Author Topic: Halloween Costumes!  (Read 27989 times)

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Halloween Costumes!
« on: October 20, 2004, 03:09 AM »
here are 2 good cheap halloween costumes

buy some smarties and some crazy glue...................

crazy glue the smarties onto an old pair of pants.............

now you can hit the town as a """"smartie-pants"""" ;D
or

cut out some hot girls from some mags, and get a couple or toy birds...... crazyglue then on you and go out as a
 TA DA """"chick magnet""""" :o

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Halloween Costumes!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 02:18 PM »
Anybody go out to any parties this Halloween? Any good pics? Any great costumes? Let's see 'em.

I had to post this pic of my friend Chris in his homemade Captain Chaos outfit. He took first prize at a local bar costume contest, which was a DVD/VCR combo unit. Not bad. Great costume  ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween pics
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 02:27 PM »
Very nice costume, he even looks like Captain Chaos!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 04:09 PM »
That picture at Scum would just confuse the majority who don't even know who CC is or where he came from.

Long-live Cannon Ball Run!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 10:24 PM »
Terror Inc Presents Halloween 2004 WENT AWSOME! Huge Success! Over 100-150 people came through the haunted house, and alot of donations to the Lions Club were made. It was pretty slammin'!

Pics will hopefully fallow. 8)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 1, 2004, 01:30 PM »
Some Halloween party pics (I know Jamie will appreciate my costume):

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 04:19 PM »
Bump

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 03:17 AM »
Either you're a little late, or a whole lot early with that post.  Can't you see that we're trying to focus on Christmas now?   :P

Funny costume though.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Are You Dressing Up?
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 01:03 AM »
One of the most fun days of the year is coming up - Halloween!  Is anyone planning to dress up, whether at work/school or to take their little ones out trick or treating?

My daughter just turned 4 and I'll be able to take her out for her 2nd ever candy adventure.  So I figure I'd better dress up too...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Are You Dressing Up?
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 03:26 AM »
Well, I have a costume I bust out if a night out is in order... 

Here I was going out in '03 to some of the clubs down in Pittsburgh...  This is at the beginning of the night:

And here I am by the end of the night:

A rough night for any fun loving Shark...  Matt, you ought to appreciate the costume. :)

I ALMOST won a contest that night and that would've landed me a lot of $$$.  I was sort of pissed I didn't, and as is typical at clubs, the $ went to a skanky looking chick and a guy who put about zero effort into his costume by slapping together an outfit and putting a Bush mask on and a Saddam Hussein mask on a stuffed shirt he pinned to his pants like it was "servicing" him.  It was one of about 10 similar outfits I saw...  The girl who got 2nd?  She was the ever-creative "cavegirl" with the meathead boyfriend dressed as a cave man!  Oh..... the imaginations.

I probably didn't help myself by giving people the middle-fin while I was on stage if they were clapping for other people up there.  Was a fun night of drunkenness though, and I had a blast.

This year I've got other stuff going on, so no dressing up is planned, but I can always bust old sharky out when I need him!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 03:41 AM »

And here I am by the end of the night:

Classic. :D My cousin dressed up like that once but that was back in the late 80s when he was about 7 and I was about 3.
"This is the way."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 03:49 AM »
So is Halloween not just a U.S. "holiday"?  I guess I figured it probably was, but it sounds like the Canucks are gettin' in on the action too, eh?  Anywhere else?  Everywhere else?

A rough night for any fun loving Shark...  Matt, you ought to appreciate the costume. :)

Indeed I do, Jess.  Well done.  8)  Love the before and after too...

Can't recall when the hell the last time I dressed up was.  I used to pimp my Freddy Krueger costume during most of my college years long ago, but that's about it.

Have fun and post some pix to whoever's dressing up this year!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 03:52 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 03:50 AM »
That costume, actually, is from the 80's...  I wore the same thing as a kid, and had my best haul in candy ever.  The pattern was still around (you can buy it brand new I guess but it's different) so we just modded the old one and worked from there.

I sewed a skullcap inside it, so the top sat on my head...  The fin kept hitting people and made a great conversation starter actually...  Or drink spiller.

By the end of the night, I actually hadn't drank much at all but I was so hot I was just chilling in the corner of the 80's bar my friends and I wound up at...  Was a good night.

On a Star Wars related note, the first bar where I was and they had the contest, there were a good 5 guys in Star Wars armor of various types including an ARC trooper and the toon hadn't even been out yet.  That kicked ass.  There was a Scout, and some others I recall...  Not all together even though, just coincidentals it seemed, which was neat.

Hardest part about that costume was it basically was like a long dress in that it had no fly to take a leak.  I had to pull the whole thing up and then go through the motions to pee, which made drinking not something too high on my priorities actually.  That plus the fact that it was tough to maneuver in crowds, but I managed.

EDIT:

BTW my buddy's an orthodics guy, he makes prosthetic limbs and such...  He also does make-up effects and things as a hobby for a Pittsburgh Television show called "The Its Alive Show" that airs campy crappy horror films on Saturday's.  Anyway, he makes elaborate costumes for himself, such as the one he wore the year I had my sharky in those pics.

He was a devil, had fold-out wings on a pully rig system on his back that was covered by his prosthetic torso like, and he had goat-leggigngs that covered cloven-hoof boots/shoes that raised him a good 6 inches off the ground (he's already 6'5").  So with all that, he basicallyw as a behemoth demon with these elaborate wings that would unfold and looked like thin skin membranes on a skeletal frame.  Freaky...

He got NO appreciation for his costume when we were out at the clubs but it wasn't complete that night so he could move better, but he did have the whole thing on at a bar out closer to where we live outside the city, and they were giving away either $400, or an old herse (sp).  He won, and took the herse...  It needs a little work but it's running and driveable.  I want to buy it and sorta soop it up for a halloween mobile...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 03:55 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 01:26 PM »
I don't think I'm dressing up, except for donning a purple wig.  Just to make kids pay attention to my son instead of my head. 
This is my son's costume- he put it on as soon as he got home.
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 01:44 PM »
My four year-old son wants us to dress-up -- I think it would be fun.  He wants my husband to be Darth Vader, the baby to be Yoda and your's truly to be either Leia or Padme.  He wanted to be either Luke or Han.  I thought it would be cool to get the whole family in on it --  I mean -- I've ONLY been looking forward to this for years!!!!. 8)  The thing is he bailed on us and now insists on being a scarecrow (again).  ::)  Somehow it's just not the same Trick or Treating in your neighborhood all dressed up if it doesn't have anything to do with your kid's costume (at least for my husband) :-\  We're still trying to persuade him -- though I can't wait until the last minute to throw this stuff together!
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(