Author Topic: Ep3 Sneak Preview Anakin's Starfighter  (Read 26984 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Ep3 Sneak Preview Vehicle
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2005, 09:57 AM »
Oops, sorry, thanks Jeff ;).

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 6, 2005, 01:32 PM »
For those of you who like using the DPCI trick at Target:

Post-OTC/2005 Vehicle Assortment ($19.99 each)
Assortment #: 85196
DPCI#: 087-06-1246
* Use this number to help you score the Episode 3 Sneak Preview vehicle!

Now we can all keep tabs on when Target gets in Episode 3 Sneak Preview vehicles!

Around here in NJ there are a couple of Targets that have the DPCI/UPC price scanners that will allow you to type the number in, in lieu of having a UPC barcode to scan.

I've been using the DPCI that Jeff posted above for a couple of days now and still haven't come up with any success. Since Target doesn't have shelf space for this item, my only hope is to enter the code and get someone to bring me a couple from the back - this worked with the Slave I.

Anyway - has anyone had any success finding this ship yet in the US? (doesn't matter which store Target, WalMart, TRU, KMart, etc...)

Thanks.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 6, 2005, 02:32 PM »
I was thinking that the "official" release date for Anakin's ship is on Tuesday... I'll be sure to do a little looking next week to see if I can find it.  No worries though, I'm sure it will show up at most places and be pretty easy to find soon.

:P

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 6, 2005, 03:36 PM »
Meijer ad in the paper today had it advertised as on sale! I believe it was like $16.99.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 6, 2005, 04:08 PM »
I noticed at Target this morning that they had finally marked shelf space for the fighter.  The tag said 19.99 and was "Ep3 Mid Vehicle Asst." or something along those lines.  K-Mart also had a space set aside for it, marked "Star Wars Ep3 Sneak Vehicle" but they were charging $24.99 for it.

Wal-Mart, naturally, has no space put aside for it and their SW section is, as always, a complete disaster area.  Two weeks after the aisle reset is complete and it already looks like a tornado hit the section.

Oh well, I'm hoping it will show up this week sometime as I really do like the looks of the ship.

(completely unrelated, does anybody buy "Teen Titans" stuff?  It seems to never move from where it is yet more and more stuff gets ordered and I never see anyone buying it.  Am I missing something here?)

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 6, 2005, 04:30 PM »
I'm more looking forward to the repaint than this one. :P

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 6, 2005, 04:32 PM »
I don't like Teen Titans in the least bit and neither does anyone I know. A lot of people probably don't even have any idea at all what it is. I've been getting kinda hung up over that one myself actually.

8)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 6, 2005, 06:28 PM »
(completely unrelated, does anybody buy "Teen Titans" stuff?  It seems to never move from where it is yet more and more stuff gets ordered and I never see anyone buying it.  Am I missing something here?)

Ok - I thought this was just me. I liked Batman, Batman Beyond, Superman, Justice League and I like Justice Leage Unlimited. I gave Teen Titans a chance, at first I though, perhaps it's me and I'm finally getting too old to even like super-hero based cartoons and then I asked my son, who likes Justic League and its predecessors. So I said to him "Is Teen Titans good? Is there something I'm not getting" and his response was "Nope, it just stinks".

So - now that WalMart has done the aisle reset, Star Wars shares the same 4ft section with Teen Titans. That stuff is ALWAYS over-flowing into the space that is meant for Star Wars and I kinda find it annoying because instead of calling attention to the fact that they never have SW stuff in, they just sorta fill in the gaps with the Teen Titan stuff to make the shelves look completely stocked. It never moves, it never goes anywhere and I've NEVER seen a kid in the aisle go for any of the figures. I just wonder if the over-abundance of this stuff is just Bandai pulling the wool over the eyes of the WalMart buyer with the simple pitch - "Kids Love Spiderman! Teen Titans is like a group of Spidermen with all different kinds of powers, kids will LOVE this line!"
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 7, 2005, 11:34 AM »
Regarding Teen Titans - comic book = great, cartoon and toy line = the suck.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 7, 2005, 11:56 AM »
I just wonder if the over-abundance of this stuff is just Bandai pulling the wool over the eyes of the WalMart buyer with the simple pitch - "Kids Love Spiderman! Teen Titans is like a group of Spidermen with all different kinds of powers, kids will LOVE this line!"

Bingo.  Some sales wonk convinced either THE COMPUTER at Walmart, or some dork with no clue about toys that these would sell.  Sadly, the other retailers bought the same bull**** >:(  This stuff is everywhere and it's a bloody absurd situation.  Locally, you can barely find anything that is remotely interesting - Marvel Legends - sells remarkably well, good luck finding it (except for the hideous case that Walmart is now getting - a mix of both Punishers, Cable and brown Wolvernine :'(); LOTR - save Gollum, Frodo and Aragorn, everything else sells; Star Wars - uh, what's that?  But I can probably find every damn Teen Titans piece ever made, in spades >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #55 on: February 8, 2005, 02:54 AM »
And if you complained to anyone working in retail, they'd tell you that you just don't know **** about retail and that Teen Titans is selling like gangbusters. ::)

That's why most of them get paid peanuts.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 8, 2005, 08:34 AM »
Well, its Feb 8, anyone having any luck finding the Starfighter today?  I haven't been out yet, but thought about checking later today.  However, I see that Amazon has now pushed their release date back to February 15.  Also, the other vehicles that were up for preorder now have had their "release date" changed from Feb 8 to "item not in stock".  Looks like it will indeed by Apr. 2 for the rest of those, curious about Anakin's starfighter though, hopefully it will still be released this month sometime.  I still don't think I've read about any findings in the US yet.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: February 8, 2005, 02:06 PM »
Starting to get some reports that the Preview Jedi Fighter showed up today at Meijer's on the East Coast.  Apparently it was in the Sunday Ad for $16.99 and they are showing up today.

Shouldn't be much longer and they will be everywhere I would guess...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 9, 2005, 11:58 AM »
According to a poster on the GH forums, someone has found the Preview fighter at a Target in California.  Sounds like they were $19.99 and there was about 5 on the shelf.  Hopefully they start spreading across the country now and everyone can find them soon :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2005, 12:10 PM »
Looks like the Anakin Starfighter preview vehicle is now in stock over at Amazon.com.