Author Topic: OTC Holo Emperor  (Read 25388 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: OTC Holo Emperor
« Reply #90 on: October 8, 2004, 03:10 PM »
I got my Emperor yesterday.  Strange side story, I was home all day, and my "tracking number" through FedEx said that it was delivered at 12:12 PM yesterday afternoon, to our front door.  I looked around our entire house, and never saw it, figuring it must have been delivered to a different house by mistake.  I figured I would give it a day, and see if it turned up.  I was standing at our kitchen sink doing some dishes around 6:30, and I see a guy pull up in a red pick up, with gym shorts and a FedEx Polo on, and he runs up and drops the box on our doorstep.  Kind of strange I thought.  Either he said he delivered it, and didn't, then dropped it off later...or it got lost in the shuffle, re-delivered or something.  Anyways, maybe that's for another topic, but we've had consistent bad luck when FedEx delivers something.  Never any trouble with UPS, and no trouble with the Postal Service since we've moved.  Anyways...that's a side note....

I hate Fedex plain and simple.  It pisses me off that they at times leave the box with someone on my street that I dont even know and does not even live  close to me.  I have had to track down packages 3 times in the last couple years because of those bozos.  The first time was for a CD Burner which was related to my work.  The people that signed for it failed to tell me they had the package and when I tracked it down they were away on vacation.   Leaving the package somewhere else just spells laziness to me.  I wonder how much insurance is collected each year on lost packages.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2004, 03:11 PM by rebeltrader »

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: OTC Holo Emperor Shipping
« Reply #91 on: October 8, 2004, 04:11 PM »
JediMAC,

Great news, PM sent.

DBK

All 3 of my Emperors (one for DBK) look nice and mint.  Most pleased I am, other than for the fact that SWS.com keeps charging me sales tax on the shipping costs...   ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 9, 2004, 12:11 AM »
Well, I think I can safely say that the Holo Emperor figures I ordered at the same time I ordered the Padme maquette won't be shipping until the Padme maquette is in stock.  Anyone wanna guess that they'll somehow run out by then ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 9, 2004, 12:21 AM »
Yuck, thats sucks. Hopefully they will be in stock.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 9, 2004, 12:23 AM »
Well, it's my mistake really, I should know better by now not to mix pre-orders with current orders.  I'm sure an email to them indicating that shipping separately is all it will take. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 9, 2004, 12:37 AM »
Well, it's my mistake really, I should know better by now not to mix pre-orders with current orders. 

Strange, I pre-ordered Padme & then I ordered 2 Battlefront figures afterwards. Dave already has my figures & Padme will ship when in stock. They must not like you!  ??? 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 9, 2004, 01:09 AM »
 :D  Why should they be different from anyone else. 

I think the difference is that I placed my order for all items at the same time and their system doesn't allow for individual thought.  It wouldn't bother, except for past experience.  As I said, I should know better.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2004, 10:20 AM »
A little late, but I finally got my figures on Friday night.  They weren't at the door when I got home from work, but they were there when we got home from dinner (sometime between 6pm and 8pm they were delivered.

I am pretty impressed with how well the figure turned out and I am very glad it isn't just the Holo-Sidious repack I figured it would be.  There is one thing that boggles me though...

1) - Why no stand?  The rest of the OTC came with the little black stand, why not the Emperor?

Oh well...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2004, 10:23 AM »
My box looks like it got sat on so needless to say both of my figures are not mint.  Not sure if its because SWS didn't include enough packing peanuts or because the FedEx didn't take note that it said fragile all over the box ::)

So...anyone want to trade a mint one for a non-mint one ::)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2004, 10:33 AM »

PM sent  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2004, 10:36 AM »

PM sent  ;)
Whew, thanks Jeff :)