10:28 PM »
As for the pool, I'll see your site crash & the heap of lost orders & raise you more crushed orders!  :-\

I'm adding compromised credit cards on top  ::)

Um, better not add to that. :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: June 9, 2004, 02:34 AM »
The other option is that its an OTC "vintage" Emperor. They had the mail-away Emperor around the time of ROTJ, so maybe Hasbro's going for the nostalgia sale.

I'm with Ed on this one, especially since I thought the Emperor was the only other figure that really deserved VOTC status.  It also just doesn't make sense to have an exclusive figure that wouldn't interest the vast majority of loose collectors.  They've never rehashed a figure as an exclusive either, aside from the Silver stuff.  I think they'll surprise us with another vintage nod, being an Emperor in a white mailer box.  I sure hope it's in a box, since if it's carded, SWS.com is certain to damage 95% of the ones they ship.   ::)

The VOTC line has a strong focus on soft goods and main characters for it's figures, and this Emperor is obviously a perfect candidate in both of those respects.  Have we ever gotten a soft goods Emperor?  I don't recall one, which is why I was originally hoping for one in the VOTC lineup, instead of the Stormtrooper.  Hopefully I'm belatedly correct on this one, 'cause it's a much needed figure, and would make for a nice apology figure after that atrocious, VHTF, monster-hooded Saga Emperor from last year.

So hold up on the negativity for now, 'cause I think you guys are all gonna be pleasantly surprised on this one!   8)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #32 on: June 9, 2004, 09:11 AM »
I think if the exclusive is the Emperor, just a re-release, well that pretty much sucks.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 9, 2004, 09:29 AM »
I'm concerned that it will just be a re-release of the craptastic Saga Emperor as well, although I really hope that isn't the case.  You would think that they would have to have something a little bit "spiffier" for their "super secret fantasmo unbelievable super terrific exclusive figure", but seeing all the rereleased stuff coming this year it is hard to get past that.  If they did do a VOTC version of the Emperor as the exclusive, with softgoods and a great sculpt, it would be pretty cool though....another nice nod to the vintage days with that mail in offer.  Hopefully we'll get some more details on this soon.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2004, 03:12 PM »
Hmmmm....GH has posted it may be a Holo Emperor...OTC not VOTC :-\

Swami GH

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2004, 03:24 PM »
I guess a Holo Emperor would be better than recarding that awful Saga version, as long as the holo wasn't based on that one.  I was really hoping it would have been a VOTC-style Emperor, with cloth, articulated knees, etc.  That would have been a great nod to vintage days, when you sent in for the Emperor then too.  Plus, to see anything more out of the VOTC line is a good thing.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2004, 03:26 PM »
Not exactly sure what they are planning on here as the Emperor in ESB was only a gigantic Holo head.  Perhaps the new DVD version will be like the PT Holos and be body shots????  Or maybe this new figure will be a gigantic head....hrm

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2004, 03:37 PM »
This:

Plus This:

= This:

Mark my words...

>:(

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2004, 03:51 PM »
Now that would be the lamest thing they could do - so you gotta be right. Not that Holo Sidious isn't a great figure, but it's not the character with an extra 30 years on him.

A holographic version of the Saga version would a hard pill to swallow, too, but if they made the head and hood one piece and addressed all the floating mass in the hood above his noggin, it could be passable.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2004, 04:01 PM »
OK, so maybe the VOTC version I was dreaming of ain't comin' to fruition after all.   :-\  Anything else they're potentially dreaming up with a Holo Emperor is gonna be pretty damned lame, which is not terribly surprising...   ::)

SilverZ

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2004, 04:29 PM »
Not one of my better ones, but here's a Saga approximation:

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2004, 07:27 PM »
A VOTC Emperor, that's an exclusive.  This is kind of weak.  Guess I shouldn't be surprised, though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2004, 01:57 AM »
Theoretically they could be re-releasing holo sidious like this, but that is just a thought...  I doubt that's what they'd do.

I REALLy hope the Saga Emp's not the figure they do the holo thing too.  That'd just not look right.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2004, 05:07 PM »
Theoretically they could be re-releasing holo sidious like this, but that is just a thought...  I doubt that's what they'd do.

I REALLy hope the Saga Emp's not the figure they do the holo thing too.  That'd just not look right.  :(

I think if they do actually release a holo Emepror, it will be the Saga version.  Not once has Hasbro cast a new figure out of new plastic for the OTC repacks.  Remember,  Hasbro is using all of their resources for Ep.# figures.   I would bet on Holo Sidious.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2004, 11:19 PM »

you doubt it? why, did some one else start making star wars figures besides hasbro? then again, holo sidious was one of the harder to find figures, so you're right, they probably won't re-release it.