Author Topic: The Mustafar Playset...  (Read 32030 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Mustafar Playset...
« Reply #15 on: February 3, 2005, 08:35 AM »
It should include a working volcano that spews lava.  Just joking.  No, I want to see this set badly.  According to the German site 4inches,com (that the name?) it's coming in April.  Hopefully it gets unveiled at Toy Fair. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 3, 2005, 02:15 PM »
The Mustafar playset will probably be the centerpiece of the Toy Fair display, much as the Geonosian Arena was in 2002.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 3, 2005, 04:21 PM »
Id have to see it. Depending on price and size.

Same here. ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 4, 2005, 11:04 AM »
I'm in - even if it is pricey and not exactly what I hope it would be.  If we don't support big playsets, this could be the last one.

:P

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 4, 2005, 07:33 PM »
Knowing Hasbro, it probably will be anyway. ::)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 4, 2005, 11:05 PM »
I'm in - even if it is pricey and not exactly what I hope it would be.  If we don't support big playsets, this could be the last one.

Knowing Hasbro, it probably will be anyway. ::)

I'd have to agree with that. Regardless of what the sales figures on with this playset, I'd have to think that this will be the last of it's kind. With no movies to support it, there would be no reason to make any more after this. Yeah, the hardcore collectors will always buy these, but the mass market probably won't support anything like this without some kind of movie tie-in.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 4, 2005, 11:33 PM »
You're probably right damnit.   :(

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 5, 2005, 10:48 AM »
 :'( :'( :'(

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2005, 10:41 AM »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2005, 11:07 AM »
What are the discs that the pack-in Anakin and Obi-Wan figures are on? Are they FIXED to those bases? If so I am even more disappointed in this playset. I had hope (for some silly reason) that this would be where they would pack in a superarticulated version of each character.

Sometimes, I don't even know why I bother...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2005, 12:14 PM »
They better not be permantely fixed to those bases.  How horrid!

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2005, 12:21 PM »
hard to tell from that pic just what's the deal. probably once we get more pics showing more detail, it'll answer our questions. I didn't get the arena playset, didn't have room for it, but I might just have to get mustafar because of its significance to the story.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2005, 12:29 PM »
I agree that there is a chance that this could be the LAST playset ever put out by Hasbro. While I deep down had hoped that they would simply re-release the old Death Star and Ewok Village playsets, that hasn't happened.

Like with the Arena playset, I will be getting this just because I am a completist. With the Arena however, I didn't get a second one until it went on clearance. I might wait for the same thing to happen here for my opener one. I do want to get it simply because of the importance the planet Mustafar plays in the birth of Darth Vader as he is in the OT.

I guess in my mind, I was hoping for something more like the Theed Generator Complex playset from TPM - only a bit bigger - in other words, little areas where you could plug Anakin and Obi-Wan in and recreate sections of the Duel. I never imagined that they would actually try a "lava" feature - any attempt at a lava feature is a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" scenario:
1) If the lava is just painted and doesn't do anything, that might be viewed as lame
2) If the lava is like an "ooze" then parents will be hesitant simply for the "I don't want that crap getting into my rugs or furniture" factor
3) If it doesn't look good, collectors who only buy stuff based on looks will just pass
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2005, 12:43 PM »
Yeay... I think they should have gone for a realistic mountain look... the lava could have just been the transparent looking stuff that comes with the Unleashed Anakin and Obi Wan... looks like a transparent piece is coming with this though.  I guess that rock at the top is supposed to be an action feature.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2005, 02:49 PM »
Anyone else notice how the Mustafar playset box says "Includes Obi-Wan Kenobit and Darth Vader?"  More proof the name comes before the suit maybe?